Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am so miserable. This past October I was diagnosed with PTSD due to emotional and verbal abuse (and physical) abuse my a former teacher in junior high/high school. Also, I grew up in a household where extreme alcohol abuse occurred.

I deal with so much anxiety 24/7 and I feel like my lexapro 20mg is not working. My mind is my own pure hell.

Life is so hard. God, be merciful to me! A sinner! :'(

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida

Nikti

Jul 9, 2015
Australia
✟15,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lord have Mercy.
I'm so sorry to hear this RileyG, my sister suffers from PTSD as well so I can understand first hand how emotionally, psychologically and physically debilitating it can be on the one who suffers :( She hardly leaves the house, and has anxiety over the most basic things.
You are in my prayers.

I have this psalm in my prayer rule, it came to mind reading this..

Psalm 143
1 Hear my prayer, O LORD,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.
2 Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
For in Your sight no one living is righteous.

3 For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in darkness,
Like those who have long been dead.
4 Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart within me is distressed.

5 I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land.

7 Answer me speedily, O LORD;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.

9 Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

11 Revive me, O LORD, for Your name’s sake!
For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am so miserable. This past October I was diagnosed with PTSD due to emotional and verbal abuse (and physical) abuse my a former teacher in junior high/high school. Also, I grew up in a household where extreme alcohol abuse occurred.

I deal with so much anxiety 24/7 and I feel like my lexapro 20mg is not working. My mind is my own pure hell.

Me too. It's not fun. Work the program, try to stay calm, and I'm praying for you.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

When I get flash backs or any of the other PTSD boys and girls get a flashback, we merely go to one, or ones like us, and talk.

I learned this from others like me, and it works.

Amazingly, what you went though gives you everything in common with pulled the trigger types of combat veterans. That I learned, when for the first time I started working with the civilian variety of PTSD people, and I started with civilian women.

I was so stunned and so worried, that before I shared with her what caused mine and that if some of my fellow PTSD types, which is actually having to kill others in war for some of them that I quickly told her to go to The Oregon National Guard for support because she has everything in common with them except what caused her PTSD.

I then shared details, yes details with her on what caused Lennies PTSD, and then she was better in her relationships and she didn't know why.

None of my type, knows why one old geezer with PTSD, or geezette with PTSD, sharing with another PTSD type every 90 days works. We don't.

It just does and you for life Parent Society, in protecting others from becoming like you, in the ways you were abused as you will intercede on the part of innocents without even knowing at the time that you are doing that.

In ways you can no longer be or live, vicariously live through the smiles and actions of those who can live like that because you and other Warriors have Zoarented Them.

The parenting part, understanding it comes later, if you do not already experience that now.

LOVE,
...Mary Katie., .... .

I am, sorry this was so sloppy and messy. However, actually coming here to talk to you helps, me.

Tonight after a particularly grueling battle with a verbal abuser, I was in a flash back from incidents in my earlier life, alone those lines.

I was so severly abused verbally, that when I was asked if I was ever and given a set of questions about it, most of the questions on verbal abuse, I answer no to, honestly.

They had another set of questions though, on verbal abuse. It was for severe cases of verbal abuse. 80% of those I answered yes to.

It is in also talking to ones like me, You and Armoured, after an engagement that lets me calm down for awhile, and then almost be like I never ever had PTSD. Ever. That is not true, but I get some relief from talking to ones like me, and to me total relief, but it comes in 90 day chunks of time.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Hi,

And RileyG, I am signing off for awhile, to pray for you. Just for you as much as I can.

Also, with my heart, I am circling your heart, and telling you that you are okay, loved, and wonderful.

Bye4now.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Reactions: Nikti
Upvote 0

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I am so sorry to hear that, really... God, have mercy on us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abel Gkiouzelis

The Smile of God in your heart
Feb 25, 2016
Greece
Visit site
✟30,904.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate

God bless you dear Riley!!!! You are in my prayer! :) How are you now?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prabhu Yeshu Masih, Khuda ka Beta, kripya daya karo. Amin. +++ Can empathize and sympathize. God's Messiah be near to you, comfort you, hold you, bless you, and strengthen you. In Christ, you are so much more able than you know, no matter how falling apart you may feel. When everything is falling down, cry out to Him. Our Master is Love.

Upvote 0