Erfan777

deleted123
Jul 23, 2007
✟8,208.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dunno arabic much, all I know about arabic is to read it, dunno much meaning about it.
I actually got into myself a church in here :), and I made some Christian friends.
I hoping to tell them about my change after I graduate from school which is next year on June. But maybe I will be forced to tell them very soon, I just dunno. I dunno exactly how God is gonna use me here, but I think maybe some extreme measures would be taken.

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Erfan,

Good to hear from you - and that you have found some fellowship and a Church. Our prayers remain with you. Disippelen's post and its warning remains relevant, so please take care. You are in our thoughts and our prayers.

In Christ,

Anglian

Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Erfan. This is a site which may be of interest to you:

www.cmaa.us

It's a site that helps Muslims to know more about Christ, as well as helping former Muslims who have attained the Christian faith. It is the American branch of a Norwegian organization (www.kaba.as)

in Christ,

Disippelen :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was wondering if there is anyone here that possibly went through that, I really wish I knew someone who could talk to you about it, is they like a disrect group around where you live that could help you, right now I wish I could go there and pick you up and bring you to American.
Cute, cute, but Christian martyrs in russia and china and other countries don't want to come to america - too much fake they say.
Two famous, or infamous, christians who got kicked out of their group were martin luther and charles chiniquoy; both of whom their group tried desperately to silence. (and still try desperately to discredit)

Upvote 0

Erfan777

deleted123
Jul 23, 2007
✟8,208.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am currently doing my International Baccalaurate, next year I give my exam and my aim is to get higher than 34 points.
I already decided to apply in U.K universities among them are: Imperial, UCL, Bath...
My mother, who I think have some idea that a change has come through me and that she no longer saw me pray, told me indirectly once that I may live with the family untill I finish IB, after I have to look for my own life and that they may give me some financial help and thats it.

So, I may not have a problem in going somewhere where I might be safe, but what I really want is for my family to see the Truth and believe and act upon it.

I already began to feel like I am gonna loose much more things: friends, family, those who used to care about me. And sometimes I can't control myself but just cry, like a child maybe, it gets difficult to control my emotions.

Today in my school, when I was about to leave for home a guy just jokingly said that, if I leave who are they gonna make fun off? And then, one of my Muslim friend who know that I have changed and is trying to get me back in that old path, said: " Yes, the old Erfan" and I couldn't control my emotions at that time. I went home with silent tears. I want my friends, family and everyone who take care of me to believe and follow the Truth.

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Erfan,

Good to hear from you again. Just continue to be patient. If you want your family to see the Truth, they will want the same for you - but their Truth is different; so there will be conflict. Now is not the time for such a thing in your life.

Remember, Our Lord warned that when we took up our cross with Him we would lose some things; but we would gain much more that was really worth it.

If your friends are real friends they will come round in the end; if not, then it will be sad for you to lose them; but it would have happened in the end anyway.

Concentrate on getting the IB grades that will allow you to come to the UK. When you are here you will be able to make Christian contacts who will help you further. Keep your eyes on that - and on Christ.

In peace,

Anglian

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2008
Kentucky
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was awed at this story. It seems so childish of me to find it so hard to be a proper Christian because of things that are stupid, yet I live in an area that is mostly Christian. To see that someone out there would still risk so much and be faced with such harsh consequences is awe inspiring to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gabriel ali

Christian convert (former muslim)
Aug 5, 2008
United Kingdom
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hello Erfan, i too have converted from islam and i can understand some of what you must be going through. When me and my sister declared our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, we became outcasts in the predominantly bengali/pakistani muslim community we used to live in, all our childhood friends turned against us, i've been slaped, spat on and worsed of all my mother and my uncles eventually disowned us and if i had to go through it all again i would do it gladly for Christ. Please stay strong and may Christ keep you safe. You are in my prayers

God bless

Upvote 0

AJMJ120

Aug 11, 2008
Canada
✟15,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
You know, I read through this, and it reminded me of how easy my life seems to others. I had thought that I have it difficult, but to be a Christian convert in that area of the world, I can't imagine what it must be like...

I pray that though the path that you walk is narrow, you will find peace in Jesus Christ. Stay strong.

Isaiah 41:10: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I'll pray for you that God will guide you through this hard time.

