I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen...but let us not say swimming on the Sabbath is wrong or anything else that allows us to enjoy creation and fellowship with one another such as cookouts, Frisbee tossing, horseshoes, biking, Christian concerts, softball, hiking, kite flying and so on. All these things fall under good, not evil.

Maco:

I still disagree with you about the swimming, take a walk instead. I fee that is not necessary and it a pleasurable thing. I do not see what it has to do with Creation. There are many things the Bible says seems right to us but can lead to destruction. Cookout, Frisbee tossing, biking, softball, kite flying and so on have nothing to do with worshiping the MOST HIGH. One day HE ask for time for worship with the HOLY FATHER. Holy means to set-apart what you normally do. That Scripture says "doing your own things," on HIS HOLY Day. It is a time to reflect and study with gladness and worship.

And it shall come to pass, that from one New moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before ME, saith YAHWEH. Isa 66:23

Pray about it because we all must choose how we serve the ALMIGHTY ONES.

Blessings with love,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maco:

I still disagree with you about the swimming, take a walk instead. I fee that is not necessary and it a pleasurable thing. I do not see what it has to do with Creation. There are many things the Bible says seems right to us but can lead to destruction. Cookout, Frisbee tossing, biking, softball, kite flying and so on have nothing to do with worshiping the MOST HIGH. One day HE ask for time for worship with the HOLY FATHER. Holy means to set-apart what you normally do. That Scripture says "doing your own things," on HIS HOLY Day. It is a time to reflect and study with gladness and worship.

And it shall come to pass, that from one New moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before ME, saith YAHWEH. Isa 66:23

Pray about it because we all must choose how we serve the ALMIGHTY ONES.

Blessings with love,
stinsonmarri

Enjoying life with one another makes our heavenly Father happy. Taking kids to the beach on Sabbath afternoon is a good thing. Playing catch with a teenager on Sabbath afternoon is an investment in the life of the teenage. Jesus said whatever we do to the least of them we do to Him. My Sabbath starts with Sabbath school and then service. Following service is potluck and then we do things in the afternoon. Sometimes it's nursing home visits sometimes it's hiking and sometimes it's beach. Then there are times that we have a cookout instead of potluck. Sometimes we have service outside and enjoy the day. We are called to worship God in spirit and in truth. The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. Listen to Jesus...

Upvote 0

cjsimpson88

Unorthodox Psyche
Mar 19, 2013
Somersworth, NH
Visit site
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is not an issue of salvation, but it is an issue that drove my family out the door. The pastor at our church when I first started going told my parents they shouldn't be wearing wedding rings anymore because it was a sin of vanity. The problem was my parents weren't wearing it on the basis of vanity, but to symbolize the unity and love they have for one another through a physical manifestation. The truth is those wedding rings weren't going to stop them from getting into heaven, and in pressuring them to not wear them, it removed their ability to seek God's counsel and figure it out for themselves. He did more harm than good that day, and they've never come back.

I'm pretty sure that this is right up there with the vegan debate and what is acceptable on the Sabbath for activities. The point is: Prayer:groupray:. Ask God and seek his advice above all else, but my spiritual walk with God tells me this is a tiny issue by comparison to other dangers lurking out there. At the very least, if it is offensive to your mom, then maybe you could try to not wear it around her as a sign of respect. The bible say to "honor thy mother and father" not "blindly obey at the cost of your autonomy." Not wearing it around her may be the best way to honor her and her core values.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not an issue of salvation, but it is an issue that drove my family out the door. The pastor at our church when I first started going told my parents they shouldn't be wearing wedding rings anymore because it was a sin of vanity. The problem was my parents weren't wearing it on the basis of vanity, but to symbolize the unity and love they have for one another through a physical manifestation. The truth is those wedding rings weren't going to stop them from getting into heaven, and in pressuring them to not wear them, it removed their ability to seek God's counsel and figure it out for themselves. He did more harm than good that day, and they've never come back.

I'm pretty sure that this is right up there with the vegan debate and what is acceptable on the Sabbath for activities. The point is: Prayer:groupray:. Ask God and seek his advice above all else, but my spiritual walk with God tells me this is a tiny issue by comparison to other dangers lurking out there. At the very least, if it is offensive to your mom, then maybe you could try to not wear it around her as a sign of respect. The bible say to "honor thy mother and father" not "blindly obey at the cost of your autonomy." Not wearing it around her may be the best way to honor her and her core values.

Amen...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Enjoying life with one another makes our heavenly Father happy. Taking kids to the beach on Sabbath afternoon is a good thing. Playing catch with a teenager on Sabbath afternoon is an investment in the life of the teenage. Jesus said whatever we do to the least of them we do to Him. My Sabbath starts with Sabbath school and then service. Following service is potluck and then we do things in the afternoon. Sometimes it's nursing home visits sometimes it's hiking and sometimes it's beach. Then there are times that we have a cookout instead of potluck. Sometimes we have service outside and enjoy the day. We are called to worship God in spirit and in truth. The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. Listen to Jesus...

Your choice but remember these words:

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. Eze 3:18-21

Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned MY Sabbaths. Her priests have violated MY Law, and have profaned MINE Holy Things: they have put no difference between the Holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith YAHWEH ELOHIM, when YAHWEH hath not spoken. Eze 22:8, 26, 28

As I said some things my friend are secular and should not to done on the Sabbath. Even as Holy was the Tabernacle is was never constructed on the Sabbath. YAHWEH destroy Abihu and Nadab because they used ordinary fire instead of the Fire that came down out of Heaven from YAHWEH and staid in the middle of the Burnt Altar! This fire was to never go out and they had a special dish to reserve. This same fire that came down and completely ate up Elijah altar.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Pro 16:25

Love you and have a bless Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

cjsimpson:

Adventist once taught here in America when I was a girl that it was a sin to wear jewelry. It is not a sin but the costly array is a sin. There is nothing wrong, I repeat nothing wrong with wearing an expensive wedding band. But it is wrong to buy a expensive gold with diamond ring, watch, necklace or any thing costly period. Adventist married with watches with diamond and gold or other expensive stones-what is the difference than the ring? Nothing! A wedding band should be worn it is a seal, covenant between you and your spouse. Even on the Sabbath, but other jewelry should not because most come to church and wear today for show. If you read your Bible they wore rings as a seal of honor which included the Sabbath. Now, I never read that we should be vegans but YAHWEH did warn if we ate animal flesh with the blood in it, HE would required it at our hands. Now HE told the Children of Israel how to eat animal flesh and I know because I lived in Israel as well as read my Bible. It is nasty and do not want it. The only flesh I like without the blood is fish and chicken breast that is it! We must be realistic today they are pumping all types of hormones in flesh as well. You are not going eat animal in Heaven or the earth made knew. There is an old saying: "You are what you eat!" Wonder why we like to killed and do sexual things like animals-think about because I ate two for years. My mother stop on her own because if she could not her ham, she did not any thing that been since 1955! She is still here! Sorry about your parents and what they went through. We all must study the Bible for ourselves.

Happy Sabbath and be bless,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your choice but remember these words:

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. Eze 3:18-21

Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned MY Sabbaths. Her priests have violated MY Law, and have profaned MINE Holy Things: they have put no difference between the Holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith YAHWEH ELOHIM, when YAHWEH hath not spoken. Eze 22:8, 26, 28

As I said some things my friend are secular and should not to done on the Sabbath. Even as Holy was the Tabernacle is was never constructed on the Sabbath. YAHWEH destroy Abihu and Nadab because they used ordinary fire instead of the Fire that came down out of Heaven from YAHWEH and staid in the middle of the Burnt Altar! This fire was to never go out and they had a special dish to reserve. This same fire that came down and completely ate up Elijah altar.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Pro 16:25

Love you and have a bless Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

I am not suggesting that you forget the Sabbath but what I am saying is to not use the old covenant to draw principles in Sabbath keeping. We are under the new covenant in which Jesus set the principles for Sabbath keeping in light of being free.

Galatians 2:4 But because of false brethren secretly brought in, who slipped in to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage.

When God created the seventh day and blessed it He gave no regulations in how to keep it or what could be done on the Sabbath. All that stuff came later under the law of sin and death.

Galatians 4:21-26 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a free woman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the free woman through promise, which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

When you return to the old covenant to draw Sabbath keeping principles you are drawing from the well of bondage. The Sabbath is a blessed day and we should take the day off to celebrate it but there is freedom in how you choose to celebrate it.

Colossians 2:16-17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

The seventh day is a blessed day and a time to celebrate but it's also a shadow of the coming kingdom of God and our rest in Jesus, which is found in the Gospel message.

Hebrews 4:1-5 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”Mark 3:4 hen He said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent.

Luke 6:9 Then Jesus said to them, “I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?”

If you believe swimming on the Sabbath is a sin then don't swim on the Sabbath. If you think you're more holy by not wearing jewelry on the Sabbath then don't wear it. This is your freedom in Christ...

To me, if you believe it's more holy not to wear jewelry on the Sabbath then that means you are unholy the rest of the week because you do wear it. Do you see where that mindset will lead you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maco:

Response to your comments:

I am not suggesting that you forget the Sabbath but what I am saying is to not use the old covenant to draw principles in Sabbath keeping. We are under the new covenant in which Jesus set the principles for Sabbath keeping in light of being free.

This has been a problem with most people and that is understanding what words truly mean in the Bible. There is the Original Covenant and it was contain in the Ark called the Ark of the Covenant which was duplicated from the Original One in Heaven.

The word covenant simply means a contract. You have a contract for buying a car, house, boat even marriage. In that contract contains laws that are binding legally. Man broke the Holy Contract of Laws and now a new Promise was given but they had to keep the Original Covenant-ELOHIM'S Law and Commandments these are Everlasting. Ex 24:12 Now the Law requires if it is broken a penalty had to be met. It was the shedding of blood that leads to death. To intervene until the Promise would appear an innocent lamb must be shed to fulfill the penalty requirement. This was a temporary covenant and was taken away at the death of the Promise. This is what Galatians was talking about the two Laws one Everlasting the other conditional until the Real Promise comes!

When God created the seventh day and blessed it He gave no regulations in how to keep it or what could be done on the Sabbath. All that stuff came later under the law of sin and death.

What stuff? You must understand what Paul is explaining to Indo-Europeans about the Promise. Abraham had two sons one under the Promise the other under the penalty of sin. The bondwoman represented clearly restrictions which were killing animals in our place. Each individual had to cut their own animal throat not the priest. While taking the animals life they had to look this poor creature in his eye as the priest caught the blood. At first it was awful but man sinned so much that it begins to mean nothing. Isa 1:11-13

When you return to the old covenant to draw Sabbath keeping principles you are drawing from the well of bondage. The Sabbath is a blessed day and we should take the day off to celebrate it but there is freedom in how you choose to celebrate it.

There is only one way to celebrate the Sabbath and it is in the Original and Everlasting Covenant. It means to keep it Holy. YAHWEH has never alter HIS Covenant or changed anything from HIS Mouth, man has attempted to, but can't.

MY Covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of MY Lips. Psa 89:34

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

You only chose a portion of what Paul was saying. The Colossians, Galatians, and all the other Greek and Indo-European people was having a problem with the Jews. They hated them and even put in place a petition between them in the courtyard. YAHWEH never said to do that at all. Ex 12:49; 20:8-11 Those Jews who accepted the message of the MESSIAH were still was bias and wanted hang on to Moses' laws that were written in a book. That is not the Law of ELOHIM! These handwritings of ordinances were contrary to all mankind and they were taken out of the way:

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Act 13:39

There the law or the bondswoman in Galatians! These laws were a burden and could not be justified. Paul wrote a letter to the Hebrews who should have understood but they didn't.

And HE shall confirm the Covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week HE shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27

There was no day ever mention to be done away with once YASHUA died! What you are doing is exactly what ELOHIM said that there will be an attempt to destroy the Holy Appointed Set Time that is used by the pagan word feast or festival and HIS Commandments!

And he shall speak words against the MOST HIGH [ELOAH] and shall wear out the saints of the MOST HIGH and think to change the time [of sacred feasts [Holy Appointed Set Time] and Holy days] and the Law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].Dan 7:25

YAHWEH clearly stated that the Holy Appointed Set Time were HIS! Lev 23:2 You think that Paul would change HIS Holy Appointed Set Time? If you do than you do not know the MOST HIGH at all! HE is the MOST HIGH and HIS Word cannot nor will not be changed! Mal 3:6

The seventh day is a blessed day and a time to celebrate but it's also a shadow of the coming kingdom of God and our rest in Jesus, which is found in the Gospel message.

