I make my own candy - But need a better hiding place - Help!

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since a lot of complaints about unhealthy candies come up lately, like they put in bugs and unhealthy yacky stuff I´ve made some oldfashion fudge myself of stuff that I know what is in there (at least no bugs or chemical weird stuff, )cream, butter, sugar, sirup, cocoa, chocholate, coconutoil, cherries, vanilla, romessence but they have become so popular among the kids that I do need a better hidingplace. Sure they can eat some, but we need to save some for another time too.
Highest up in the wardrobe is not safe anymore, nor in any wooden boxes. So it is now the new ideas "ladies" (tampaxboxes,etc) I can not believe anyone hides anything there, the empty sports and nuitrition jars, perhaps. Some empty flowerpot space - dangerous though, I am the only one watering, but maybe someone wants to help out one day without my knowledge. The secret space they already know in one wardrobe.
Where do You hide Your candy?

I mean my kids even come and ask me - Mom, please, can I have just one candy, in secret. So instead of them not having it and being sad until next Saturday it is better they do not find it. And truth be told, when one makes fudge, one makes a bigger batch, not only a little and Yes I sell some too, that goes strictly into glassjars and is stored there or in the store.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since a lot of complaints about unhealthy candies come up lately, like they put in bugs and unhealthy yacky stuff I´ve made some oldfashion fudge myself of stuff that I know what is in there (at least no bugs or chemical weird stuff, )cream, butter, sugar, sirup, cocoa, chocholate, coconutoil, cherries, vanilla, romessence but they have become so popular among the kids that I do need a better hidingplace. Sure they can eat some, but we need to save some for another time too.
Highest up in the wardrobe is not safe anymore, nor in any wooden boxes. So it is now the new ideas "ladies" (tampaxboxes,etc) I can not believe anyone hides anything there, the empty sports and nuitrition jars, perhaps. Some empty flowerpot space - dangerous though, I am the only one watering, but maybe someone wants to help out one day without my knowledge. The secret space they already know in one wardrobe.
Where do You hide Your candy?

I mean my kids even come and ask me - Mom, please, can I have just one candy, in secret. So instead of them not having it and being sad until next Saturday it is better they do not find it. And truth be told, when one makes fudge, one makes a bigger batch, not only a little and Yes I sell some too, that goes strictly into glassjars and is stored there or in the store.
I mostly have to hide money because if they find it they think it is theirs. They make all sort different books safes that have a key and a lock. Or I can lock stuff up in my tool box. I have lots of books all over the place so they do not go looking through all of them. Just run a search for a little safe because they have different things you can hide stuff in like clocks and things like that.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well.... my brother would send Swiss Colony Petit Fours every December and I hid them in the vegetable drawer in our fridge to save for Christmas. I would open the drawer at Christmas and they were gone every year! I finally asked my brother to stop sending them. We have a safe in our home office. When I read your post I thought, "A safe is the best place!"

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
61Nk-If+7PL._AC_UL115_.jpg
SentrySafe

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I do have a lot of painting material in dads old leatherportfolio a travelbaglike thing ( I hope I use the right word) with a lock. Unfortunatedly it smells of paint and oil and needs to be aired before I can use it. I mean that bag smell way worse than my new long black leatherboots. But they sure can not know my codes to the phone yet so that is a good alternative. Thank You.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Get somebody else to hide it for you. I'm not a big candy eater so I end up hiding everyone else's candy on them. :holy:
Anybody else in this house could not hold themselves away from it. I might need to sell it too, so I need to know where it is. No need to make candy if it is not tasty. ( I had one yesterday and had not had anything today when it actually is candyday ) Our kids have had one too. Maybe we will have some later. But if it gets troublesome I could bring it to someone elses house in a bag with a lock and say it is old clothes that I try to save to get into and have a few old clothes there too, so I am not completedly lying. If I loose 40 Pounds I probably get into my old skinnydresses again and loose all nice curve.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hmm, I do have a lot of painting material in dads old leatherportfolio a travelbaglike thing ( I hope I use the right word) with a lock. Unfortunatedly it smells of paint and oil and needs to be aired before I can use it. I mean that bag smell way worse than my new long black leatherboots. But they sure can not know my codes to the phone yet so that is a good alternative. Thank You.

I don't know if that's healthy. Do you have a closet that has a doorknob? You could buy a locking doorknob to replace the one that doesn't lock. Hide the key in some socks or another clever place.
Socks Rolled.jpg

Upvote 0