I may get kicked out of home

Oct 29, 2008
✟15,113.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
People who gain such hardship through accepting Christ should be seen as role models in my opinion.

It must be hard, to be disowned and even threatened for loving Christ.

Indeed, the ultimate role model is Christ!

remember, Christ became a refugee from an early age. He was persecuted almost from the day he was born. He and his family had to leave their own homeland.

What really, really frustrates me the most are people who claim to be religious/practicing Christians but who follow right-wing views (anti-immigration, racist/fascist attitude to other peoples).

I watched a documentary recently here in the UK about the Republican party (post Reagan/pre Bush) election campaigning, and my word I was so sickened to see the overt racism (use of the 'N' word). These people must be in line with the devil -seriously.

Did Christ teach racism? So why are these guys so racist???

It really does bother me that people use the name of Christ to spew hatred and poison. you can see their bloated faces (like pigs) and hollow eyes (they are devoid of love)... who are the true followers of Christ and who are not is easily discernable.

Unfortunately, this trend is becoming popular in some states. Christianity mixed with racism, hatred and nationalism.

I mean how vain?

Jesus was a white guy? He spoke American English? He hated black people? He hated "towel heads"? :sorry: (he wore one himself).

The truth is, that Jesus spoke Aramaic (a language connected to Arabic and Hebrew: Semitic languages). Jesus wore Middle Eastern attire. Jesus wore a beard.

Now, on his return, what are we expecting? A new clean shaven look? Levis jeans? Nike's? Baseball cap? Suit & tie?

People! Don't delude yourselves... love thy neighbour. Quit the hatred of all other races. Why? What's with all the poison?

Stop the ignorance.

Together :groupray: ...

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
✟15,113.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
OK, this is clearly serious stuff; as a Coptic Orthodox Christian I know how tough it is to want to convert in the Middle East; Islam will regard you as an apostate -

Anglian

Indeed, they will regard him or her as an apostate but the truth is ...are they correct even within their own religion?

They are wrong!!! even according to their own scriptures.

Yes, it is worth noting that an apostate according to Islamic law is one who threatens the security of the community. This is called an act of treason.

The fact that many followers of this faith in the past had rejected that path became 'estranged' from that path. They were not only seen as leaving that particular religion but also becoming traitors to their own people and community, hence the rule that it was an act of apostasy.

Unlike early Christianity, the rule here is that the person is seen as a threat to the larger community (committing an act of treason).

So, what we must first do is try to remember that an act of apostasy according to the Islam tradition is based on treason. These are the facts.

Please look this up. Do your own research. Come to your own conclusions

When encountering a situation such as the OP, it is better to interact in a way that will appeal to all. We are here to make sense of the situation, not antagonise and create more alienation, isolation and hatred.

So, the OP has decided to leave his former path? ... next, we don't jump on the family with legs and arms flying making animal shreiks like some kung fu star, we cut out the animal approach.:)

Talk sensibly, bring love into the action -think tender Jesus - not some Deep South Minister going red in the face about to explode, frothing at the mouth like a demoniac.

Talk about the situaution, why is the OP an apostate? Can they prove that he or she is a threat to the community? Challenge the view they hold that conversion from their faith is not an act of treason. (You will need to have picked up on a few commentaries/references for this).

How is this an act of treason? Talk to them... reason with them. Be peaceful, loving and honourable.

You see, what we have here are two parties, with the same uneducated, ignorant and illiterate view of a subject. What we are doing is joining in with the delusion when we agree with the parents and try to win the 'deal' by accusing them of being wrong. When in fact, what we should be proving is what they think is an act of apostasy is in fact wrong.

In other words ... they are not wrong, (this will just make them more annoyed - you are attacking them!) but their views are wrongly interpreted.

Be diplomatic!

This is wisdom. Not arrogance. The approach to such situautions requires a sound mind, knowledge of their fath, no haste, cool headedness, a calm and collected, loving approach.

That's why I say, quit the hate mongering authors such as Daniel Pipes and Robert Spencer ... you are only going to alienate, isolate and cause more conflict. As I said in my earlier thread, these guys are not worth it. They have their own ulterior motives. They are not interested in the life of Christ, but the state of Israel.

There are easier ways of dealing with such situations ... the long lost forgotten tradition of Jesus Christ. Believe me, one cannot lose!!! ;)

Upvote 0

Erfan777

deleted123
Jul 23, 2007
✟8,208.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
hi guyz,
I am alright at the moment, it feels great that so many of you are really caring about me. Things are calm at the momen with my family at home, although they are still going on being more religious to their islamic religion, but I stay away from such activities.

I have just applied to Canada for uni, and I am going to send my official documents there, its really hard to do all that, I have to do a heck of a research and then I have to courier them my documents which cost a lot...but I hope I will be able to get there in a good uni :). I am really occupied at the moment with my IB course, as it is my last year and in school days I sleep like 2 or 3 hours max at night...so, I am sorry for my late reply.

I just want to start a new life in Canada, and as I had a lot of drama with the muslims where I live...I feel like I want to begin a new life, in a new country and I want to stay away frm muslim pplz...really its what I feel like, I want erase islam out of me and my future..I want to think and be like I had never been a muslim and I have and will have nothing to do with that religion. I had enough of it and I am exhausted, which is also why I sorta gave up trying to understand my parents about Christ and to other muslim friends, as there will be debates, arguments, a lot of things to do and even some nasty things maybe...and I am too tired for that, I just want to have a normal life now.

I am feeling lonely and void at the moment, cause I don't have much of a friend. I hate to be alone and without friends, and I hope God would do something about that. In school, ppl are not much of a friend to me, I thought of joining a group of people in my school who hangs with each other. Most of them are muslim, but they are not religious, their religion is more like a culture or something that they have to be born with. And, yes they drink, smoke, take drugs, party...you name it, but I wanted to have friends so badly that I thought of joining them, which I am doing atm, but some of them are not nice to me ( some of them called me a 'Jew' because they know that I know people frm Israel) and acts as if I am just an extra person.

I dunno what to talk about my parents...they cry for me, they tell me how painful its for them...but what can I do? I think like, if they accept who I am, then fine I may try to live with them as much as I can, but I don't think that would be possible, whereas I had to think like I have to leave them for good once I get to Canada, which is a heck lot a painful for me. I just hope them know and accept Yeshua.

I took up smoking, like 6 months ago because I took it as a tool to ease some pains in my heart, as I was really suicidical 6 months ago ( its to do with my converting). I am trying to give it up. There is so much pain, worries and anxiety that I feel like I need something to let me forget about this miserable world.

So, yuh the latest news about me :), dunno what will be the future. Thank you guyz again for your carings and counselling. Please pray for me to be able to come to Canada and my studies as I see this as the most important issue in my life. Please also pray for my family to let them understand and accept Yeshua and also for me to have friends. I hope we get meet each other in the future :).

God bless you all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
DO you need sponsorship to Canada? there is a part of the forum where canadian gather and you could post there of your needs and interest... maybe hooking up with someone before ever getting there.

Glad to hear that you are alright... Praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xXSinnerXx

Jan 29, 2009
✟7,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your parents are blinded by their false religion.
God will provide you what you need.
Trust him and do absolute best not to doubt.
Christ is with you Now.
Maintain your faith in Christ and the reward will be more than you could have asked for.Your life may get harder much harder before it gets better but know the Son of God is walking with you in your tribulation.
I know it has to hurt that your parents are basically disowning you But Let them know you serve the One true God and he calls you to forgive them and pray for them.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ive heard when male turkies dule the looser will show sumission by exposing thier throat at wich time the winner will let the looser up...they then go about thier turkey buisness with the spoiles of victory (i guess the winner gets all or his choice of the females, heck i dunno, whatever turkies value most)...when peacocks fight it is to the death...when a peacock fights a turkey and the turkey exposes his throat in submission...you get the picture...well now lets just suppose the christians are turkies and muslims are peacocks...i recon that is i good analogy...if you study muslim culture and especially arab culture you will find people automatically assume someone is lying wheras western culture automatically assumes people to be telling the truth...can you see how this would make christians more vunerable?..................message is be carfull my brothers..........study the koran..... mohamid is said to have lived the perfect life...he live by the sword and trechery...when his opposition was too strong he made treaties...when the tables were turned he broke the treaties and murdered his opposition...theese are now accepted tactics of muslims...GO READ...THE RELIGION OF PEACE

Upvote 0

joelhall

Apr 18, 2009
aylesbury, buckinghamshire
✟15,197.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i hope this helps you:

as a christian you have a duty to god to understand god. you also have an obligation to understand evil and false prophesy. these is no reason why you cannot study the koran, in fact it should help strengthen your faith in the true teachings of jesus.

you should be able to understand other faith systems to understand what is true and false prophesy - one cannot reject something one does not understand. understanding does not mean you are rejecting jesus, nor does it mean you accept the false teachings of muhammed (sic).

yahweh god will be with you and as long as you accept god and arm yourself with knowledge from scripture and by looking around you at the earth and people you have nothing to fear. god is showing you the path to take and as long as you take notice you will get there.

god be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JSGuitarist

Παρα σοι ιλασμος εστιν
Mar 7, 2008
✟9,364.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Friend, what you do is so commendable. I know in the Middle East it is not easy at all to turn your back on Islam, but I pray that the Holy Spirit strengthens you. There is nothing worth your faith in Christ, and He has been giving you strength in all of this. Though it's a smaller matter, put down the smoking, as it will not help you. This is a good time to pray for the Holy Spirit to come and do His work in you. He will give you everything you need. Stay strong, brother!

Upvote 0