Sioux Falls, SD
✟99,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think many have an unrealistic concept of God as somewhat like an all powerful magical man who mostly ignores our most heartfelt pleas. God is Life and the source of all life, neither magical nor a man. When you pray don’t expect magic but peace and understanding.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
im getting insanely lucky with everything please explain this god left me or something
If your default thinking is that God left you or will leave you then you are missing God’s promises.

Jesus said? ‘I will never leave you or forsake you’.

Stop asking people if God has left you. Why do you put people’s opinions you don’t know (not trashing any CF peeps, just saying we are in the internet) and not believing God?

It’s like you are waiting for someone else, anyone to validate what you are feeling. What are you doing? Do you want to hate yourself? I’m wondering

Upvote 0

Nathan Arnold

Feb 20, 2018
Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
am i damned because i asked for a good life from god and he gave it to me i was at a terrible time in life and it was me as christian and i hated god because he seemed to make my life terrible and i hated him for good luck am i damned i dont wanna continue

what about this Matthew 6:2 and this Revelation 2:21
i dont know i feel trapped i dont wanna be like this i constantly keep asking god to help me for a week now every day 1000 times i dont want it to be all over for me remember that I asked for a good life and a good life i was given i havent cried in years what do you say??

listen heres my story i was christian but had an upmost terrible life i hated god for causing all this and wanted luck for months i really wanted luck i drew satanic symbols for luck everyday and when i was unlucky i cursed god then in that time of being satanic and everything i had a shirt even of a satanic symbol and I was 100% normal in that time I got autism randomly and I didnt go to school anymore I wouldnt I would rather go to jail and then I got homebound and I still pursued in the satanic symbols luckiness to get rid of it but it got worse to where I couldnt go out to eat or do anything and I was hardening my heart I hated christians and wanted them to die and would punch one if I met one and I went back to an illuminati channel and I learned about that but then another channel named Vigilant Christian led me to jesus out of my interest in the illuminati but was not instantly I kept growing in knowledge and I had struggles and doubts and many doubts I thought I was demon possessed I seemed to never get it right it was never right but then everywhere I turned the only answer was christ and I read in the bible that christ said it all points to me and I still didnt get why everyone was obsessed with christ i still dont i never seen the ounce of glory in him I just wanna but I cant something is stopping me and I cant get rid of it god wont help me he has turned his eye off me although I pray thousands of times that he hear me he still doesnt I feel like the man in the iron cage i have no passion for my sexual sin or lust anymore im hopeless and even god wont seem to help me tell me something whats wrong with me i know more information that any pastor but the only thing is that whats wrong with me im comfortable knowing im going to hell i wanna get out im willing to cut off every bone in my body for just this one thing please god wont help me i cant cry i want him but he wont come

but in that time i felt no conviction i never remember feeling convicted my conscience was seared

listen if this is the only possible solution for me to ever see heaven Revelation 20:4 i will take it please tell me what i must do if you know

And the one inside answers, ‘Do not bother me. My door is already shut and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up to give you anything.’

I tell you, even though he will not get up to provide for him because of his friendship, yet because of the man’s persistence, he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

i tried this
im just trapped in the question: what should i do

and i read that god has put a curse on people who try to seek help through them but they ignore him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willis Gravning

St. Francis of Assisi
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2015
Sioux Falls, SD
✟99,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I once read the following story,

I man's house was flooded by quickly rising water forcing him to take refuge on his roof. Soon the water was up to the eaves. Someone rowed up to the house in a boat and said, “get in, I’ll take you to higher ground.” “No thanks,” said the man, “God will save me.” The water kept rising and soon it was lapping at his feet. I power boat approached and the driver shouted, “Get in and I will take you to safety.” “No thanks,” repeated the man, “God will save me.” The boat sped away and the water kept rising. Soon it was up to the mans chest. A helicopter flew overhead and lowered a rope ladder to him. The pilot shouted down, “Grab on, I’ll pull you up.” “No thanks, God will save me”. Said the man again.
The helicopter flew away and the water kept rising until finally the man was swept away by the current and drowned.

He was happy to find himself in heaven standing before God but also a bit disappointed.
He asked God, “Why didn’t you save me?” God replied, “I sent you two boats and a helicopter.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
idk ijust got depression out of no where and it just hurts in my chest not physically but its like someone stabbed my heart
I used to get this. Kind of feels like heart problems.

It's a panic attack. Can have spiritual and emotional origins.

Ask Jesus to help you. You can recognize that you have sinned, need help, and feel miserable. God can work with that. He did not send Christ into the world to judge / destroy the world, but to save it, and sinners.

