Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It's a long story why i say that but no matter what i do that Jesus tells us to do... I get persecuted. Jesus said there'd be days like this, so... (Mk 13:13, etc). I lived in an apt complex once where none of management appeared to be Christian, not even a wannabe.. so i had such a hard time (with the dishonesty and pestering from mgt) i felt i had no choice but to move.. and i could go on and on w/ other stories.. I guess i would like to hear others stories so i don't feel so alone

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a long story why i say that but no matter what i do that Jesus tells us to do... I get persecuted. Jesus said there'd be days like this, so... (Mk 13:13, etc). I lived in an apt complex once where none of management appeared to be Christian, not even a wannabe.. so i had such a hard time (with the dishonesty and pestering from mgt) i felt i had no choice but to move.. and i could go on and on w/ other stories.. I guess i would like to hear others stories so i don't feel so alone
:doh: Seriously? :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

There are many stories of persecution out there to be read/viewed. Quoting from the back cover of the DVD called "Popieluszko, Freedom is Within Us:"
"The powerful true story of Blessed Jerzy Popieluszko, the courageous young priest martyr who was the chaplain and spiritual leader of the large Polish trade union, Solidarity, in the 1980's. At 37 years old, Fr. Popieluszko was brutally murdered by Communist agents for his outspoken defense of his people, and proclaiming the teachings of the Church on human rights and the dignity of the human person."

Or if you prefer French History, there's a good, entertaining DVD titled "The War of The Vende'e".
It is the story of the forgotten Martyrs of the French Revolution.

Christians have often been persecuted in the past, and are more likely to be persecuted as time goes by. Our one consolation is that we are not alone in this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Not to take away from what you have experienced, but you're not in prison. You're therefore probably not the most persecuted Christian in America.
there are many different kinds of "prisons" one can be in. When one has had many things taken from him/her... that is a great prison

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
there are many different kinds of "prisons" one can be in. When one has had many things taken from him/her... that is a great prison
I agree that is limiting, but it's not as limiting as prison. Prison is where you will be targeted for beatings and rapes if no one else has your back, and in order to get people to have your back, you often have to give up certain Christian virtues.

• Agree
Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree that is limiting, but it's not as limiting as prison. Prison is where you will be targeted for beatings and rapes if no one else has your back, and in order to get people to have your back, you often have to give up certain Christian virtues.
if u know firsthand about this, I feel deeply sorry 4 you..

you are right. Thanks for the new perspective on things...

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not every Christian is given the privilege of suffering for their belief, but the persecution will strengthen your faith in a way that nothing else will. May God bless and sustain you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if u know firsthand about this, I feel deeply sorry 4 you..

you are right. Thanks for the new perspective on things...
I don't know first hand thankfully, but I have researched it. People fear going back there for a reason.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know first hand thankfully, but I have researched it. People fear going back there for a reason.
back where?

I am confused.. I talked about persecution in the USA.

I do realize things are worse in other countries. I watch the news every day.

But people in the US should NOT have to go through what I have gone through... so un-American!

but since society in general blames the victim.. i will always get the blame and not the REAL perps

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The struggle is common, trust me. It's like that even in The House of The Lord sadly. You will find fellow Brethren who love to sow seed of malice, discord and lots more. I shan't say no more.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
back where?

I am confused.. I talked about persecution in the USA.

I do realize things are worse in other countries. I watch the news every day.

But people in the US should NOT have to go through what I have gone through... so un-American!

but since society in general blames the victim.. i will always get the blame and not the REAL perps
Back to prison.

There are Christians who are in prison in America. Not imprisoned for being Christian, but perhaps they sinned gravely as Christians, or converted after being sentenced. They have it harder, for the reasons I described.

What have you gone through, specifically?

• Agree
Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Back to prison.

There are Christians who are in prison in America. Not imprisoned for being Christian, but perhaps they sinned gravely as Christians, or converted after being sentenced. They have it harder, for the reasons I described.

What have you gone through, specifically?
i can't be too specific, but I had a govt agency destroy my life, which led to me not wanting to go on. I have often wondered, as a result of all I wnet through, if it really is a terrible sin to end one's life. I believe it is, but I have had moments in which I didn't care much...

Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Not every Christian is given the privilege of suffering for their belief, but the persecution will strengthen your faith in a way that nothing else will. May God bless and sustain you. :crossrc:
privilege? well, maybe.. but doesn't look or feel like any privilege

also, I believe all true Christians have to endure egregious suffering (persecution) or the person won't make it to Heaven.

I mean, if you see a Christian suffering, well, God allows that suffering.. and so it stands to reason other Christians have to go t hrough it themselves.. of course even non Christians suffer things..

I don't know.. only God knows about all t his stuff.. but some people think they can skate through life, warm a church pew every Sunday and arrive safely on the shores of blissful eternity. I don't happen to believe one bit of that.. the road to Heaven is paved w/ suffering

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums