Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I lost my mother when I was 9 years old back in 2003 tragically and I was adopted by my grandmother who was my mother’s mother. I lost my grandmother this week she passed away this Friday. I woke up last Saturday to my grandfather opening my bedroom door telling me she was dying in the hospital. So I have been at the hospital all week with her up until Friday except to go home and go to bed of course but I also stayed late and got up really early. My grandmother died of kidney failure and her heart health was declining badly. I walked into the hospital to see her sedated and on life support hooked up to tons of different machines. I walked in there and lasted like a minute before I walked out it was to much to see. But I ended up going back later that day and stayed with her. She was so bad they didn’t even think she would make it 24 hrs from when they told us. They pulled her off life support because my grandmother didn’t want to be on life support for to long if it was not working out. But the doctors also said that all the machines hooked upto her was doing more damage to her heart than helping her aswell. So I lost my 2nd mother as well. I am having a difficult time remembering stuff and concentrating on stuff and doing stuff the right way. My family is skipping Mother’s Day this year!

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟709,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, truly I am.

I have lost people close to me and it's heartbreaking.

I don't remember the days immediately following the death of either my father or my daughter. I don't even know how long before I got out of bed and stopped crying.

Time... It's just time. Grab onto the life the women in your life wanted so badly for you to have and run with it and live with joy.

The pain will subside given time.

Upvote 0