Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey :hug: :hug:

Im sorry youre going through this right now. I cant say that I know what its like to come
from a muslim family houshold,

Keep praying and pray for youre family as well, I know how it is to feel completly lost and scared. Even if you lose youre home, keep the faith God will provide for you.

Use what youre feeling now and these trials to get close to God and grow into a stronger relationship, I promise everything will be ok, cant say it will be easy as I could be lying but it will be ok in the hands of God our Father.

I will keep you in my prayers:groupray:

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK, this is clearly serious stuff; as a Coptic Orthodox Christian I know how tough it is to want to convert in the Middle East; Islam will regard you as an apostate - and that is trouble - potentially big time.

You need to be able to talk to someone; is there anyone - a relative, a near by Christian, or even a priest?

I'm not clear how old you are, but if you are still a minor then you are in the guardianship of your parents; as a Muslim or a Christian you owe them respect - which includes trying to talk with them if you can.

There is probably no point, from the sound of it going in and saying you have definitely decided to be a Christian; better to confess to doubts about Islam. That will be bad for your parents - but not as bad as your saying you want to leave Islam. That way, with luck, they will be willing to talk to you about what has led you to have doubts about Islam. If you come right out and say you have decided to leave Islam it leaves your parents with no place to go; they will just get harsh and tell you what to do. If you say you want to talk, that gives them a chance to try to help.

Converting from Islam is a crime in most Muslim countries, so you have to be very careful here. Unless you can get some help you are going to find yourself isolated; you are certainly going to find yourself under a good deal of pressure. Be prepared to talk to your parents - you owe it to them.

Don't be disrespectful of Islam; it is the religion of your parents, and to disrespect it is to disrespect them; that is against the Ten Commandments. Honour your father and mother. Try talking without taking up an extreme position; leave your parents some room for hoping they can talk you back into Islam. But see, as part of the process, if they would let you talk with a priest as well as an Imam.

Pray to God; try to keep calm; don't get angry with your parents, don't be disrespectful. Tell them you are having doubts and need to talk about them; that way you start a process - not an argument.

You are in my prayers.

Bless you,

Anglian

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
OK, this is clearly serious stuff; as a Coptic Orthodox Christian I know how tough it is to want to convert in the Middle East; Islam will regard you as an apostate - and that is trouble - potentially big time.

You need to be able to talk to someone; is there anyone - a relative, a near by Christian, or even a priest?

I'm not clear how old you are, but if you are still a minor then you are in the guardianship of your parents; as a Muslim or a Christian you owe them respect - which includes trying to talk with them if you can.

There is probably no point, from the sound of it going in and saying you have definitely decided to be a Christian; better to confess to doubts about Islam. That will be bad for your parents - but not as bad as your saying you want to leave Islam. That way, with luck, they will be willing to talk to you about what has led you to have doubts about Islam. If you come right out and say you have decided to leave Islam it leaves your parents with no place to go; they will just get harsh and tell you what to do. If you say you want to talk, that gives them a chance to try to help.

Converting from Islam is a crime in most Muslim countries, so you have to be very careful here. Unless you can get some help you are going to find yourself isolated; you are certainly going to find yourself under a good deal of pressure. Be prepared to talk to your parents - you owe it to them.

Don't be disrespectful of Islam; it is the religion of your parents, and to disrespect it is to disrespect them; that is against the Ten Commandments. Honour your father and mother. Try talking without taking up an extreme position; leave your parents some room for hoping they can talk you back into Islam. But see, as part of the process, if they would let you talk with a priest as well as an Imam.

Pray to God; try to keep calm; don't get angry with your parents, don't be disrespectful. Tell them you are having doubts and need to talk about them; that way you start a process - not an argument.

You are in my prayers.

Bless you,

Anglian
I agree, I am praying for you and ask that you please be careful if you would like I can place you on the prayer list and send it to the other CFprayerteam members here and everything. If you would like me too please post it here or if your in the middle of talking to someone please ask them to PM me for you (since you have to have 100 post before recieving PMs I believe)

God Bless you and I pray that he protects you

Godslilgurlalways:)

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

You are in my prayers.

