I love my Staffordshire Terrior a.k.a. "Pitbull" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I just thought I'd add a bit on Pits and what I consider real rescues.

One of my dogs is from the ASPCA, the other jsut showed up in a friends back yard. Their yard was too small (and not secure) and we got a second dog.

We were making wild guesses about the breed until I met a guy at the dog park who was pretty sure he was a Presa Canario. (he really likes pit bulls, he can play rough with them and they get back up).

This guy also had a friend, a guy who does what I consider true rescues. He rehabilitates dogs who were losers from the fighting pits in Venice (CA).

At that time he had 13 pits who had been trained to fight and were now able to get along and be as normal as any dog who had gone through that could be.

Upvote 0

Truffle

Proud American
May 26, 2006
✟34,869.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is my sweet boy Buddy aka Butter Butt. He is MY baby. A couple of years ago two puppies wondered into our backyard looking for food and wanting to play with our two dogs. One was a GSD mix and the other a pit mix. We spent a while trying to figure out who they belonged to but never had any luck. The GSD pup found a home with a nice family and Bud and I fell in love. He has been my baby ever since. Honestly he is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met and cant stop wagging his entire body let alone his tail when you even say his name. He forever won me over to pits.

budsad.jpg

Precious dog!

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

hi sparks and savedsis, as well as the new faces around here. i haven't been on for awhile so thought i would stop by and see what all the wonderful pitlover foks have been up to.

sparks and fear your hairy family members are adorable!!!

tison and jasmine are still doing really well. although they are getting ready to move back in with my son (who is their rightful owner but couldn't keep them for awhile) - i will still get visitation rights of course :0) i will miss those two big lugs in my bed. but now they will have a yard to run in and won't be cramped up in a tiny apt. although they get walked daily-the need a backyard as well.

on a side note- we think that tison is actually an american bulldog now. he bypassed the size of a "normal" pit (is about 98 lbs. and quite tall) and looks just like a friend's american bulldog (height, weight, coloring, snout, docked tail, body style, the whole 9 yards, they are IDENTICAL lookswise and personality wise). so that leaves miss jasmine and keeps me in the running on this thread (besides the fact that i started the thread LOL). go hug your pitties (and american bulldogs and whatever else you have that needs love). :hug:

Upvote 0

WhiteWillow

Busy motherhood takes priority!
Mar 6, 2006
Orlando Fla
✟58,821.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What do you all think of Michael Vick coming out of jail tonight and maybe still being an NFL player? I heard he will work in construction but is going to be doing some work with the Humane Society,hmmmm. Can he be forgiven for dog fighting and benefiting while this breed was put into more turmoil?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.