Upvote 0

cory533

Mar 22, 2007
seattle ish
✟8,991.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stand up for yourself. Your parents are supposed to love you unconditionally, No matter what you believe in. make them aware of this fact. If they can't do this then they are bad parents. If it ultimately comes down to you being kicked out, be prepared and find a close friend to stay with or other relatives who accept you for who you are and do not judge you souly on what your beliefs are. Don't back down or give in. Put your happiness before all others.

First I recomend putting God above your own happiness. beyound that the Idea that a parent should love their child unconditionaly is not a universaly accepted ideal and in some countries can get oneself killed. parents in many cultures are responcible for the actions of their children sometimes to the point of their lives being forfeight for the actions of their child. and even more common is the idea that it is better to kill your own child than allow them to disgrace your family. I beleive this last is the situation descibed in the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Erfan777

deleted123
Jul 23, 2007
✟8,208.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is very wonderful to hear so many encouraging words. I am okay at the moment I guess, but I may not be surprised if any unexpected situation comes. First of all I thank God for help me out during bad situation, where if it was not for Him, I probably would not be writing this message now. I kinda had a deal with my parents: my parents told me I would live with them until next year when I finish my IB course in High school, then I have to look for my own life. I accepted it, although there were times when they tried to scare me by saying "Do you think you can support yourself alone" or "Where would you be able to go and do you think its so easy?". Which in a way also makes me think. I really dunno wot will my futur be, its like I am moving forward and I dunno wot my destination will be. Sometimes, it makes me feel scared, cold and quite lonely and I just feel like punching the wall/crying. Sometimes, my situations makes me feel hatred towards all culture and religion (not God) and how easily it seem to ruin a person's life. Sometimes I feel like why don't God take me away from this wretched place? Sometimes I even feel like, am I doing the right thing, or am I being stupid and just ruining me and my family? Sometimes I even began to have doubt over God.

You see I could have just carry on doing doing stuff about my parents false religion and tell them I am okay with their religion although it would be a lie, and then I could have got a normal life, go to school, parents paying all kinds of expenses, could have even got a car, go to university where parents also paying the expenses, have a good job and then live my own life when I can support myself.
But no, I cannot lie, betray God and just surrender to the devil and make him triumphant. I chose the hard way I guess, wotever happens I cannot give up my faith in God, and my freedom. Even if it means to loose all kinds of supports from my parents and being left alone. I guess I still have hope...hope that somehow life may become normal to me again. I want to be free, no one affecting my freedom and to be in peace. Sometimes, I feel like instead of earthly parents, why doesn't God become my sole father and parent, so He is the one who can teach me various things and so I can grow up in His presence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Develop a stronger relationship with God. Let Him be your Father and His beloved Son be your Big Brother. They truly do love you and will take care of you like nobody else. You will never be a lone again. They are there with you in all circumstances. They will help you rise above your circumstances and take you places you would have never dreamed. Trust Them.. They are awesome.

Upvote 0

Athrond

May 7, 2007
✟8,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is very wonderful to hear so many encouraging words. I am okay at the moment I guess, but I may not be surprised if any unexpected situation comes. First of all I thank God for help me out during bad situation, where if it was not for Him, I probably would not be writing this message now. I kinda had a deal with my parents: my parents told me I would live with them until next year when I finish my IB course in High school, then I have to look for my own life. I accepted it, although there were times when they tried to scare me by saying "Do you think you can support yourself alone" or "Where would you be able to go and do you think its so easy?". Which in a way also makes me think. I really dunno wot will my futur be, its like I am moving forward and I dunno wot my destination will be. Sometimes, it makes me feel scared, cold and quite lonely and I just feel like punching the wall/crying. Sometimes, my situations makes me feel hatred towards all culture and religion (not God) and how easily it seem to ruin a person's life. Sometimes I feel like why don't God take me away from this wretched place? Sometimes I even feel like, am I doing the right thing, or am I being stupid and just ruining me and my family? Sometimes I even began to have doubt over God.

