Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm worried sick & feel like I'm starting to fight a bout of depression. Given the recent events on the murder/suicide in the family I'm worried about my SIL who I have wrote about before.

She suffered a breakdown & her soon to be ex-husband has threatened suicide (before she asked for divorce in the past).

I can't stop thinking about it. It keeps crossing my mind. My sleep is screwed up.

Please pray for them & my peace. I don't know how much longer I can deal with these obsessive fears & thoughts.

Thank you.

Michie

Reactions: Feisty_Angel

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I pray The Lord helps you and your family in need. I pray everything turns out ok and you're able to sleep better. God Bless you.:crossrc:
Thanks Josh. Sleep deprivation on top of everything else really makes you lose your peace! :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You and your family have my prayers.

Consider, if you haven't yet, Seeing your Doctor. Anti-depressants may well be over-prescribed, but they are a God send for some. I'm a better person with Lexapro than I am without.
I was on prozac for a time along with some other meds that did not work well for me. The prozac got in back in order. I'm hoping this is just stress but it is getting to me.

I'm going to give it some time. But I do appreciate the prayers.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I'm not mistaken, Prozac has more side effects and is sometimes less effective than some of the newer drugs. Your milage may vary, but it's worth inquiring about if you haven't recently. I know it works different for everyone, but Lexapro truncated my anxiety without changing anything else. Years ago I tried Zoloft, that wasn't good for me, I noticed a real change in my (awesome) personality from it.

At any rate, I'm sorry. I'll offer a decade of the rosary for your intentions right now.

Upvote 0

EmilyF

Vroom...
May 8, 2008
Columbus, OH
✟8,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you Michie. Please consider seeing your doctor. There are so many new, safer and more effective drugs on the market. I'm on Lexapro and there's a huge difference than anything else I've tried.

When I can't sleep because of disturbing things like this, I pray for others. Not to sound holier than thou, but I find it works some. As I am doing so, I imagine them walking beside me. Each new person I pray for joins the group as we walk along. It's so peaceful.

When things are really bad, like what you're going through, I purposefully pray the "smaller" prayers at those times. I have ADHD on top of the depression and it is somehow easier and more effective.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Do you see a therapist at all, Michie? Sometimes it is good to have someone to talk to who can offer you the tools to deal with such difficult situations. You sound like you are carrying the world on your shoulders, but you don't have to carry it alone. :) We here will offer what we can for you. <3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Michie, I love you so. And am praying for you and your family. Snuggle with Miloand a couple of the others and remember we are all here for you. I am praying for your peace of mind and heart. &#9829; &#9829;

In the meantime, perhaps your doctor may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep. Proper rest and nutrition will help some with all your dealing with. *HUGE HUGS*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
FayObserver.com - Airmen to walk 800 miles in memorial march for fallen from Bragg

I know the circumstances are different, but the men spoken of are still dealing with a sense of loss. Perhaps something similar could benefit you, as well? I believe you like to garden; maybe plant a bed of flowers in your loved one's memory, perhaps even invite others who may be hurting to get involved... My heart goes out to you and yours.

Upvote 0