I love my Staffordshire Terrior a.k.a. "Pitbull" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woman.at.the.well

WhatIsTruth said:
Francis is a year and a half old, and Gabriel (the one with the pacifier) is a little over two years old. Francis' name comes from St. Francis, who I have an affection for, and Gabriel, came from the Archangel Gabriel.

As far as Pacifiers, I would say you would have to take into account how big the puppy's /dogs teeth are and if they are teething, that sort of thing. With a puppy a pacifier should last a while. Gabriel on the other hand, can chew it up within a half hour, so I don't usually give those to him unless its a treat. Though I give my dogs treats a fair bit of the time.

I will give them hugs and kisses for you!

Peace

Thank you Whatistruth!

Hope everyone on this thread had a wonderful Memorial Day & weekend. I was not at home and really miss my puppies!!!

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have two...Xena and Myzel....This most dangerous end on my pitts is the rearend!!! ;) They are great dogs, and don't know why I waited so long to get one.
I am new at this, I'll see if I can attach a pic....Pam
jpg.gif
This is Xena with Snoopy The Super Chi..

Attachments

• Xena and Snoopy.jpg
    Xena and Snoopy.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
woman.at.the.well said:
they give the best kisses EVER!!! There is nothing like a greeting from a staffy or staffy mix!!!

Ain't that the truth...my husband says they should apply for a "Licker Liscense"..lol..^_^ I rescue animals, and our two came from the local shelter; I have two pitt mixes right now that I am fostering...would love to keep them, but too many pitts too little time...GBU...Pam

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My mother found two ten-week old pit mixes over the weekend. They are both very dirty and look to have mange or some type of skin infection. She called the humane society, but they said they would put them down because they don't have the resources to care for sick animals. So... my mom decided to keep them and take them to the vet herself. My mom is on a very limited income, so please pray that their infections are treated easily and that they will feel better soon.

My mom can't keep them for the long term since she rents, so, if anyone is interested in a female, white with some very small spots, Staffie mix and is in the Missouri area, please let me know.

Upvote 0
C

country woman

your dogs are so cute I cant believe some places want to ban theses wonderful dogs. It is not the dogs fault that this is happening. It is the media and uneducated pet owners .If you have breeds like pit bulla Rotties and other large dogs I think people should have to research these breeds first before you buy. From what I hear you can make any dog mean yes even small dogs. I would have a large dog over a small dog any day.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

country woman said:
your dogs are so cute I cant believe some places want to ban theses wonderful dogs. It is not the dogs fault that this is happening. It is the media and uneducated pet owners .If you have breeds like pit bulla Rotties and other large dogs I think people should have to research these breeds first before you buy. From what I hear you can make any dog mean yes even small dogs. I would have a large dog over a small dog any day.

I know, it breaks my heart. We should all drive to these ridiculous places like Denver and storm the gates!!! It just sickens me to think of these poor people losing their beloved pets because of ignorance. Little dogs scare me :eek: LOL

lovestrav said:
My mother found two ten-week old pit mixes over the weekend. They are both very dirty and look to have mange or some type of skin infection. She called the humane society, but they said they would put them down because they don't have the resources to care for sick animals. So... my mom decided to keep them and take them to the vet herself. My mom is on a very limited income, so please pray that their infections are treated easily and that they will feel better soon.

Hi lovestrav!!! Oh God bless your mother. Lord please be with Lovestrav's mother. Give her the resources to care for these beautiful dogs. And bless her abundantly for her heart and for rescuing these dogs Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen. I sure do hope things work out! Please keep us updated with good news!

My mom can't keep them for the long term since she rents, so, if anyone is interested in a female, white with some very small spots, Staffie mix and is in the Missouri area, please let me know.

Dear Lord, please find these awesome dogs a wonderful home where they will be loved and cared for In Jesus Name, Amen.

PassthePeace1 said:
Ain't that the truth...my husband says they should apply for a "Licker Liscense"..lol..^_^ I rescue animals, and our two came from the local shelter; I have two pitt mixes right now that I am fostering...would love to keep them, but too many pitts too little time...GBU...Pam

I roared laughing out loud when I read that, "licker license!" That is hysterical and classic. Mind if I borrow it? They are just soooooooooo cute and just absolutely adore their owners. I swear they'd climb up inside of you if they could get away with it!!! They're the best, they really are.

PassthePeace1 said:
We have two...Xena and Myzel....This most dangerous end on my pitts is the rearend!!! ;) They are great dogs, and don't know why I waited so long to get one.
I am new at this, I'll see if I can attach a pic....Pam
jpg.gif
This is Xena with Snoopy The Super Chi..

Oh my GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! How totally adorable. That just made me grin from ear to ear when I saw that "big mean (hahaha) staffy" snuggling that little chi!!! That is so neat. And thank you so much for sharing. Please do come back again and tell us about they're funny characteristics - even the chi please! God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

woman.at.the.well

lovestrav said:
You are welcome. I don't always agree with the Humane Society, but I'm glad that they are adressing this issue!

I imagine it is hard to stay neutral in today's society where so many agencies like the Humane Society are reliant on the gov't for funding and they have to watch what they say so as to remain "politically correct." I think the H.S. is one of those organizations who started out with good intentions but over time and to be "safe" has to say and do certain things that are imposed upon them. What do you think?

I just can't believe these bozos continually bash this awesome (hum, hum non) breed of dog who just need good homes and people with brains to raise them and love them.