There is another text that you overlooked:

For the Law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. Heb 10:1

This explains Colossians 2:14-17 that the Holy Appointed Set Times are the Laws of shadow the good things to come through YASHUA. That is why on the Day of Pentecost the good did come the out pouring of the latter rain on that day. Folks just do not get it these days had significant for both the Plan of Redemption and Salvation. Just as there were two Plans there two Covenants the one Moses used animal blood to over which was his book of sacrificial laws, priestly services, and the ritual of the passover supper that all ended at the death of the MESSIAH.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering HIS rest (the word really should be used here is celebrated and not rest.), let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest (celebration), as HE has said: So I swore in MY wrath, They shall not enter My rest (celebrated), although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And ELOHIM rested on the seventh day from all HIS works And again in this place They shall not enter MY rest (celebrated). Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Heb 1-6

This is referring back to Gen 2:1-4????

Then HE said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent. Mark 3:4

These Texts proves my point the good the SAVIOR was doing was healing the sick and not riding a bike, swimming or other secular recreation. The Sabbath was made for man and not the other way around again I say it Holy and doing you secular recreation HIS day, you have six days to do those pleasurable things.

If you believe swimming on the Sabbath is a sin then don't swim on the Sabbath. If you think you're more holy by not wearing jewelry on the Sabbath then don't wear it. This is your freedom in Christ... To me, if you believe it's more holy not to wear jewelry on the Sabbath then that means you are unholy the rest of the week because you do wear it. Do you see where that mindset will lead you?

Now who is judging? How do you know my mindset and I do attempt to act righteous every day with the aid of the HOLY SPIRIT. I fall short but I pray to overcome. I was not created holy that's where so many attempt to put down those who are presenting to them truth. The first thing we are being called holy. The life we lived is Holy through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT. Adam and Eve and the Sabbath were created Holy and were set aside but the couple lost their Holiness, the day did not! Let me say this the SAVIOR could have gone swimming, playing ball or whatever. HE was always healing on the Sabbath and walking and dealing with nature. As I said before many want to make an excuse to obey what is clear. Jewelry is not the sin as I have said it is the costly pieces that people wear instead using that money to help someone! It saddens me that so many people are holding on to these things which are breaking the Command on coveting! Choose whom you will serve but as for me I rather choose to obey all of YAHWEH'S Law, and Commandments and seek HIS Kingdom of Righteous!

May you be bless and have a happy Sabbath.
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maco:

Response to your comments:

This has been a problem with most people and that is understanding what words truly mean in the Bible. There is the Original Covenant and it was contain in the Ark called the Ark of the Covenant which was duplicated from the Original One in Heaven.

The word covenant simply means a contract. You have a contract for buying a car, house, boat even marriage. In that contract contains laws that are binding legally. Man broke the Holy Contract of Laws and now a new Promise was given but they had to keep the Original Covenant-ELOHIM'S Law and Commandments these are Everlasting. Ex 24:12 Now the Law requires if it is broken a penalty had to be met. It was the shedding of blood that leads to death. To intervene until the Promise would appear an innocent lamb must be shed to fulfill the penalty requirement. This was a temporary covenant and was taken away at the death of the Promise. This is what Galatians was talking about the two Laws one Everlasting the other conditional until the Real Promise comes!

What stuff? You must understand what Paul is explaining to Indo-Europeans about the Promise. Abraham had two sons one under the Promise the other under the penalty of sin. The bondwoman represented clearly restrictions which were killing animals in our place. Each individual had to cut their own animal throat not the priest. While taking the animals life they had to look this poor creature in his eye as the priest caught the blood. At first it was awful but man sinned so much that it begins to mean nothing. Isa 1:11-13

There is only one way to celebrate the Sabbath and it is in the Original and Everlasting Covenant. It means to keep it Holy. YAHWEH has never alter HIS Covenant or changed anything from HIS Mouth, man has attempted to, but can't.

MY Covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of MY Lips. Psa 89:34

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

You only chose a portion of what Paul was saying. The Colossians, Galatians, and all the other Greek and Indo-European people was having a problem with the Jews. They hated them and even put in place a petition between them in the courtyard. YAHWEH never said to do that at all. Ex 12:49; 20:8-11 Those Jews who accepted the message of the MESSIAH were still was bias and wanted hang on to Moses' laws that were written in a book. That is not the Law of ELOHIM! These handwritings of ordinances were contrary to all mankind and they were taken out of the way:

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Act 13:39

There the law or the bondswoman in Galatians! These laws were a burden and could not be justified. Paul wrote a letter to the Hebrews who should have understood but they didn't.

