I neglected my wife... now she has an internet love intrest...

mghalpern

Sep 23, 2004
Bakersfield, CA
✟15,479.00
Faith
Protestant
Jennifer615 said:
Michael, despite our differences of opinion, I am so happy that things are going better with your wife. I truly hope you reconcile, because I know you love her and will be the best husband for her.
Jennifer615... Thank you so much. I'm glad your back and hopefully you had a good time. Please keep praying (especially for my patience)...Michael

Upvote 0

juliegirl

May 31, 2004
Missouri
✟121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can honestly say that my husband is really trying to do better...We have good days, and we've had bad days...The only person I can change is myself...God's been dealing with me on forgiveness...
Colossians 3:12,13 "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, you also must do."

OUCH....

Upvote 0
B

brokenarrow

"..." I am just letting you know I am reading your posts...

"advice"???... or inquisition?? lol.... I think you are wanting me to recant! lol

From my very first post I have confessed my "neglect"... and no one has told me anything in here that I didn't already know from the word about the requirements of a husband, but there has also been a lot of "personal opinion" that has no wordly foundation whatsoever... just wild speculation, accusation and criticism.

When I responded to those I just became defensive and made myself out to be someone that I am not. There are just some things that no matter how right you may be... there is no argument that does anything except to make you look the worse for making it.

For example if you were accused of child abuse for spanking your child... and now because the accusation was made, there is nothing that you are going to say that is going to "sound right" to those who will automatically believe the worst about you. You will just dig your hole deeper and deeper by trying to defend why you spanked or will spank your children in the future if they need it… and then even if it turns out you were innocent… everyone will have in the back of their minds when they see you with your chidren… to “watch” you for any signs that maybe you are…

And then what if the accusation was made by someone close to you... and it turns out that they just happened to be very upset with you at the time... and now wish they could take it back… then what…?

I was wrong to argue with you in here… to argue with my wife in here… and I keep telling myself not to do it again… I couldn’t tell you how many times I have typed out very long responses in here only to delete them. I know in your hearts that you are only trying to help us and honestly I really do appreciate the effort.

But just like in any modern day “trial” along with the actual court there is also the court of public opinion… and sadly for the most part… that is what this has become… and I refuse to drag my wife through the mud just to win in this arena, and any attempt I make at a defense of myself is only digging my hole deeper with the one that really matters…

her.

So why did I start this thread in the first place…? Go back and read my first post… look at my “name”… my signature… I wasn’t asking for anyone to fry her…nor to fry me… I was pleading for prayer from fellow believers. Despite what some of you have said in here about praying not doing any good… I believe in prayer because I believe in the convicting power of Holy Spirit to change hearts… mine first… and hers.

Yes… I deliberately provoked her into posting in here because I was hurt and frustrated, and I was wrong to do so… and maybe in the end… I was wrong to post anything in here at all. I am ashamed that I allowed myself to be pulled into any of this “debate” at all.

I thank you for your prayers… but… I also challenge you for the future, and when others come here for what ever reason and post their heart aches and requests for prayers… that instead of posting critically about someone on either side of a conflict… that you post a prayer instead…

“Taking sides”… and posting your opinion on how wrong one or the other is only fuels the strife in a situation… and where there is strife… there is every evil work.

In Him,

Broken arrow

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well Broken arrow, I want to first of all apologize about my posts, there really is no purpose, nor do they do any good. I can certainly empathise with how you feel about defending yourself and it not helping your case, and how it feels to be misunderstood and judged so wrongly by fellow christians, especially at this forum. As a matter of fact I quit coming here for several months because when I was in need, hurting, reaching out I got a lot of mean, insulting responses. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. The reason I did this in two of my posts is because the subject hit on something personal and really had nothing to do with the two of you. Even if you were thinking of leaving your wife to help your ministry, my post really served no good purpose, there are certain ways to reach out to and minister to people, and just critizing and condemning there is not that way. I'm sure you know that as a minister. Anyways, God Bless to both of you and I really am glad and hope that you two continue to grow closer through this as I know you will in seeking God.

HB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Broken Arrow - Juliegirl -

I'm going to be praying for you both. I have read most of your posts on this thread and its disturbing to me.

I realize that you guys are working through a lot of problems in your relationship now - but there is one key element in all of this that I really want you both to consider focusing in on for just a moment:

The Internet.

Perhaps you already have - but I haven't seen either of you address it in this thread - even after it was mentioned by some others at the beginning. I'm not saying it is the root cause by any stretch - but it is playing a role in everything. Julie with "cyberboy" and Broken with all of the teenagers (its the females that seem to be at issue mainly) emailing and IMing you all the time.

It is the one thing that jumped out at me while reading your posts. It's something that you must acknowledge as being an unnecessary hinderance in your relationship - and it appears (to me anyway) that it has turned into to something much worse than just a hinderance.

Of note - brokenarrow - you stated on at least two occassions that you were not going to post on this thread any longer - yet you have continued to do so. That suggests to me that you might possibly have some sort of addiction to this - and if to this - then possibly the net as a whole. It's as if you know it has the potential to make matters worse - and you don't want to inflame the situation any further (knowing your wife is reading especially) - but something just makes you keep coming back and mixing it up more. Now don't get mad at me - I'm only making an observation here - not a judgement - I'm only asking that you consider what I'm pointing out (as an observation).

Perhaps maybe you all should consider shutting down your computer and closing out your account. I strongly suggest it. I am not saying that your issues will be solved by doing this - but this is something that appears to be having a very great influence on you guys not being able to resolve your issues or starting to get them resolved.

Again - I am not judgeing. I am only offering you an outsider's perspective in hopes that it might help you out. Please - consider turning off the computer.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am praying for you both........

One thought for Broken Arrow......You said your calling, the ministry is a part of who you are...... you also said that God needs to be first in all areas...... To find unity ... the two of you need to be called together and put God first together....... Make mutual decisions about the timing and the direction things should go and then do them together. Could it be possible that God is calling you to take some time off in order to get your wife and you unified so that you can minister together in a greater way???

Anyway, I will pray for the two of you......Remember that as much as God loves our ministry for him , He loves us Just for us and not for what we can do for him......I know that God loves both you and your wife and has not forgotten your situation..

Upvote 0