I need some help.

G

GEO4CHRIST

Can some one help me add a little to the beginning and end of this script? Make it easy for me to make transitions from one character to another.

I can't give anymore. I have a life too, I need this money.

"Give and it will be given to you" (Luke 6:38).

Forgive them? You've got be kidding - you obviously don't know what they did, they don’t deserve my forgiveness.

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. Mark 11:25

You'd worry too if you knew the difficulties I face. The grades I have to keep up, the friends I have to keep impressing, there’s too much pressure.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Have you ever met my neighbor? You don’t know him, he scares me.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:39

I have what it takes to go right to the top and I don't care who I have to step on to get there. The ones who see me as a jerk are just jealous and they don’t count anyway.

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Matthew 20:27

Anybody would get angry with someone like that, he’s a jerk! There’s a reason why he has no friends, just look at him!

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9

What You're saying just doesn't make sense. I can’t do this anymore, It’s just to hard too understand

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

I'm not such a bad guy. I’m a leader in my church, I put money in the offering plate every week, I even helped that old lady across the street the other day.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Then what do I do? I try and try to do everything I’m supposed to but it’s not enough. My life still isn’t like it’s supposed to be. I still feel this emptiness like there is something missing but I don’t know what it is. I still go home everyday and ask myself why I’m here. What am I doing? Do I have a purpose? Why is everything I do wrong? You tell me. What should I be looking for?

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is this the whole script?

Is each line said by a different character or is it more of a monologue?

What is the setting for this story? Is it a stage play, commercial-ish, etc.?

I would love to help you out, geo4christ!

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

I'm not sure either, preacher man, but it looks like great material for a play or skit for your church. Let's pretend that's what you wanted:

If you have the right equipment this would only need a big screen TV, some props,and one actor, (unless you want to expand it to a full play,).

The set up would be a young man sitting at his computer, ( a keyboard, and computer stuff set up around the TV,). He is obviously distressed and deep in thought. He decides to look for help online.

I would advise that he talks out everything he types, it's not too strange, I do it all the time, (I'm doing it right now,).

After a couple of attempts one would take normaly, something like 'I need advice. com', or 'madam psychic online.com', he gets a wild hair and decides to try to contact God online. ^_^

To his suprise, God answers. :bow:

That's where your stuff would come in. At first he could be typing out his questions to God as The Lord responds with His Word. Then he forgets to type and speaks his questions out loud. Again, to his suprise, God still answers. (all the words on screen would be already pre-programed, of course that may be harder than I think it is, I don't really know any of the technical details.)

The end seems only fitting to be in a prayer.

How's that?

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I really like that idea, ZionKinght! I could see it very well in my mind.

The technical aspect wouldn't be hard at all. It would just take a simple PowerPoint slideshow...white letters on a black screen...or something more elaborate, like making it look like their in a chatroom or blog of some sort.

It's a good idea, definitely. Is that a possible direction you were thinking of taking it, or that it could be taken in, Geo4Christ?

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

Thanks, FireRock, in re-reading this, I see how it would almost have to be more than one person. Or, at least one person in the flesh, and a few others asking God questions, like in a chat room, (you would just have to add a user name to each, and add them to the screen, Geo.) But, if you like my idea, preacher man, then these suggestions might help.

Make it easy for me to make transitions from one character to another.

I can't give anymore. I have a life too, I need this money.

(The preacher says the church is about to go under, if we don't raise enough money, but, I just can't give any more. I have a life too, I need this money.)

"Give and it will be given to you" (Luke 6:38).

Forgive them? You've got be kidding - you obviously don't know what they did, they don’t deserve my forgiveness.

(You've got to be kidding- you obviously don't know what they did, why should I help them?)

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.Mark 11:25

But I have too much to worry about right now. You'd worry too if you knew the difficulties I face. The grades I have to keep up, the friends I have to keep impressing, there’s too much pressure.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Peace? With my neighbor? Have you ever met him? You don’t know him, he scares me.

.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:39

This is crazy. That's not how this world works anymore, I have what it takes to go right to the top and I don't care who I have to step on to get there. The ones who see me as a jerk are just jealous and they don’t count anyway. That's just how you have to think to make it in today's world.

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Matthew 20:27

Just out of curiosity, have you been to Goody Burger, have you met my boss? If he's a servant, then I'm a donkey. All he ever does is yell at us. Man, I hate him. But, anybody would get angry with someone like that, he’s a jerk! There’s a reason why he has no friends, just look at him!

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9

What You're saying just doesn't make sense. I can’t do this anymore, It’s just to hard too understand

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

I'm not such a bad guy. I’m a leader in my church, I put money in the offering plate every week, I even helped that old lady across the street the other day.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Then what do I do? I try and try to do everything I’m supposed to but it’s not enough. My life still isn’t like it’s supposed to be. I still feel this emptiness like there is something missing but I don’t know what it is. I still go home everyday and ask myself why I’m here. What am I doing? Do I have a purpose? Why is everything I do wrong? You tell me. What should I be looking for?

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.John 14:6

Upvote 0