And HE shall confirm the Covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week HE shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27

There was no day ever mention to be done away with once YASHUA died! What you are doing is exactly what ELOHIM said that there will be an attempt to destroy the Holy Appointed Set Time that is used by the pagan word feast or festival and HIS Commandments!

And he shall speak words against the MOST HIGH [ELOAH] and shall wear out the saints of the MOST HIGH and think to change the time [of sacred feasts [Holy Appointed Set Time] and Holy days] and the Law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].Dan 7:25

YAHWEH clearly stated that the Holy Appointed Set Time were HIS! Lev 23:2 You think that Paul would change HIS Holy Appointed Set Time? If you do than you do not know the MOST HIGH at all! HE is the MOST HIGH and HIS Word cannot nor will not be changed! Mal 3:6

There is another text that you overlooked:

For the Law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. Heb 10:1

This explains Colossians 2:14-17 that the Holy Appointed Set Times are the Laws of shadow the good things to come through YASHUA. That is why on the Day of Pentecost the good did come the out pouring of the latter rain on that day. Folks just do not get it these days had significant for both the Plan of Redemption and Salvation. Just as there were two Plans there two Covenants the one Moses used animal blood to over which was his book of sacrificial laws, priestly services, and the ritual of the passover supper that all ended at the death of the MESSIAH.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering HIS rest (the word really should be used here is celebrated and not rest.), let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest (celebration), as HE has said: So I swore in MY wrath, They shall not enter My rest (celebrated), although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And ELOHIM rested on the seventh day from all HIS works And again in this place They shall not enter MY rest (celebrated). Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Heb 1-6

This is referring back to Gen 2:1-4????

Then HE said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent. Mark 3:4

These Texts proves my point the good the SAVIOR was doing was healing the sick and not riding a bike, swimming or other secular recreation. The Sabbath was made for man and not the other way around again I say it Holy and doing you secular recreation HIS day, you have six days to do those pleasurable things.

If you believe swimming on the Sabbath is a sin then don't swim on the Sabbath. If you think you're more holy by not wearing jewelry on the Sabbath then don't wear it. This is your freedom in Christ... To me, if you believe it's more holy not to wear jewelry on the Sabbath then that means you are unholy the rest of the week because you do wear it. Do you see where that mindset will lead you?

Now who is judging? How do you know my mindset and I do attempt to act righteous every day with the aid of the HOLY SPIRIT. I fall short but I pray to overcome. I was not created holy that's where so many attempt to put down those who are presenting to them truth. The first thing we are being called holy. The life we lived is Holy through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT. Adam and Eve and the Sabbath were created Holy and were set aside but the couple lost their Holiness, the day did not! Let me say this the SAVIOR could have gone swimming, playing ball or whatever. HE was always healing on the Sabbath and walking and dealing with nature. As I said before many want to make an excuse to obey what is clear. Jewelry is not the sin as I have said it is the costly pieces that people wear instead using that money to help someone! It saddens me that so many people are holding on to these things which are breaking the Command on coveting! Choose whom you will serve but as for me I rather choose to obey all of YAHWEH'S Law, and Commandments and seek HIS Kingdom of Righteous!

May you be bless and have a happy Sabbath.
stinsonmarri

stinsonmarri; I still disagree with you about the swimming, take a walk instead. I feel that is not necessary and it a pleasurable thing.
Do you hear yourself?

I enjoy walking so it's pleasurable for me to go for a walk but it too is not a necessary thing to do on the Sabbath. Do I need to be miserable when I walk on the Sabbath to avoid sinning while I walk? Is it the wetness of the water that makes it a sin to swim on the Sabbath instead of walking? You have set a man made standard for keeping the Sabbath just like the Pharisees did.

Take the day off from work and enjoy the day God blessed...
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

tnp2140

In Ezekiel 16.12 the Lord gives Zion earrings and even a nose ring.

(Am I supposed to post here?)

Zion is a mountain. How can you give a MOUNTAIN earrings and a ring?

I hope you realize that what is portrayed is a symbolic representation of God's people, symbolized by Zion, as having the need to 'beautify' themselves before God which represents a change and transformation of character.

Proof of this is that the LORD is quite blatant in His condemnation of outward ornaments in Isaiah 3:16-23. We see this reiterated in the New Testament in 1 Peter 3:3,4.

Let us remember that the journey of ancient Israel from bondage in Egypt and into the promised land of Canaan is a great type/figure of God's people at the end of time. In the type, God required ALL Israelites to lay off their earings, necklaces, rings, and all outward adornment before they were allowed to enter the promised land.

