malmo
✟8,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. I am christian and believer in Christ and been fighting demons some time with paranormal stuff happening to me and still is ( i can hear them and i also recorded them and all my friends and family now believes me when they heard them)

I had to google bible contradictions and i found this site and i really need help from you guys to explain why and how. And what the explanation would be to the things said in the article, its very short and easy to read and straight to point.

Biblical Contradictions

One example from the site.
Circumcision “This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

2 different things they said, first you need to do it then if you do it Christ shall profit me nothing, and i am circumcised, it was not my fault, i got it when i was born.

And God made male with foreskin, so why would he say we need to circumcise? Makes no sense, God made us that way, so why would he say that we need to remove it. also, why would they contradict later and also say that i am not going to profit from Christ because of it?

Here is 4 more pages from another site that is also as important to get an counter answer to, to help me with my faith and understanding.

Page 1: Top 20 Most Damning Bible Contradictions

Page 2: Top 20 Most Damning Bible Contradictions (2 of 4) | Bob Seidensticker

Page 3: Top 20 Most Damning Bible Contradictions (3 of 4)

Page 4: Top 20 Most Damning Bible Contradictions (4 of 4)

Last edited:
nhisname
nhisname
When Jesus was fasting and wandering in rhe desert he was tempted by the devil and he used scripture to combat him. I would advise doing the same. Fast,read scripture and pray. Get your armor on!
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. I am christian and believer in Christ and been fighting demons some time with paranormal stuff happening to me and still is ( i can hear them and i also recorded them and all my friends and family now believes me when they heard them)

I had to google bible contradictions and i found this site and i really need help from you guys to explain why and how. And what the explanation would be to the things said in the article, its very short and easy to read and straight to point.

Biblical Contradictions

Circumcision “This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

2 different things they said, first you need to do it then if you do it Christ shall profit me nothing, and i am circumcised, it was not my fault, i got it when i was born.

And God made male with foreskin, so why would he say we need to circumcise? Makes no sense, God made us that way, so why would he say that we need to remove it. also, why would they contradict later and also say that i am not going to profit from Christ because of it?

Circumcision was a requirement for the Jews, the descendants of Abraham. Notice it says "and thy seed after thee", meaning the seed -descendants- of Abraham. Circumcision has never been required for gentiles. Now see the words of the prophet Jeremiah:

Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

God promised a "new covenant", or "new testament". The new testament contains the teachings of Christianity, as the writer to the Hebrews said:

Heb 7:12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Now, you've done the right thing by coming here and asking your questions rather than simply taking the uneducated word of some detractor on the internet.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟1.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Biblical Contradictions

Let me show you why you should ignore this website by showing you how ludicrous the claim of circumcision being a contradiction is. But something to keep in mind is that even if there was a contradiction (I don't believe there are any) your faith wouldn't stand or fall on the doctrine of the inerrancy of scripture.

Now in regards to it profiting nothing it's because we're under a new covenant. One not made in the flesh but in the spirit. So when Paul speaks of it profiting nothing it's talking about this, that circumcision does not automatically make you a child of God or in the new covenant (read the book of Romans for more clarity but for time's sake see Romans 2:29). Here's a piece of logic for you, can women be Christians even though they're not circumcised? Absolutely! Because one is not a Christian due to works, but due to Christ and faith in Him.

And God made male with foreskin, so why would he say we need to circumcise?
It was a sign of the Old Covenant (the one made with Abraham and then again through Moses on mt Sinai) for Israel alone, not all of us. That's why now that Christ is The New Covenant you don't need to be circumcised. Baptism is in place of circumcision but even then somebody can be saved before even being baptised. Think about the amount of people in prison the disciples preached to who couldn't be baptised. Again you're a Christian through faith, inwardly (Romans 2:29).

Here in Acts 6:1-5 Timothy is circumcised due to the hostility between Greeks and Jews at this specific place. Because of Timothy's parentage in order to show himself as a friend to the Jews and win them to Christ he was circumcised. The circumcision profited him nothing in regards to earning favour with God, which is what Paul means when he's talking about it profiting you nothing, but it did allow Timothy to do what Paul does here in 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.

