ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you supporting the thought that not only can they not vote, but they cannot also:

• Purchase Alcohol
  • Purchase Tobacco
  • Open a bank account
  • Apply for food stamps
  • Apply for welfare
  • Apply for Medicaid or social security
  • Apply for a job
  • Apply for unemployment
  • Rent an Apartment
  • Apply for a mortgage
  • Drive - purchase - or rent a car
  • Get on an airplane
  • Get Married
  • Purchase a gun
  • Adopt a pet
  • Rent a hotel room
  • Get a hunting license
  • But a cell phone
  • Pick up a prescription at a pharmacy
  • Legally hold a rally or protests
  • Give blood
  • Register to vote :https://www.eac.gov/sites/default/files/eac_assets/1/6/Federal_Voter_Registration_ENG.pdf
Apparently the Left is OK with "discriminating" against all that.

All they want is to vote apparently.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Roughly 25 years?

No long at all. So it seems we are right on time if your initial numbers concerning the changes in the U.S are accurate 15-20 (as it might stand now) to add another 10 years would then be 25-30

So around 2030 (How convenient) ^_^

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,210.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No long at all. So it seems we are right on time if your initial numbers concerning the changes in the U.S are accurate 15-20 (as it might stand now) to add another 10 years would then be 25-30

So around 2030 (How convenient) ^_^
I deleted that post, because I am not sure if the number I gave is right :D

I took it from there: Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are people who are not able to attain identification, don’t have the transportation to get it, and also don’t have the ability/money/access to get the proper documentation to get it.

those are the facts. Expand your horizons outside of your bubble.

Since we are addressing the facts: Please cite credible sources showing how much of the population does not have the "ability/money/access to get the proper documentation" to present ID to be able to do the following:

• Purchase Alcohol
  • Purchase Tobacco
  • Open a bank account
  • Apply for food stamps
  • Apply for welfare
  • Apply for Medicaid or social security
  • Apply for a job
  • Apply for unemployment
  • Rent an Apartment
  • Apply for a mortgage
  • Drive - purchase - or rent a car
  • Get on an airplane
  • Get Married
  • Purchase a gun
  • Adopt a pet
  • Rent a hotel room
  • Get a hunting license
  • But a cell phone
  • Pick up a prescription at a pharmacy
  • Legally hold a rally or protests
  • Give blood
I invite you to burst my bubble and will applaud the proof - Your previous link does not address it .

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I deleted that post, because I am not sure if the number I gave is right :D

I took it from there: Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia

I cant tell you one way or another, I have to ask, there are certain things and math is one of them I need assistance with, took me an entire year to get the guts up to make lye soap because I was frantic about the precision of the numbers and me getting it wrong ^_^

But I make a killer bar of goats milk soap (I got over it) and slowly mastering other areas

If I were younger I would hire a tutor

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. You have to register to vote in a National election

2. Part of registering to vote is ID (from previous link)
box 6.JPG
form.JPG

You are then issued a voters registration card -

Why not just require that to vote?

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but there are more poor white people

The assumption is, if you are black you will vote democrat and if you are white you are more likely to vote republican. Also, if you are poor you can't afford an ID. So if these premises are true, then republicans would be losing more votes and not democrats.

No. Again, there are 193 million more white people than black people. That renders the eight million poor white people you mention statistically insignificant, if not completely irrelevant, here. The African American poverty rate is 18%, the white poverty rate is 7%.

Further, voter suppression laws are more than just some people being unable to afford an ID.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not exactly America's brightest, is she?
I can see why she's become a darling of the democrats.

I can fully appreciate any diversity in levels of brightness. She can probably make one mean buttery nipple (afterall she was a bartender) before she graced us outside of that particular station.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Again, there are 193 million more white people than black people. That renders the eight million poor white people you mention statistically insignificant, if not completely irrelevant, here. The African American poverty rate is 18%, the white poverty rate is 7%.

Further, voter suppression laws are more than just some people being unable to afford an ID.

-CryptoLutheran

Perhaps we should return to a President whose policies actually helped them.

The historically low poverty rates for Blacks and Hispanics in 2019 reflect gains for race and Hispanic origin groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged compared to other groups over time.
poverty-rates-for-blacks-and-hispanics-reached-historic-lows-in-2019-figure-1.jpg

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I went for my annual physical this week.