Christ loves you. Give Him your hurt, let Him help you, fix you, work on you, and heal you.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I feel evil and hateful and selfrighteous why am I like this?
i cant get rid of it people online i wanna love but something in me isnt comfortable with it

Its simply because you lack forgiveness and value your own qualities in it's place. You can't love because you don't know what love is, if you did you wouldn't have these questions. Most people's definition of love is attachment, whether they are aware of it or not. The difference is real love does not change from person to person, you cannot love one person and hate another you either love both equally or are attached to one more over the other, they are two entirely different things.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
idk what I did but I was thinking about God and the unpardonable sin and it was a great day 10/10 luck and I thought a thought about it in a moment then i started to hurt inside it keeps on coming back what is it I feel like god is cutting me off by making me hurt inside when i think of him
I have pain inside as well. It causes me to look forward to heaven instead of this world. It gives me hope. I use to fear death but now i look forward to heaven. I would like to suggest that you focus your thoughts on love and heaven.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
am i damned because i asked for a good life from god and he gave it to me i was at a terrible time in life and it was me as christian and i hated god because he seemed to make my life terrible and i hated him for good luck am i damned i dont wanna continue

what about this Matthew 6:2 and this Revelation 2:21
i dont know i feel trapped i dont wanna be like this i constantly keep asking god to help me for a week now every day 1000 times i dont want it to be all over for me remember that I asked for a good life and a good life i was given i havent cried in years what do you say??

listen heres my story i was christian but had an upmost terrible life i hated god for causing all this and wanted luck for months i really wanted luck i drew satanic symbols for luck everyday and when i was unlucky i cursed god then in that time of being satanic and everything i had a shirt even of a satanic symbol and I was 100% normal in that time I got autism randomly and I didnt go to school anymore I wouldnt I would rather go to jail and then I got homebound and I still pursued in the satanic symbols luckiness to get rid of it but it got worse to where I couldnt go out to eat or do anything and I was hardening my heart I hated christians and wanted them to die and would punch one if I met one and I went back to an illuminati channel and I learned about that but then another channel named Vigilant Christian led me to jesus out of my interest in the illuminati but was not instantly I kept growing in knowledge and I had struggles and doubts and many doubts I thought I was demon possessed I seemed to never get it right it was never right but then everywhere I turned the only answer was christ and I read in the bible that christ said it all points to me and I still didnt get why everyone was obsessed with christ i still dont i never seen the ounce of glory in him I just wanna but I cant something is stopping me and I cant get rid of it god wont help me he has turned his eye off me although I pray thousands of times that he hear me he still doesnt I feel like the man in the iron cage i have no passion for my sexual sin or lust anymore im hopeless and even god wont seem to help me tell me something whats wrong with me i know more information that any pastor but the only thing is that whats wrong with me im comfortable knowing im going to hell i wanna get out im willing to cut off every bone in my body for just this one thing please god wont help me i cant cry i want him but he wont come

but in that time i felt no conviction i never remember feeling convicted my conscience was seared

listen if this is the only possible solution for me to ever see heaven Revelation 20:4 i will take it please tell me what i must do if you know

And the one inside answers, ‘Do not bother me. My door is already shut and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up to give you anything.’

I tell you, even though he will not get up to provide for him because of his friendship, yet because of the man’s persistence, he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

i tried this
im just trapped in the question: what should i do

and i read that god has put a curse on people who try to seek help through them but they ignore him
You should reread your posts looking at the words you’ve used:

* luck
* demon possessed
* Illuminati
* curse
* satanic symbols
* luckiness
* damned

If you do not see a pattern here I don’t know what else to tell you.

If God is all powerful, why are you looking for luck or thinning you are cursed?

Who does God say His children are?

I would get into the Bible and leave all this other stuff at the curb.

All this is doing is confusing you and adding a bunch of other stuff into who or what you think God is and who or what you think you are as His child.

If you want to dabble in that stuff it will lead you on a bad path. Maybe that is why you are where you are now.

Repent and renounce all that and walk away
From it.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel evil and hateful and selfrighteous why am I like this?
i cant get rid of it people online i wanna love but something in me isnt comfortable with it
Do you love yourself?

Think about it. If God loves you and says you are beloved and His child, must you then love yourself?

Maybe you can’t express or feel love for others because you don’t love you.

Maybe. Think about it.

Upvote 0

Willis Gravning

St. Francis of Assisi
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2015
Sioux Falls, SD
✟99,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with what TBL just wrote. You should learn to love yourself. You surely know you have your own better qualities. Try to prayerfully nurture them and let the sour grapes wither on the vine. The changes don't happen overnight but they will happen. It takes practice and persistence and God will help you.

Upvote 0