Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
first off Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a great day.

I’m struggling with something and have been so for most of the past week. The other evening when I was sitting at home, doing work online, I was thinking about the situation and getting overly aggravated and frustrated with what is going on. But, out of nowhere I felt this deep peace come upon me and it was like god was telling me to relax and that he has everything under control and that peace stayed with me for a few hours that night til I fell asleep

A couple days afterwards, I woke up very early in the morning and again was questioning and doubting that things would work out and again, I was filled with peace telling me to continue to be patient and wait but.... it’s Hard!!! To me where I am now, it doesn’t seem like god is working in the situation. Last night, was also difficult which made me question those 2 times I received the peace. Makes me think if it’s really from God, then why does it seem like nothing is moving in the right direction. Why does it seem like things are getting worse instead of better.

Today out of any other day in the year, I would like to be at peace but I’m not. Only feeling turmoil on the inside and I just can’t shake it this time.

I’m asking prayer for peace, direction and some answers. I would like today to go better then yesterday and just for things to fall in place.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
first off Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a great day.

I’m struggling with something and have been so for most of the past week. The other evening when I was sitting at home, doing work online, I was thinking about the situation and getting overly aggravated and frustrated with what is going on. But, out of nowhere I felt this deep peace come upon me and it was like god was telling me to relax and that he has everything under control and that peace stayed with me for a few hours that night til I fell asleep

A couple days afterwards, I woke up very early in the morning and again was questioning and doubting that things would work out and again, I was filled with peace telling me to continue to be patient and wait but.... it’s Hard!!! To me where I am now, it doesn’t seem like god is working in the situation. Last night, was also difficult which made me question those 2 times I received the peace. Makes me think if it’s really from God, then why does it seem like nothing is moving in the right direction. Why does it seem like things are getting worse instead of better.

Today out of any other day in the year, I would like to be at peace but I’m not. Only feeling turmoil on the inside and I just can’t shake it this time.

I’m asking prayer for peace, direction and some answers. I would like today to go better then yesterday and just for things to fall in place.
I pray that on this day and going forward that you find the peace of our Lord, and that He guides you I need the direction that He would have you go.

Merry Christmas!

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, may this one learn through all this that there is something greater than feeling peace. We may have and feel peace from You, and then again we may have and feel peace that isn't from You. May we discern the difference, and enjoy the former and eschew the latter. May we not be just trusting or going by our feelings, but may we be in obedience to Your Word, living to please You, whether we currently are feeling peace or not. That "peace that passes all understanding" (Philippians 4:7), may we not DEMAND it be ours, but may we recognize how to pursue it, and when it is ours. May we not make "peace" our ultimate objective in this life, but obedience to Your perfect will, with or without peace.
To Your glory, putting You first, not ourselves. Amen.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Father, may this one learn through all this that there is something greater than feeling peace. We may have and feel peace from You, and then again we may have and feel peace that isn't from You. May we discern the difference, and enjoy the former and eschew the latter. May we not be just trusting or going by our feelings, but may we be in obedience to Your Word, living to please You, whether we currently are feeling peace or not. That "peace that passes all understanding" (Philippians 4:7), may we not DEMAND it be ours, but may we recognize how to pursue it, and when it is ours. May we not make "peace" our ultimate objective in this life, but obedience to Your perfect will, with or without peace.
To Your glory, putting You first, not ourselves. Amen.

In the past, I’ve mostly gotten peace from God, 99.9% of the time. Only 1 time, I had gotten this peace from something another Christian told me but it was a different type of peace, felt different and strange and I questioned what he said and what I felt and was still feeling and later on, I prayed about it and that strange peace left and what took its place was the same peace I had always known and that’s the only peace I continue getting now. The one I truly kno w. That experience with the “fake” peace happened about 14 years ago and I’ve never experienced it again.

Upvote 0