I have questions and views about scripture that may seem unbiblical.

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it okay to have questions concerning the Bible itself? I hear and read that every answer to life can be found in the Bible. I won't doubt that, but I have doubts. What would the Word of God say about certain items of clothing, entertainment, or even not going to church on a Sunday. It seems silly, but I have wondered about why God's Word only contained 66 books. I feel bad about having such questions. I wonder if God's Word had more than 66 books, it would be easier to find information on such topics. I sometimes wonder what were to happen to certain characters or people in God's Word. Is it true that John,the youngest of the Twelve disciples, was the only one to survive and have not been martyred?

What happened to the young man who provided the cloth thus in a way had to do with the prophecy (I guess) about Jesus. (Mark 14:51) I am not trying be rude, mean, sacrilegious, or funny, not at all. I also don't wish to intend to blaspheme the Lord and His teachings either. It is obvious that I am full of questions, but sometimes, it is as if I could find the answers about everything concerning real life in the Bible. I get that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, that is true. But I wonder what were to happen if The Bible had more than 66 books and it was still inspired. Is it wrong to ask those types of questions?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear and read that every answer to life can be found in the Bible.
Well, the Bible does not directly tell you exact details about what to wear. But every scripture can somehow be used to help you find out how to love. And as you learn how to be and how to love, this can help you with every item of your life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Shawn Stuart

Dec 5, 2018
North East
✟2,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it okay to have questions concerning the Bible itself? I hear and read that every answer to life can be found in the Bible. I won't doubt that, but I have doubts. What would the Word of God say about certain items of clothing, entertainment, or even not going to church on a Sunday. It seems silly, but I have wondered about why God's Word only contained 66 books. I feel bad about having such questions. I wonder if God's Word had more than 66 books, it would be easier to find information on such topics. I sometimes wonder what were to happen to certain characters or people in God's Word. Is it true that John,the youngest of the Twelve disciples, was the only one to survive and have not been martyred?

What happened to the young man who provided the cloth thus in a way had to do with the prophecy (I guess) about Jesus. (Mark 14:51) I am not trying be rude, mean, sacrilegious, or funny, not at all. I also don't wish to intend to blaspheme the Lord and His teachings either. It is obvious that I am full of questions, but sometimes, it is as if I could find the answers about everything concerning real life in the Bible. I get that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, that is true. But I wonder what were to happen if The Bible had more than 66 books and it was still inspired. Is it wrong to ask those types of questions?

The Bible has all the answers. Maybe try to start a thread concerning each question you have and we can help you get answers that way. It would be much easier if you limit your questions to one per thread.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it okay to have questions concerning the Bible itself? I hear and read that every answer to life can be found in the Bible. I won't doubt that, but I have doubts. What would the Word of God say about certain items of clothing, entertainment, or even not going to church on a Sunday.

The Bible outlines some general principles on all three of those issues.

I wonder if God's Word had more than 66 books, it would be easier to find information on such topics.

God did not intend to spell out every little detail of what we should do.

Is it true that John,the youngest of the Twelve disciples, was the only one to survive and have not been martyred?

That's what some early Christians said.

Is it wrong to ask those types of questions?

Not at all.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My mum used to say ‘the bible has all the answers you need, if you can’t find it, you’re asking the wrong question’. I’ve found she’s often right, sometimes changing the perspective I look at something makes scripture answers more obvious.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it okay to have questions concerning the Bible itself?
It is perfectly OK to have questions and doubts about the bible, Christianity, church practises etc etc etc etc.

What matters far more is what you do about finding answers. Those who say ' just have faith' or 'only believe' and other nonsence do not know Christianity or the bible.
We are told to always have a reason for our belief/faith.
So start looking for answers, your minister is always a good place to start and start looking for another church if he cannot help you.
sites to look at, coldcasechristianity, answersingenesis ( you don't have to be yec to use this site, but with there starting point that the bible is reliable etc it is a good site to be aware of ) reasonablefaith is good for logical debate, thepoachedegg is good for links to many oyher apologetic sites.

What you are doing in researching answers to questions and doubts is fulfilling Romans 12 v 1+2 which parapharased says have 'bible biased brains'.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's perfectly fine to have those sorts of questions.

In fact, in a way, it's completely normal. Most of us, when we go through a phase of growing into a new level of maturity, have to go through a process of re-evaluating, and adjusting our understanding, from what it was before. That's a very well-recognised phenomenon and most adults do it in some way, on average, every seven years or so (with key life events or transitions often triggering particularly dramatic new phases).

The sorts of questions you've been asking, the sort of exploring you're doing... it's exactly what I'd expect to see from someone who maybe is growing a lot in themselves and trying to figure out how their understandings and beliefs fit with what has grown. Don't beat yourself up about it; maybe take it as a sign that God is doing good things in you, maybe even before you've fully recognised it yourself. :)

Upvote 0