I need friends.

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I Have a higher education, but I'm not getting to use it. Still working at a job that is and has been hard on me physically and psychology. Not complaining, I'm just so tired. I'm spread thin and it's keeping me from getting regular and meaningful devotions. I really need friends. I feel less than what I'm supposedtosupposed be.

Last edited:

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But I'm not. Have a higher education, but I'm not getting to use it. Still working at a job that is and has been hard on me physically and psychology. Not complaining, I'm just so tired. I'm spread thin and it's keeping me from getting regular and meaningful devotions. I really need friends. I feel less than what I'm supposedtosupposed be.

We are your virtual friends on CF.

Relax. Watch YouTube or listening music. Walking on the city park.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the above. We all are definitely virtual friends-- well, I'm not a robot so just consider me a friend.
I'm sorry to hear about your stress regarding the job you have.

PM if ever needed. Sending prayers.

Upvote 0

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with the above. We all are definitely virtual friends-- well, I'm not a robot so just consider me a friend.
I'm sorry to hear about your stress regarding the job you have.

PM if ever needed. Sending prayers.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is difficult when you do not have time for making friends. Would you be able to join a local group at church with the same interests as you? (small group). Or perhaps search online for a local group (meetup)? I do agree that you do have a wide net of virtual friends, but human interaction should not be discounted =)

Upvote 0

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican

Okay. we are all virtual friends. Would you be willing

Okay. We are all virtual friends. Would you be willing to message me and tell me about yourself a little bit? I see you are Messianic, and I have wanted a Messianic friend. I am Southern Baptist and I know the culture is quite different. I fry to follow Jews for Jesus when I am on FB and have actually messaged their website and downloaded a witnessing guide.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like others have said, we can be online friends. :)

I've met some of the folks I'm closest to online...even married one of them.

I understand about being in a job that you feel is a dead end, or not where you saw yourself being. I was stuck in retail for 17 years, until the store I was managing closed down a few months ago...working on starting my own business and working for myself now...that's always been my dream, to be my own boss...so keep pursuing your dream!

Upvote 0

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Like others have said, we can be online friends. :)

I've met some of the folks I'm closest to online...even married one of them.

I understand about being in a job that you feel is a dead end, or not where you saw yourself being. I was stuck in retail for 17 years, until the store I was managing closed down a few months ago...working on starting my own business and working for myself now...that's always been my dream, to be my own boss...so keep pursuing your dream!

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find this thread inspiring to me right now. I have often thought I have been feeling so lonely since I too don't have any physical friends being with, I know it can be tough at times. Although now I am thinking I should instead think of my online friends and other people I meet online as friends too, as well as focusing more on doing what is needed from me, and things which I enjoy doing, and spend more time and focus with my growth in Jesus Christ. This way a day will get greatly filled up!

Interaction with other people physically is nice too, I do talk with or greet people I meet outside during my walks, and can visit two older ladies for a nice conversation. So I should really start focusing more this way and then I won't think too much about feeling lonely. As the others have suggested in here for you too, it helps when you try looking at it from a positive side too. Although I also completely understand how "lonely" it can also feel sometimes, we can also "pray" for God to lead us or lead others who we can become good friends with too! :)

God bless you, and keep on holding to the joy in Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I find this thread inspiring to me right now. I have often thought I have been feeling so lonely since I too don't have any physical friends being with, I know it can be tough at times. Although now I am thinking I should instead think of my online friends and other people I meet online as friends too, as well as focusing more on doing what is needed from me, and things which I enjoy doing, and spend more time and focus with my growth in Jesus Christ. This way a day will get greatly filled up!

Interaction with other people physically is nice too, I do talk with or greet people I meet outside during my walks, and can visit two older ladies for a nice conversation. So I should really start focusing more this way and then I won't think too much about feeling lonely. As the others have suggested in here for you too, it helps when you try looking at it from a positive side too. Although I also completely understand how "lonely" it can also feel sometimes, we can also "pray" for God to lead us or lead others who we can become good friends with too! :)

God bless you, and keep on holding to the joy in Christ Jesus!

Hey! I saw that you are in the Netherlands! Awesome! I have been trying to learn German, but I have also been looking at some Dutch too. Have some German Bibles on kindle, and also downloaded a sample of a Dutch Bible.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey! I saw that you are in the Netherlands! Awesome! I have been trying to learn German, but I have also been looking at some Dutch too. Have some German Bibles on kindle, and also downloaded a sample of a Dutch Bible.