Lord, I just humbly come before You and ask that You be with us in this thread. Those of us whose hearts know how staffy's really are Lord. Please work and move mightilly with those who are telling lies about "pit bulls" Lord and expose the lies for what they are. Expose the media for the garbage that it is and use it for Your good kingdom purposes instead Lord. Bless those who have lovingly taken strays and abused animals such as lovestrav's mother has Lord. Raise up more people to come forward and speak the truth about staffy's and all of the breeds of bulldogs who are wrongfully accused of such horrible things, and to care for these beautiful animals Lord.

In Jesus Name :groupray:
Amen

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:prayer:

I agree with you about the HSUS and unfortunately other organizations that have also lost their calling by being more "acceptable".

Lord, I also reach out to you and ask that you protect all the wonderful dogs out there that you created. Lord, we are to be the protectors and their champions and care-takers and Lord, just please help those of us that need help to fully care for these charges that you have so blessed us with.
:amen:

OK, everyone, I need some help too. I have decided to begin teaching a class in my community on dog ownership. Not an obedience class, but a Dog 101 class, going over things like potty-training, crate-training, pack hierarchy, bad habits, diet and nutrition, medical care, etc. I've thought of offering it free to anyone that adopts a dog from the local humane societies.

If you were offered a class, would you go? It will be free for pet adopters, but I'd like to charge something for others and repeat visitors. It doesn't have to be much, $5-10... How long should I make the class? 1 hour, 30 minutes. What specific things would you want me to go over?

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

lovestrav said:
:prayer:

I agree with you about the HSUS and unfortunately other organizations that have also lost their calling by being more "acceptable".

Lord, I also reach out to you and ask that you protect all the wonderful dogs out there that you created. Lord, we are to be the protectors and their champions and care-takers and Lord, just please help those of us that need help to fully care for these charges that you have so blessed us with.
:amen:

OK, everyone, I need some help too. I have decided to begin teaching a class in my community on dog ownership. Not an obedience class, but a Dog 101 class, going over things like potty-training, crate-training, pack hierarchy, bad habits, diet and nutrition, medical care, etc. I've thought of offering it free to anyone that adopts a dog from the local humane societies.

If you were offered a class, would you go? It will be free for pet adopters, but I'd like to charge something for others and repeat visitors. It doesn't have to be much, $5-10... How long should I make the class? 1 hour, 30 minutes. What specific things would you want me to go over?

I think that is a perfect idea for you. It is definitely a gift and therefore a calling and I'm so glad you are going to so something with it.

I can't think of one thing to add to your training, looks like you've got the bases covered. I would charge a little for repeat visitors like you said but you could go a bit higher I would think. Use your judgement, if they don't seem to have alot (financially) etc.charge less. I wouldn't go over 90 minutes, that sounds about right!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so glad you're going to do this! If I lived near you I would have Tison and Jazzy Girl there in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL, you are too kind to me!

After we started talking I got to thinking that there are 100's of obedience classes out there, but no real dog classes. You can take your dog through obedience ten times, and if you don't understand some of the even more basic stuff, you're never going to make it stick.

Maybe we'll go on the road someday...
I am on the road most weekends now, OH coming up, we were just in ND. I love to travel, thank God for that!

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, and one more thing, but this isn't for the weak of heart. A friend from another forum pointed me to this site. It's of a pitbull breeder who is trying to educate about the horrors of dog fighting. There are some very graphic pictures and stories of pitties contained therein, but the information is invaluable. I encourage everyone to read this page to educate themselves.

http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

P.S. It has come to my attention, thank you judi, that this person is a pagan. Please be aware of that as she does have an area on her site that goes into some detail about her beliefs. I did not read it all, but just confirmed it. Thanks all.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

lovestrav said:
LOL, you are too kind to me!

After we started talking I got to thinking that there are 100's of obedience classes out there, but no real dog classes. You can take your dog through obedience ten times, and if you don't understand some of the even more basic stuff, you're never going to make it stick.

Maybe we'll go on the road someday... If you can stand me I'll go!!! LOL
I am on the road most weekends now, OH coming up, we were just in ND. I love to travel, thank God for that!

Please do let me know when you will be in the state of AZ and where in our beautiful state. I would love to meet you and see you in action! :hug:

Upvote 0

cameocat

cameo cats make the world go 'round
Jun 10, 2005
California
✟10,372.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really appreciate your stories about the bulldogs, etc., and the comparisons between the view of the media and the truth. The same thing happened to Dobermans a few years back, and I knew people with Dobermans, so did not buy into the media's attacks on that breed of dog,either. I have never owned a Staffie, or any type of bulldog, but I currrently have two dogs who are rescues. One is a Border Collie (hyper type), and another smaller mixed dog. I would like to share with you that my Border Collie is probably one of the softest hearted, and softest headed :p dogs alive, and he does do a very "mothering" act with our cat, which is a tremendous thing to see. He loves our cat so much, and those two are inseparable. To him, the cat is the "perfect baby" and can do wrong, etc., cuddles and loves on him...well, little does he know what that cat really has planned...this is another story. :eek:

Also, I understand that Border Collies are not a type of dog to have around small children, and there are some natural behaviors that probably would prevent this. For instance, Border Collies do "nip" at people, but not in a vicious way, but a natural behavior that has to do with their herding ability. He doesn't contact, but it can be annoying, and frightening to a child. Of course, we try to discourage this behavior, but the most we can seem to do is slow him down with it. Border Collies are definitely a tremendous dog to have, but just as any medium to large sized dog, he needs to have a great deal of working, socializing, and training too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.