I was told before I went that I would need to present a government issued photo ID.

In other words, people can't even see a doctor without a photo ID these days

Why is presenting an ID to vote discrimination against blacks alone ?

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went for my annual physical this week.

I was told before I went that I would need to present a government issued photo ID.

In other words, people can't even see a doctor without a photo ID these days

Why is presenting an ID to vote discrimination against blacks alone ?

Because they very likely "need it" to be, transparency is not one of their virtues.

They prefer the real reason to sit in the dark as long as it works to their own advantage somehow

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran
8 million more poor white voters than black is insignificant?

Do Black votes matter more?

I thought they all counted as one.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
8 million more poor white voters than black is insignificant?

Do Black votes matter more?

I thought they all counted as one.

If we were to distribute those 8 million across all 50 states evenly that amounts to 160,000 per state. Though, it's not evenly distributed; not evenly distributed across the 50 states, and not evenly distributed within each of the states. There will be an uneven distribution in districts.

Seeing as there are a disproportionate number of African Americans in poverty than white people--a significantly higher percentage of poor African Americans than poor whites. Coupled with the fact of gerrymandering districts, poorer areas will see more diverse ratios of white and non-white poor in compared to mostly white wealthier areas. The net effect is that systems which negatively effect the poor, disproportionately effect poor people of color.

It's not "voter ID laws negatively effect poor people, and there are numerically more non-white poor than white poor"; it's that laws which are harmful for the poor disproportionately effect persons of color.

Let me offer a piece of ancient history for helpful comparison purposes.

In the 3rd century the Roman Emperor Decius made a decree that all Roman subjects, in order to show their loyalty, were required to make sacrifice to the gods. This sacrifice had to be done in the presence of a Roman magistrate, who would grant them a libellus, a certificate identifying them as loyal subjects of the Empire. Now the decree did not target anyone, not explicitly. But take a guess what minority group within the Roman Empire was most negatively effected? That's right, the Christians.

Now, when Decius made the decree, it wasn't explicitly a law that went out of its way to target Christians. It wasn't overtly anti-Christian. It was simply a law that said you had to demonstrate your loyalty to the empire by getting a piece of identification. But Christians were the ones disproportionately effected by the decree--they would not worship the state gods, they did not have a libellus that would identify them as loyal Roman subjects. And have a guess what not having a libellus meant as far as the general Roman public and the Roman authorities were concerned? That's right, disloyalty. And guess what the Romans liked to do with disloyal people.

You see, laws don't have to be overtly against a specific group of people, to hurt a specific group of people.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards."

lol.

"Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites."

That does not constitute discrimination. On the contrary, opposing voter ID is racist, because it carries the premise that black people are somehow inferior and inherently less capable than whites of aquiring voter ID, rather than the non-racist explanation that it comes down to individual social values on a sub-cultural level.

Ami Horowitz did a short where he went to a university and asked racist white progressives if black people are somehow inferior and therefore shouldn't have to provide ID to vote. They were all to happy to indulge in their benevolent white supremacy. Then he went to Harlem and asked random black people if it's unreasonable to require ID to vote. They were generally offended by the ignorant white supremacy of progressives.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Now, when Decius made the decree, it wasn't explicitly a law that went out of its way to target Christians. It wasn't overtly anti-Christian.

Yes it was.

Why are blacks inferior and less capable of acquiring basic things like cell phones and ID?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it was anti-Christian; but it wasn't explicitly and overtly so.

-CryptoLutheran
IMO it's overtly, but not explicitly.

That said, don't you think it's racist to treat blacks as less capable than whites of getting basics for functioning in society? Esp. when there are so many programs to help with that?

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it was anti-Christian; but it wasn't explicitly and overtly so.

-CryptoLutheran
Speaking of laws in Europe used to target certain groups of people, no people were targeted directly by laws as the Jewish people. No other people has encountered the level of hatred than the Jewish people. Everything that was done to them during the Holocaust had been done to them centuries prior. This includes the Jewish ghettos, having to wear special dress to make it easy to identify them, kicking them out of entire countries, rounding them up and killing them in mass, etc. In fact, you could say that the Holocaust was just a natural climax of the oppression.

So the question begs, why do the Jewish people consistently rank socioeconomically at the top no matter what country they live in and no matter how much oppression comes their way?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because over half the Jewish families are run by teenage mothers.

Upvote 0