Idk if this belongs here, but I need a little help discerning if this is God or not. Newbie Christian here.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, I have OCD. Please do keep that in mind. However, ive been getting this weird thing for a while now where if I think about certain topics ill get a "prick" on my skin. Like a beesting. Almost like a sharp "No thats not right" or "Thats false". It they will stay consistent to what thoughts they happen with.
IDK if OCD can cause this level of physical control, so now im wondering if its some weird way that God is talking to me. Tbh its really freaking me out because idk if I should listen to it or not. I keep praying for discernment or an answer and I get nothing. Does this sound like a way God would talk to me? They are just SO accurate, and it honestly scares me a little.

Also, please dont say, "Take it to the bible, see if it lines up." because the issue with that, is that most of these things are issues that the bible doesnt even talk about.

For example, rn its really going on about my views of the new earth. Ill be thinking about how I cant wait to explore the new earth, and persue my passions, and stuff like that. And ill get a prick and it starts hinting that we will just sing for eternity and stuff like that. Stuff that makes me dread heaven tbh. IDK IF I SHOULD LISTEN TO IT. Ik I sound crazy, but I really dont know. Im new to God, so Idk how he works.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, nothing is not ultimately under God's guiding hand, but I would first have this explored medically.
Oh I have. Like I said, I am diagnosed with OCD. And am almost fully recovered, except for this. I just dont want to ignore God.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My brother currently struggles with what we think is trauma induced physical pain from OCD and intrusive thoughts. He is much better now with his thoughts, but the anxiety of his body still lingers and will hurt him without him thinking about anything in particular.

What you are describing sounds very similar. I have been studying the unnoticed epidemic of OCD spreading recently, having suffered it years ago myself, and notice that it affects more young people than anyone. I am of the opinion that intrusive thoughts, maybe not OCD, is triggered when we can't cope with unpleasant things out of our control. It is normal to have thoughts not your own, but many people don't know this and think they must pin every thought down. This helped me realize why I was suffering it, which actually helped me overcome it. I am surprised that there isn't a bigger public awareness of this. I know a lot of people that I grew up with who also have intrusive thoughts and/or OCD.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There was no verdict on the pricking sensation from the doctors? Did they advise anything?
They said that OCD can apparently do this, however it just seems SO accurate sometimes that it makes me wonder.

• Agree
Reactions: Brother-Mike
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't have OCD, but I do have GAD. My advice to you is to take it slow and easy. Slowly absorb. Get familiar with general ordinary basic Christianity, before going on theological explorations and trying to figure everything out right away. I know that's a lot easier said than done with OCD being in the picture. Personally I think those pricks are probably more like your nervous system telling you to slow down.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

This Thread has been Cleaned

Some Posts have been removed.

RV TRSC: Deliverance Rule

Promoting and discussing Deliverance is not allowed on CF.

Members concerned about demonic activity/deliverance may speak with a CF Chaplain in the https://www.christianforums.com/forums/ask-a-chaplain.792/ forum.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah bless you. I'll touch the 2nd part. This is a fallen world still under a curse. If you wanted to compare Heaven to earth some say its like a copy. Now this copy were living on was done by say a 1y old :) Yeah you will want to praise Him or you will want to go explore.. or go build or read or write... just no sin no sadness. All the gifts God gave you those desires will still be there after this life just no darkness no Satan to keep getting in your way. Some have said the calling we have here and never fulfilled it we still can after this life. I don't know. I just know I love to sing...I will be there. Love the playing the piano I will there. Man there is so much more that we can't imagen. Sorry when God says we can't even imagen what He has instore for us. Going to be AWESOME!

Upvote 0

thesacredbeautiful

Dec 3, 2022
Des Moines
✟13,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry. It's not God. The mind can play tricks on us.
They said that OCD can apparently do this, however it just seems SO accurate sometimes that it makes me wonder.
Does it confirm your worst fears?

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't worry. It's not God. The mind can play tricks on us.

Does it confirm your worst fears?
Yes, typically its about things im stressed about at the time.

For example, rn im stressed that heaven will just be singing around a throne. I start to think about how theres probably more to it, and we will have culture, and freedom, etc. ill get a prick telling me basically "no, its just singing around the throne".

Upvote 0

thesacredbeautiful

Dec 3, 2022
Des Moines
✟13,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like anxiety. I know it can be hard to tell but what I do know about God is this: Whenever He communicates, there is a knowing, a peace. :) Try to keep reminding yourself that you're having a reaction to stress and God is not communicating to you through your fears. I will pray for you and ask God to bring you peace. :)

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, I have OCD. Please do keep that in mind. However, ive been getting this weird thing for a while now where if I think about certain topics ill get a "prick" on my skin. Like a beesting. Almost like a sharp "No thats not right" or "Thats false". It they will stay consistent to what thoughts they happen with.
IDK if OCD can cause this level of physical control, so now im wondering if its some weird way that God is talking to me. Tbh its really freaking me out because idk if I should listen to it or not. I keep praying for discernment or an answer and I get nothing. Does this sound like a way God would talk to me? They are just SO accurate, and it honestly scares me a little.

Also, please dont say, "Take it to the bible, see if it lines up." because the issue with that, is that most of these things are issues that the bible doesnt even talk about.

For example, rn its really going on about my views of the new earth. Ill be thinking about how I cant wait to explore the new earth, and persue my passions, and stuff like that. And ill get a prick and it starts hinting that we will just sing for eternity and stuff like that. Stuff that makes me dread heaven tbh. IDK IF I SHOULD LISTEN TO IT. Ik I sound crazy, but I really dont know. Im new to God, so Idk how he works.

Regarding your comment about the "new Earth" I use an artist's rendition of "New Jerusalem" as my avatar. My avatar and my username are both reminders to me (and hopefully to others) that we live NOT for this life nor for this world but, rather, for the life and the world to come, which are promised to those who love and follow Jesus.

It's interesting and fun to speculate about many things. Overall, I think we should really just focus on loving God and demonstrate that love by following his commandments, as well as loving one another. In fact, that's exactly what Jesus told us are the most important laws.

Matthew 22:34-40
The Great Commandment​

34 But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get familiar with general ordinary basic Christianity, before going on theological explorations and trying to figure everything out right away.

Amen. With that said, Pastor John MacArthur once said "The faithful Christian thirsts for the word of God" and so I am happy that our brother in Christ is seeking God's word. If only all of God's creation was so eager to do so!

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For example, rn im stressed that heaven will just be singing around a throne.
With my voice, I assure you, nobody is going to want me singing around any thrones. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: The fact is that we cannot fathom how amazing it will be. Have faith in God the father in Heaven. He has enormous riches and rewards for those that love him and keep his commandments!

Isaiah 55:8-9
English Standard Version
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.​

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, typically its about things im stressed about at the time.

For example, rn im stressed that heaven will just be singing around a throne. I start to think about how theres probably more to it, and we will have culture, and freedom, etc. ill get a prick telling me basically "no, its just singing around the throne".

Upvote 0