You see I could have just carry on doing doing stuff about my parents false religion and tell them I am okay with their religion although it would be a lie, and then I could have got a normal life, go to school, parents paying all kinds of expenses, could have even got a car, go to university where parents also paying the expenses, have a good job and then live my own life when I can support myself.
But no, I cannot lie, betray God and just surrender to the devil and make him triumphant. I chose the hard way I guess, wotever happens I cannot give up my faith in God, and my freedom. Even if it means to loose all kinds of supports from my parents and being left alone. I guess I still have hope...hope that somehow life may become normal to me again. I want to be free, no one affecting my freedom and to be in peace. Sometimes, I feel like instead of earthly parents, why doesn't God become my sole father and parent, so He is the one who can teach me various things and so I can grow up in His presence.

Hi Erfan777!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation!

Think maybe you need some practical advice too so I'll chip in. :)

I dunno how old you are, but getting into universities in another country can be hard if you are not supported by your parents (money-vise). So my advice is;

- Study HARD in the next year, and get good grades. This will help you because you may apply for scholarships to study in other countries (like my own Norway). Certainly it will help you get a job to support yourself, and may even impress your parents?

- Plan ahead what you will do, and what education/job you are aiming for. Inquire about scholarships and ways of getting to your goal whitout your parents help if necessary.

- Keep your faith. It's for YOU to deceide after all :)

As we say here in norway: "Du er din egen lykkes smed" or "You are the smith of your own happiness" !

And isn't there a saying that "God helps him that helps himself"?

:thumbsup:

Sincerely Trond

Reactions: sphsjags
Upvote 0

workman

Mar 16, 2004
California
✟1,240.00
Faith
Christian
Psalm 119:28

"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 25 NIV

Of David.:prayer:

1To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

3 No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.

4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;

5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long...

14 The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
free me from my anguish.

18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.

19 See how my enemies have increased
and how fiercely they hate me!

20 Guard my life and rescue me;
let me not be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.

21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you.

22 Redeem Israel, O God,
from all their troubles!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 32

Of David. A maskil.

1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.

3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.

4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Selah

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin.
Selah

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
while you may be found;
surely when the mighty waters rise,
they will not reach him.

7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him.

11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
sing, all you who are upright in heart!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 40

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods...

8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."

9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.

10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
may your love and your truth always protect me.

12 For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.

13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

14 May all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
be appalled at their own shame.

16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"

17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 59

For the director of music. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." Of David. A miktam . When Saul had sent men to watch David's house in order to kill him.

1 Deliver me from my enemies, O God;
protect me from those who rise up against me.
2 Deliver me from evildoers
and save me from bloodthirsty men.

3 See how they lie in wait for me!
Fierce men conspire against me
for no offense or sin of mine, O LORD.

4 I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me.
Arise to help me; look on my plight!

9 O my Strength, I watch for you;
you, O God, are my fortress,
10 my loving God.
God will go before me
and will let me gloat over those who slander me.

11 But do not kill them, O Lord our shield,
or my people will forget.
In your might make them wander about,
and bring them down.

12 For the sins of their mouths,
for the words of their lips,
let them be caught in their pride.
For the curses and lies they utter,

16 But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.

17 O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 5:11-12

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (New International Version)

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."

My thoughts and prayers are with you for your protection, for your courage, and for your progress in learning and understanding God's will for your life.

Upvote 0

workman

Mar 16, 2004
California
✟1,240.00
Faith
Christian
Deuteronomy 29:29

The secret things belong to the LORD our God,
but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever,
that we may follow all the words of this law

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deuteronomy 11:18

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads."

Romans 12:2 NIV

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—
his good, pleasing and perfect will

Psalm 119

9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 Samuel 22:31
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119

10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.

13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.

14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.

15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.

16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 19:13-14

Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proverbs 2

Moral Benefits of Wisdom

1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,

3 and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,

4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,

5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

9 Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.

10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.

11 Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you.

12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
from men whose words are perverse,

13 who leave the straight paths
to walk in dark ways,

14 who delight in doing wrong
and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,

15 whose paths are crooked
and who are devious in their ways.

16 It will save you also from the adulteress,
from the wayward wife with her seductive words,

17 who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God. [a]

18 For her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.

19 None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.

20 Thus you will walk in the ways of good men
and keep to the paths of the righteous.

21 For the upright will live in the land,
and the blameless will remain in it;

22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

Upvote 0