If you have questions THAT'S OK. But don't doubt as doubting is questioning without desiring an answer. It's completely fruitless. A website made in the 21st century is not going to 'debunk' Christianity which has been around for 2 millennia or bring any new claims against it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Circumcision...
Which problem concerns you more:
  • demons harassing your thought life, or
  • resolving seeming Biblical paradoxes, point-by-point...?
In my experience, solving the second to your satisfaction (if possible) will not resolve the first. Anxiety will just drive you to another apparent paradox and another, ad nauseum.

If you want to deal with your first concern,
  1. find a church that has a healing ministry and
  2. consult a psychiatrist to see if there might be natural causes contributing to your distress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Biblical Contradictions

Here is 4 more pages from another site that is also as important to get an counter answer to, to help me with my faith and understanding.

Perspectives. All the contradictions in scripture are down to emotional meaning and emphasis.

To belong to Israel circumcision was the sign.
To belong to Christ, faith in the cross and repentance was the sign.

Jesus is the fulfilment of Israel, its foundation and meaning.
To hold belonging to Israel, circumcision as being above belonging to Christ, one is lost.

Paul addressed jews who felt you had to be a jew in lifestyle etc to be able to be a Christian. Paul showed that in loving others with the love of Jesus, you fulfilled the law, and were obedient to it.
If one tried obeying the law as if this had value, one was denying the Holy Spirit and the work Jesus was doing in our lives to make us Gods loving people.

God bless you

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The circumcision here is referring to the covenant (agreement) given to the Jews. The Jews agreed to keep the law, and sacrifices, as a sign of agreeing to that fact they had the "sign" of circumcision. It was like a sticker you put on your car. It tells people what you are like. A Christain may have a fish sticker on their car, it tells people they are a Christain. The sicker does not make you a Christain, it just tells people what you are. Circumcision told people that you had committed to following the law and sacrifices, it told people you were a Jew.

When Paul said:

He was saying you belong to Christ. You are not under the old agreement of sacrifices, and laws; you now have Christ as your sacrifice. He was saying you don't need the Circumcision "sticker" anymore. Circumcision does not condemn you, it was just a sign of agreement to a way of living.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2022
malmo
✟8,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!! i understand about the circumcision it makes sense now.

Here is something a former believer said in the comments, can you please answer what he wrote to help me out.

Biblical Contradictions
Matthew 27:44 and Mark 15:32 say both robbers that were crucified with Jesus reviled him.
Luke 23:42 says one of the robbers repented.

The apologist response to that is that AT FIRST both of them reviled him, but then one of them repented, this doesn't make sense because why would Matthew and Mark omit such an important thing? The narration is clear that both of them reviled him. Forcing the text to say something is stupid.

Exodus 9:6 says all the livestock of Egypt died during the plagues.
Exodus 9:19 says "gather your livestock", as if not all of them died.

The apologist response is that "all" means "the majority", which is strange because "all" means "all" when it suits them, the text just means whatever you want it to mean.

Ezekiel 14:9 says God induced the false prophets to lie for the people

The apologist response is that God didn't force them to do so, false prophets always do that in the first place, he just miraculously manipulated the circumstances so that these men, from their own free will, lied to the people, the thing is that compliance means you are okay with it, and partly at fault, it doesn't make sense to not hold a perfectly moral god to the same standards, and also, "miraculously manipulating the circumstances" is just a fancy way to admit that God helped them to lie to people.

There are also several numerical discrepancies in the Bible, impossible to reconcile, since they are only numbers, it's not much important for theological meanings, so the apologist response is just "copyist errors", the thing is that if that's true, then God did a terrible job at preserving his message, what you expect from an omnipotent God is he preserving his inerrant word at its entirety, not "just the important stuff", if some verses are not important, then why bother writing them in the first place? And how can we be sure if these "copyist errors" didn't corrupt some of the important things? The original texts don't exist anymore, how am I supposed to know? "Just have faith" does not help anymore, it doesn't make sense, it looks more and more like a man-made thing with nothing special.

