✟83,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aaron made the gold calf, and the Israelites worshipped it in Ex 32:

30 The next day Moses said to the people, “You have sinned a great sin. And now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.” 31So Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Alas, this people has sinned a great sin. They have made for themselves gods of gold. 32But now, if you will forgive their sin—but if not, please blot me out of your book that you have written.”
Was Moses talking about the book of eternal life?

It was ambiguous. He might be thinking: Forgive your people. If not, then kill me too. Then comes the afterlife.

33 But the LORD said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book.
But then, the LORD seemed to be talking about the book of eternal life.

34 But now go, lead the people to the place about which I have spoken to you; behold, my angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit, I will visit their sin upon them.”
God did not blot out Moses' name from the book, but he would blot out some of the Israelites' names.

People complained about the lack of meat in Numbers 11:

13 "Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they weep before me [Moses] and say, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ 14I am not able to carry all this people alone; the burden is too heavy for me. 15 If you will treat me like this, kill me at once, if I find favor in your sight, that I may not see my wretchedness.”
Once again Moses interceded for the people with his willingness to die.

Moses knew something of the concept of the afterlife/Sheol. More than a millennium later, Jesus articulated the resurrection of the dead and judgment.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Aaron made the gold calf, and the Israelites worshipped it in Ex 32:

It was ambiguous. He might be thinking: Forgive your people. If not, then kill me too. Then comes the afterlife.

But then, the LORD seemed to be talking about the book of eternal life.

God did not blot out Moses' name from the book, but he would blot out some of the Israelites' names.

People complained about the lack of meat in Numbers 11:

Once again Moses interceded for the people with his willingness to die.

Moses knew something of the concept of the afterlife/Sheol. More than a millennium later, Jesus articulated the resurrection of the dead and judgment.
The idea is repeated in the new testament:

Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:5 - He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We read about this book in Revelation 3:5 as well as other places in the Bible. "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and" ...

I believe every name is written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4 "
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Matthew 25:34
Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0