I hate when people take simple scripture and interpret it to mean what they want

Pilgrims hope

Feb 22, 2020
Washington
✟15,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In studying "all the counsel of God', one can see that the Israelites of OT times ARE responsible for the killing of Jesus; for pressing the conquerors of Rome to do it. That is a separated issue to all else that Israel of olden times did to kill the Lord Jesus, their Messiah; and they have thus been rejected ever since.
Let us not get occupied with criticizing words, and understand the message of God.
Picking at Words missed the truth; but comparing Scripture with Scripture in the New Testament, we can see the full picture.
As the original OP stated herein: 'people take simple statements' and build a belief or argument. I agree with the OP that it is wrong; and not only, but playing into the hands of Satan to divide and scatter the saints over a few words.

“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus actually carried out Gods Will in willingly laying his life down for the sins of all people . The Jews accused and condemned him and Gentiles carried it out by Gods Will and foreknowledge it was done .

man is at fault because we’ve all sinned and Christ gave his life to save us all who will believe his true gospel

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1, 14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods will put Christ on the cross his Will to save his creation

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Pilgrims hope

Feb 22, 2020
Washington
✟15,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ummm, to be precise, the sinful elect killed Christ as without their need for redemption unto salvation for their sins, ie, if they never chose to become sinful in HIS sight, He would not have needed to die.

We’re all guilty of sin which is why he died
“The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭14:2-3‬ ‭

before israel was chosen God had created all men only after man fell
Into sin we’re the children of Israel chosen by abrams promise but Abraham’s promise was not for Israel
Only

“And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭12:

“And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:16-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the blessing comes from here into all nations

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Which means this

“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:27-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

all Have sinned in his sight Jew and gentile so all can be saved jew and gentile by the same lord

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am very familiar with the letter to the Romans. Here is a summary of Paul's narration in the letter to the Romans.

Romans 9:30-32
What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works.

Oh I see. Taking three verses out of context from Paul's longest epistle proves nothing. As the OP says, "I hate when people take simple scripture and interpret it to mean what they want".

Here is a better three verse summary: Romans 7:4-6, " So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you could be joined to another, to the one who was raised from the dead, to bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful desires, aroused by the law, were active in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the law, because we have died to what controlled us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit and not under the old written code."

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh I see. Taking three verses out of context from Paul's longest epistle proves nothing. As the OP says, "I hate when people take simple scripture and interpret it to mean what they want".

Here is a better three verse summary: Romans 7:4-6, " So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you could be joined to another, to the one who was raised from the dead, to bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful desires, aroused by the law, were active in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the law, because we have died to what controlled us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit and not under the old written code."
Do you understand the quotation you just posted?

When Paul wrote the letter to the Romans, pescador.

Who were the people that were under the law?

"But now we have been released from the law"

Is Paul talking to the Jews or the Gentiles in that quotation (Romans 7:4-6)?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you understand the quotation you just posted?

When Paul wrote the letter to the Romans, pescador.

Who were the people that were under the law?

"But now we have been released from the law"

Is Paul talking to the Jews or the Gentiles in that quotation (Romans 7:4-6)?

Paul's letter was written to the church in Rome, which was composed of both Jews and Gentiles, as well as to us (which is why it has been retained a Scripture for almost 2,000 years).

Taking a few verses out of context from Paul's lengthy epistles to try to prove a fallacious point is the worst kind of exegesis.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul's letter was written to the church in Rome, which was composed of both Jews and Gentiles, as well as to us (which is why it has been retained a Scripture for almost 2,000 years).

Taking a few verses out of context from Paul's lengthy epistles to try to prove a fallacious point is the worst kind of exegesis.
So your saying that the Gentiles were under the law, the same as the Jews?

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟35,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It frustrates me too. Once you have all the plain basic fundamentals in place, you build on that and continue - like building a house. And of course, to understand revelations to perfection, yes, that is Next level.
Big problem is that most Christians do no have basics in place. For example your quote on "Forgive" is in the context of all that Jesus taught about forgiveness. "If your brother repents, forgive him..." Few disciples/learners these days. And that is more frustrating... Love…When Basics Become Heresies

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟35,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The title says it all. I just listened to a sermon about the verse where Jesus says "unless you forgive others your Heavenly Father will not forgive you" and then proceeded to say "That might sound like if you don't forgive others you're going to hell, but I think it means this..."

Like bro Jesus literally simplified it to forgive or you won't be forgiven, that's what it means it's not some complicated thing that cannot be comprehended or needs 10 years of study in the greek to truly translate it better than experts who translate scripture and is their job.

Just wanted to vent my frustration when people overcomplicate scripture that is very simply put.
Basics of Scriptural Interpretation, It does not depend on your opinion. Of Ponds and Pitfalls

Upvote 0