Slavery in the OT
Slavery rules in Leviticus, Christians try to explain that by "God tried his best to slow down slavery, see? He commands the Israelites to treat their slaves well", the problem is that slavery itself is a bad thing, and the mosaic law was written during a theocratic government, so no, it would be hella easy for God to just say "do not have slaves, ever", he was the ultimate political authority, supposedly, and he killed people just for touching the ark of the covenant, how is it that he steps back with slavery? Either he approves of it, or he's weak.

Another response is that "slavery at the time was necessary for survival", well, no, slavery was something that didn't exist during the hunter-gatherer age of homo sapiens (as far as I know), and they survived just fine. But even if that were true, it's still incompatible for a omnipotent God, actually, it would be a great opportunity for him to show his supreme power, because the other nations would wonder how the Israelites were able to survive without slavery, I mean, this God was capable of taking care of 2 million Israelites in the desert, but now, when it comes to slavery, he suddenly loses his magical powers, how am I supposed to believe this? "But it was just the cultural context", and here I was thinking that God is supposed to be timeless.

There's also the failed prophecy of the destruction of Tyre and Egypt, and the apologists' responses are ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biblical Contradictions

Welcome to CF. Satan is the deciever and tempter. This is his role. He has taken a hold of your faith by interjecting doubt about your Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Repent from unbelief to belief and ask for His Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. I will pray for you :prayer:

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Biblical Contradictions

The other four you posted are all based on ignorance. Most of it wilfull. If you'd like you can pick one to begin with and begin a separate thread in the Christian Scriptures section and we can go through them one at a time. You'll find it helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The apologist response to that is that AT FIRST both of them reviled him, but then one of them repented, this doesn't make sense because why would Matthew and Mark omit such an important thing? The narration is clear that both of them reviled him. Forcing the text to say something is stupid.

Please explain why it is impossible for both theives to revile Jesus, but for one of them to change his mind?

The apologist response is that "all" means "the majority", which is strange because "all" means "all" when it suits them, the text just means whatever you want it to mean.
All egyption cattle died, but not those of the hebrews who followed Mosses command.
Why is this unreasonable, please explain why?

Slavery in the OT

Please supply your reasoning why slavery is bad/wrong?
Please state clearly where your ideas about slavery come from?
As you live in a country with a strong Christian heritage, your ideas are from Christianity, so what is your objection?

Reactions: Roymond
Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2022
malmo
✟8,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please explain why it is impossible for both theives to revile Jesus, but for one of them to change his mind?

All egyption cattle died, but not those of the hebrews who followed Mosses command.
Why is this unreasonable, please explain why?

Please supply your reasoning why slavery is bad/wrong?
Please state clearly where your ideas about slavery come from?
As you live in a country with a strong Christian heritage, your ideas are from Christianity, so what is your objection?

Hi i was not the one writing those i copy pasted it to get answers here about what the person said as it made me wonder about it and i wanted help resolving it

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biblical Contradictions

Most all of the alleged contradictions can be explained and if you are struggling with this I recommend Hard Sayings of the Bible or a book like this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OR17B6/?coliid=IP40QM0LRP81L&colid=BIW9GNT3EYLK&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_d

Upvote 0

jefferis peterson

Jan 12, 2021
wimberley
✟7,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like you or one of your parents have been involved in the occult and have opened the door to demonic oppression. Go here for a link on how to renounce, repent and get set free from demonic oppression: Occult Oppression and Bondage: How to Be Set Free > The Scholars Corner
If you or your family have been involved in Masonic Lodges, here is another resource:Prayer of Release from Masonic Bondage

5 Masonic Practices Which Violate the Word of God. > The Scholars Corner

Upvote 0

Jonathan Lantin

Jul 6, 2022
Deland
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the main focus is being tormented by fallen angels and I can offer you some good news thought it in self doesn’t seem like someone would consider this a good thing which is not as we are God please and He doesn’t want us to suffer by their hands. With that said I’d like to share that I can’t speak for everyone but myself with the same experience and after many years of searching I found that Satan only attacks who he finds a threat to his kingdom which obviously means that your a threat and all he can do is attack you and questioned your faith and do anything to get you away from Jesus. The good news is you purpose in life is great and satan sees you as a threat so rejoice in knowing this and be strong to uphold gods promise and walk each day in proudness but don’t confuse proudness with arrogance. The Bible does at times seem to have a lot of contradictions but it’s only because of lack of understanding. The Bible needs to be read in hole not in section like some in old test and some in new test as many things won’t make sense. Spend some time learning the Torah which is Old Testament in Hebrew which they have. Translation to English directly from Hebrew and understanding it is much easier.