Yes, I am in The Netherlands. But I am not dutch, I live here because I married a dutch man. ;) I am originally from Norway. But I do have learned dutch, I am not perfect with this language, though I may try helping if I can. Or I will also ask my husband. :)

What is the interest which drew you towards dutch? Is it because you think it seemes similiar to german? Or what? And why do you want to learn these languages?

Upvote 0

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I am in The Netherlands. But I am not dutch, I live here because I married a dutch man. ;) I am originally from Norway. But I do have learned dutch, I am not perfect with this language, though I may try helping if I can. Or I will also ask my husband. :)

What is the interest which drew you towards dutch? Is it because you think it seemes similiar to german? Or what? And why do you want to learn these languages?

Well...
I first wanted to learn German in preparation for a doctorate, then I keep meeting people from Germany. Lastly, I am of German descent. I also really like to study and learn. Yes, Dutch is Germanic, in fact, kind of in between German and English. I just figured that would be fun.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...
I first wanted to learn German in preparation for a doctorate, then I keep meeting people from Germany. Lastly, I am of German descent. I also really like to study and learn. Yes, Dutch is Germanic, in fact, kind of in between German and English. I just figured that would be fun.

Blessings

I sure have heard that dutch is a easy language for native english speaking people. I don't think it was difficult to learn it, even though I don't practice it as much as I maybe should have. I find it really annoying that a lot of dutch people sees dutch as such a difficult language for all foreigners. It might be difficult for people who speak arabic or who comes from Asia e.t.c... But it isn't as difficult for countries which comes from the germanic branches of language, there is also some latin in the dutch language too, so it is quite a mixture, one can say. In norwegian there are many words that are the same as in dutch, it is mostly the pronunciation as well as written form which may be a bit different, but the word in it's self has the same meaning. This is something I notice and when I have mentioned this for some dutchies they haven't believed in it because they are taught dutch is such a "difficult" language, so they think this goes for most foreigners.

Of course, not all people have a language ear, and there are people who find it really hard learning a new language. Though I think more in general, looking at how the language is put together in a whole perspective, noticing similiarities as well as differences. I think people can act kind of arrogant or ignorant when they still don't want to believe in you thinking dutch is a easy language to learn. I am aware of that my dutch isn't perfect, but I still found it easy to learn, as well as I can understand it and read it fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

writewords

Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, when learns parent languages, it becomes a lot easier. I really like the Lord's prayer in old English and old Norse. It's hard to understand some of it, but there are similarities between the 2 dialects. I appreciate your input.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, when learns parent languages, it becomes a lot easier. I really like the Lord's prayer in old English and old Norse. It's hard to understand some of it, but there are similarities between the 2 dialects. I appreciate your input.

Just googled it. If you mean really really far back in time then there sure seemes to be a lot of similiarity.

You are welcome. :) Have a great day in Him! God bless you today!

• Friendly
Reactions: writewords
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Have a higher education, but I'm not getting to use it. Still working at a job that is and has been hard on me physically and psychology. Not complaining, I'm just so tired. I'm spread thin and it's keeping me from getting regular and meaningful devotions. I really need friends. I feel less than what I'm supposedtosupposed be.

You and tonnes of folks in our thirties. I also have a degree, and run a cash register. That's literally all I know how to do at this point. I finally had to be ok with that. I'm never going to be a doctor or lawyer. Or even a school teacher. It's nothing to be ashamed of, man. It's ok to have a small job, if we do it with all our hearts.

Upvote 0

SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Friends ARE few and far between...Friend is with a Capital "F"...friend is a General-Term people use,when what they really should say is "Acquaintance"! (A bit like most People's "friends" on Facebook... Mostly.I guess ,in my own Experience,most if not all of my "friends" at any given-time,in the Past,were all Acquaintances(if they had been True-Friends,why did I pretend i didn't hear them cracking jokes about me indirectly) A Friend will appear to be your Friend,even if the Reality is that you are merely a "stop-gap", boredom-killing effort on their part,when all they are is an Acquaintance...(yeah, it's Horrible! But, it's the Truth as i perceive it now,with hindsight) If i ever had any Friends,well,i wasn't aware of it at the time

Upvote 0