Think about it.

Upvote 0
C

claudiathompson

What about adorning the inner man instead of trying to draw attention to yourself by wearing jewelry?

We are supposed to be changing our characters to be like Christ, and not worrying about outward adoring.

1 Peter 3:2-4

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

I truly doubt that Jesus or any of the disciples would have gone around with jewels in their noses or belly button or anywhere else for that matter. They were too busy trying to draw people's attention to Jesus Christ. Seriously, isn't that what wearing jewelry is all about?

Also, people need to listen to Joe Crew's talks on "Colorful Cosmetics and Jewelry" which you can find at YouTube. The Israelites were actually never supposed to be wearing it at all. But they were constantly falling into the idolatry it the heathen and doing what they did. Just because the Bible may mention something that they did, does not necessarily mean that it was condoned by God. Just like the man practicing polygamy.

There is all of that plus the idea of refraining from poking holes in your body unnecessarily. The Bible says that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

claudiathompson

Also, if the Bible says the Israelites put their earrings into the treasury to help God's cause, wouldn't it be good for you to do the same? Instead of wasting God's money upon embellishing your appearance? That is idolatry.

THE REVIEW AND HERALD

March 28, 1882

"The fearful effect of a worldly, unconsecrated influence at the head of the work is felt by our own people throughout the land. An instance of this came under my own notice not long since. A sister who had spent some weeks at one of our institutions in Battle Creek, said that she felt much disappointed in what she saw and heard there. She had thought to find a people far in advance of the younger churches, both in knowledge of the truth and in religious experience. Here she hoped to gain much instruction which she could carry to her sisters in the faith in a distant State. But she was surprised and pained at the lightness, the worldliness, and lack of devotion which she met on every hand.

Before accepting the truth, she had followed the fashions of the world in her dress, and had worn costly jewelry and other ornaments; but upon deciding to obey the word of God, she felt that its teachings required her to lay aside all extravagant and superfluous adorning. She was taught that Seventh-day Adventists did not wear jewelry, gold, silver, or precious stones, and that they did not conform to worldly fashions in their dress. When she saw among those who profess the faith such a wide departure from Bible simplicity, she felt bewildered. Had they not the same Bible which she had been studying, and to which she had endeavored to conform her life? Had her past experience been mere fanaticism? Had she misinterpreted the words of the apostle, “The friendship of the world is enmity with God, for whosoever will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God”?

Mrs. D., a lady occupying a position in the institution, was visiting at Sr.-----’s room one day, when the latter took out of her trunk a gold necklace and chain, and said she wished to dispose of this jewelry and put the proceeds into the Lord’s treasury. Said the other, “Why do you sell it? I would wear it if it was mine.” “Why,” she replied Sr.-----, “when I received the truth, I was taught that all these things must be laid aside. Surely they are contrary to the teachings of God’s word.” And she cited her hearer to the words of the apostles, Paul and Peter, upon this point, “In like manner, also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broidered hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but, as becometh women professing godliness, with good works.” “Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel. But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit.”

In answer, the lady displayed a gold ring on her finger, given her by an unbeliever, and said she thought it no harm to wear such ornaments. “We are not so particular,” said she, “as formerly. Our people have been over- scrupulous in their opinions upon the subject of dress. The ladies of this institution wear gold watches and gold chains, and dress like other people. It is not good policy to be singular in our dress; for we cannot exert so much influence.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing wrong with jewelry and fashion. It is important however, IMHO to show good taste and a certain modesty. Buying the most expensive clothes in order to show off and be trendy does not seem to be the way of the Lord to me. Following all kinds of fashions, like tattoos, and immodest wear that is too revealing does not honor the Lord at all but rather brings shame to the Kingdom of the Lord. Not all things fashionable are bad. and not all things fashionable are good. It reminds of Paul saying that we should try everything and hold on to which is good.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is the standard of God:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

Why is it that these verses are often quoted to women and young people regarding outward appearances (jewelry, tattoos, clothing, etc.) in Christian groups, when the verses in their context speak more to the character within each person and the diversity God creates and sustains by His grace even within a united body of church members? Why is the living sacrifice necessarily interpreted as only our individual physical bodies and not who we are in our hearts and minds, or maybe who we are as a church body? Doesn't the Bible also say that man looks at the outward appearances but God knows the heart (1 Sam. 16:7)?

Upvote 0