Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear ya! I need friends too. Why is it so much more difficult to make friends the older you get?

Yeah, good point. I think most people are so busy with their own lives, they have enough with their families, jobs, and friends they might have made before or after they got settled down. Making new friends isn't a huge need they need to fill up anymore, or they might feel it will be too time-consuming.

If you want to write with me too, feel free doing so too. :)

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi. Can I be your friend. I know what its like to be lonely and sad. I am 36 and I live with my parents. My family doesn't go to church any more. Mainly because my dad is angry with hypocritical Republican Baptists, he says they do not act like Christians, they are mean, nasty and hateful, acting more like the Devil's servants and than like God's servants. My mom sleeps late, not just on Sundays but every day. I can't drive, can't get to the church. I'd like to go to a Methodist church.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once I got married and now having a little one, I just find it harder to even have girl time. My gal friends who are single understandably have withdrawn from me a bit. I just get a bit lonely when the hubby works thirds. Im sure when the little one is born I won't feel so alone, but yeh...it is harder to make friends the older you get and maintain close friendships with the different seasons of life. I like online communities like this though. :D I actually am not on as much anymore, but I know CF is always here and all the awesome people. :) My church is awesome too...just hanging out as a night owl is pretty hard when there are so many young families. Now Im going to be a mother too! So yeh. Love yall online buddy bud buds.

Reactions: writewords
Upvote 0

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Once I got married and now having a little one, I just find it harder to even have girl time. My gal friends who are single understandably have withdrawn from me a bit. I just get a bit lonely when the hubby works thirds. Im sure when the little one is born I won't feel so alone, but yeh...it is harder to make friends the older you get and maintain close friendships with the different seasons of life. I like online communities like this though. :D I actually am not on as much anymore, but I know CF is always here and all the awesome people. :) My church is awesome too...just hanging out as a night owl is pretty hard when there are so many young families. Now Im going to be a mother too! So yeh. Love yall online buddy bud buds.

It does get harder as one ages. It gets harder making time for the spouse too. As it is, the Mrs. and I are having to stay up later to spend time together, but 2 little guys wear us out. Staying up can be really hard.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I Have a higher education, but I'm not getting to use it. Still working at a job that is and has been hard on me physically and psychology. Not complaining, I'm just so tired. I'm spread thin and it's keeping me from getting regular and meaningful devotions. I really need friends. I feel less than what I'm supposedtosupposed be.
I'm lonely for friends too but like the others said."We're all virtual friends right?":wave:
This is a good place to be
Blessings
Ronit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 31, 2017
DFW
✟8,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I understand the trouble making friends, I am moving to the USA soon and im really not looking forward to trying to meet new people. My husband is quite shy and dosent have many friends, those that he does have are either single or their wives are lets just say my sort of people.

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been trying to get this skype thing going all day, it might work tomorrow it's.. complicated, but if I can get it to work you should add me and we should skype. Sounds like you need a real face to face conversation with someone. Ive been getting to know HiddeninHim pretty well in pm and she's great fun maybe all three of us could start doing google hangouts or something. Like... I've been at that place where there's no real way to go out and make "real" friends so to speak? But when your online friends go from text in a box to people you just sit and actually talk to kinda regularly, they become REAL friends. Starts to feel like your little cyber gang or something hahaha But yeah I'd be down to skype just gotta get my techy stuff figured out.

Upvote 0

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Oh and feel free to add me on FB I'm Chris Fewell, my pic is of me and my wife with shades on. ANd that goes for anyone, my door is always open.

Cool. Pretty sure I have Skype.

Reactions: Symph
Upvote 0