Hope you find peace and comfort

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douglas Brian McIntire

Take Captive Every Thought to Obey Christ
Oct 7, 2022
Los Banos
Visit site
✟15,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear ChristianFriend2023

I actually know what you are experiencing and you need to quite your heart and mind listening to nothing and no one, but only to what the writers of the New Testament wrote about Jesus and turn to Jesus within the 4 gospels especially understanding Matthew 11:25-30.

Paul wrote to the Colossians...

8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. Colossians 2:8-10

I hope you can see that even Paul directs others to no one but Jesus the Messiah.

You need to tackle one obstacle at a time. When you follow Jesus and not your thoughts, not the voices you hear, nor the voice of others, you will learn all that you need. It wont be easy, but you need to make up your mind on who you are going to follow and it should only be what the writers of the New Testament wrote about Jesus. Paul wrote (2 Corinthians 10:1-6) that we should take "All our thoughts captive to obey Christ" the Messiah Jesus, and this is where you must start in order to find understanding if not also Healing and peace.

My heart and prayers in sincerity for you and your troubles. It is not an easy journey, and you are being tested. I pray to the Father of Lights that He fills you with His fullness and Love whereas you become steadfast in your decision for Jesus.

James 1:2-25

Testing of Your Faith

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

9 Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, 10 and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. 11 For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

[James mentioning "we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" is becoming followers of Jesus; becoming like Jesus by listening to all that Jesus lived, breathed, done, and spoken: Jesus the Word that became flesh found within the gospel of John, "The Word of Truth." ]

Hearing and Doing the Word

19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

With the sincerest concerns, thoughts, heart, and prayers,
Doug

Upvote 0

port41919

Oct 31, 2022
Williamsport
✟9,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Biblical Contradictions

First of all, do not go to atheist websites regarding Christian answers.
Second, you need to read more than one verse or you may not understand what the author is trying to state.
Third, go to biblehub.com. Put in the name of your book, chapter and verse at the top of the screen.
underneath the blue colored area you will see a list of three letter references. Look for COM and click.
There you will find the meaning of the verse you are reading as stated by Bible scholars who have carefully read the text and thoroughly know the Bible.
The first verse you mentioned, Galations 5:2 is just stating that circumcision has to do with Judaism (Jewish beliefs). They believed you circumcise your son on the eight day after birth due to Old Testament laws. We live in the New Testament and circumcision has nothing to do with whether our relationship with God.
You are really confused and need some good Christian counseling. I hope you find a good church and make it your mission to learn about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Blessings, Sally

Upvote 0

dowthut

Oct 4, 2022
Parkville
✟8,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Biblical Contradictions

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Biblical Contradictions

... wow! It's almost like these contradictions print themselves!

First of all, before caving in and getting all gung-ho over a panoply of contradictions, keep in mind the the following fact: the bible is a collection of diverse, foreign, ancient written works and this has to be dealt with first whether we like it or not. It's just the way it is ... and what this means is that sometimes, but not always, some of us don't really know what it is we're reading as we attempt to read the Bible. ;)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Douglas Brian McIntire

Take Captive Every Thought to Obey Christ
Oct 7, 2022
Los Banos
Visit site
✟15,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is amazing how some of you actually think you know what you are doing, but in turn just cause more harm. No one can understand the Word of God without turning to Jesus First: Anything other than this FACT of turning to Jesus FIRST is a lie from the devil...

6 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

4 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 & 2 Corinthians 4:1-6

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.