Bless you,

Anglian
I agree, I am praying for you and ask that you please be careful if you would like I can place you on the prayer list and send it to the other CFprayerteam members here and everything. If you would like me too please post it here or if your in the middle of talking to someone please ask them to PM me for you (since you have to have 100 post before recieving PMs I believe)

God Bless you and I pray that he protects you

Godslilgurlalways:)

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if there is anyone here that possibly went through that, I really wish I knew someone who could talk to you about it, is they like a disrect group around where you live that could help you, right now I wish I could go there and pick you up and bring you to American.

Here is a song that has comforted me maybe you will like it, most people who listen to it love it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jWAtG4-4S34

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godslilgurlalways

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if there is anyone here that possibly went through that, I really wish I knew someone who could talk to you about it, is they like a disrect group around where you live that could help you, right now I wish I could go there and pick you up and bring you to American.

Here is a song that has comforted me maybe you will like it, most people who listen to it love it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jWAtG4-4S34

Upvote 0

cory533

Mar 22, 2007
seattle ish
✟8,991.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you know of any of the "muslims of the heart" If you have any near you some of them are accepted in muslim comunity but they pray to Jesus the son of Mary many may not be what some would call Christian but they are closer. They pray to Jesus because their prayers are answered.

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
am praying for you

you should put this in for prayer requests also.

I don't know how serious they are about religion, but hopefully they can give you some slack. Maybe you can express your faith to them in a way that is more of showing them your walk and changed life and not in a war of words, like being more helpful to them, be a hardworker, and I would also help with expenses around the house too, if you are chipping in with rent and food (I would say about 25 % of your income to help your parents), they may appreciate that a lot as you are getting older, and maybe they will back off about religion differences and see you are changing into a good person in this subtle way. be a hardworker, and put them in for prayers

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thx guyz,
I dunno wot to do, I am scared to even say that I have doubts over Islam to them. Today they my mother told me I have to read Quran with my cleric...I think I have to do wot they told me to, I am not sure wot else to do...I told God to control my life...If they kick me out, my Heavenly Father will take care of me. Today they also threaten me to kick me out

Dear Erfan,

Our prayers are with you; but you also need immediate advice to go with them.

Go along with what your parents say for now; honour your father and your mother. You do not agree with them on religious matters, and in your country that is a dangerous place to be. As you have no one to smuggle you in a basket outside the walls so you can escape like St. Paul, you are called to patience and wisdom here instead.

If God is in your heart you will come to no harm learning more about the Quran; indeed, in later life you may find that the Lord wanted you to know about it so you can do some work He has in store for you. So go with the flow on this one; if it is His will that you come to Him, it will be granted. But don't try to rush the process. Learn all you can about the tradition into which you have been born - but keep the Lord Jesus in your heart.

The time will come when you are of an age, and in a position, to make your own mind up and do what it is you are called to. But for now, it seems sensible not to anger your parents. Remember, from their point of view, you are putting yourself in peril by not believing as they do, so they see themselves as trying to help you. Accept that, work with your cleric, learn all you can about Islam - and then see what the Lord has for you to do.

In peace and prayer,

Anglian:hug:

Reactions: fitmom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bless you Brother--- may your spirit be strengthened through His Holy Spirit :hug: I can't imagine what all of this must feel like, but know that you are being surrounded by God's love and your fellow Brothers and Sisters here in prayer.

May He protect you and provide you with Christians who can help you in this situation. Bless your heart always :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Erfan. I'm very happy to hear that you have found faith in Jesus Christ. :) That is the single most important thing in your life, cause you will live forever if you confess Jesus as Lord.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have gotten problems with your parents because of it. As Anglian has said, Christianity tells us to honor our father and mother. You should do so.

At the same time, be aware that in many Muslim countries and Muslim families, people who leave Islam are either murdered/imprisoned by the auhtorities, or murdered by family/relatives, because it's a disgrace against Islam and Allah to leave Islam.

Choosing to confess Jesus Christ may lead you to a situation where you will either have to reconvert to Islam - or die (if you stay Christian). Many thousands of converts from Islam are murdered every year because of that... But don't despair, trust in God. I'm so happy that you have put your trust in the Allmighty Father already, and I am sure that He will lead you to whatever end He has in mind, be it safety as a new believer, or paradise.

I will pray for you brother, that you don't lose faith in Jesus Christ, whatever happens, and that the Lord will carry you through this.

(do you speak Arabic?)

I can direct you to other converts from Islam if you'd like, including on this forum.

in Christ
Disippelen :)

Upvote 0