Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be honest, it was more confusing than anything else. It was a new restaurant and you walked around a corner into a common sink area with a back wall and stalls on two-sides. The walls of the stalls went completely from floor to ceiling, and the door went from the floor to about 8 feet up, with a window above the door to let more light in, you had complete privacy.
I don't think that design is exclusive to gender neutral restrooms. I've seen similar stall designs used at the Flying J at the border of Arizona & California. Instead of flimsy installed stalls, they built walls between the toilets.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Just so we are clear, the person in question, in the picture I posted, by law in states such as North Carolina, would be required to use the ladies room.

I posted it as an example of a "careful what you wish for" moment of reflection for our anti-bathroom freedom friends.

In every single thread on this subject that I've seen, the question of where trans men should use the bathroom comes up, and no one who opposes allowing trans men and women to use the bathroom they identify with ever answers it.

They must think that ignoring the question means it will just go away...

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now you're changing the subject, the bathrooms at Target are not related to gender-neutral bathrooms. This is more a problem on your part where you wish to conflate everything as if it's one subject. Next thing you'll probably complain about laws expanding changing rooms in men's bathrooms. It fits, there is bathroom in the subject!

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. Try again. You'll get it eventually.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just so we are clear, the person in question, in the picture I posted, by law in states such as North Carolina, would be required to use the ladies room.

I posted it as an example of a "careful what you wish for" moment of reflection for our anti-bathroom freedom friends.

Oh no, we have a blue on blue situation there! My bad!

Christian Value President?
That's funny. Well, it would be if it weren't so not funny.

Well he was marketed as such, and the Evangelicals voted for him in record ratios, more so than for "one of them", Bush II, or other recent Republican candidates.

He is at the very least the Evangelical value president, if not Christian value one. If he wasn't, such a majority of them would never have voted for him in such record numbers. It is a phenomenon worth analyzing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He is at the very least the Evangelical value president, if not Christian value one. If he wasn't, such a majority of them would never have voted for him in such record numbers. It is a phenomenon worth analyzing.

This has been talked about many times before the election. People voted for him because they didn't want Clinton. If someone didn't want Clinton, but wanted a Christian president, they'd either have to sit out the election, or vote for someone who had no chance of winning. Sometimes you just have to work with the best of two options. Those two options where Trump or Clinton. Most Christians who voted decided Trump was the best between the two.

Remember also, it's not just the personality of the president that was at stake. It was also the SCOTUS appointments, among other things that had to be considered.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This has been talked about many times before the election. People voted for him because they didn't want Clinton. If someone didn't want Clinton, but wanted a Christian president, they'd either have to sit out the election, or vote for someone who had no chance of winning. Sometimes you just have to work with the best of two options. Those two options where Trump or Clinton. Most Christians who voted decided Trump was the best between the two.

Remember also, it's not just the personality of the president that was at stake. It was also the SCOTUS appointments, among other things that had to be considered.

I know this is the official narrative.

But as I have noticed many inconsistencies in the narratives offered by this same group over the years, I rather make my own conclusions based on their actions than believe the official narratives.

Your moving avatar makes me want to ignore you btw. could you choose a non-moving one?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know this is the official narrative.

But as I have noticed many inconsistencies in the narratives offered by this same group over the years, I rather make my own conclusions based on their actions than believe the official narratives.

It's my own narrative as well. I wanted Ted Cruz, but he didn't make it past the primaries. So I had to go with the best option available to me. Clinton wasn't it, and Trump had the best chance against her.

Your moving avatar makes me want to ignore you btw. could you choose a non-moving one?

I suppose I could. I've had this one for awhile, so I guess it's time for a change. It might be a few days though, so bear with me.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's my own narrative as well. I wanted Ted Cruz, but he didn't make it past the primaries. So I had to go with the best option available to me. Clinton wasn't it, and Trump had the best chance against her.

Well, that's your perception of your own motives, no comment on that.

Generally speaking, such reluctant voting - narrative doesn't add up with the record numbers of support for Trump. Chances are there are hidden factors, and I have a bit different theory about them.

But this is not the thread to go in detail with this.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This, however, would be a great thread to discuss where trans men should go to the bathroom...

They can go where their birth certificate says they should go. That's what I do. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They can go where their birth certificate says they should go. That's what I do. :wave:

Cool. So you're fine with trans men, who... look like men... being forced to use the women's room. Freaking out women who would... normally... be freaked out by men in the ladies room.

Nope, don't see any problem with that at all.

Wait, no.

That's an incredibly short sighted idea...

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Cool. So you're fine with trans men, who... look like men... being forced to use the women's room. Freaking out women who would... normally... be freaked out by men in the ladies room.

Nope, don't see any problem with that at all.

Wait, no.

That's an incredibly short sighted idea...
They often don't think these ideas through, then complain about gender-neutral bathrooms, a completely separate topic.

They don't want people that look like men in the same space as people that look like women, but that's what they demand in the scenario stated above. Ironically, they hate the idea of gender-neutral bathrooms because it would create a space where people that look like men would be in the same space as people that look like women.

Attacking the LGBT community is considered the "in" thing to do since racism is no longer a good look, so it's best to target another marginalized community.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Attacking the LGBT community is considered the "in" thing to do since racism is no longer a good look, so it's best to target another marginalized community.

I'm not so sure racism isn't going to be "in" again. While Trump doesn't have a mandate from the people, his more... deplorable... supporters definitely think they do...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So you want this person to be forced by the state use the ladies room.
Got it.

Buck-Angel-Speaking.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How about this compromise: Everyone goes into the same bathroom as the people he doesn't want to molest.

So we get 5 bathrooms:

One Bathroom for men who don't want to molest men.
One Bathroom for men who don't want to molest women.
One Bathroom for women who don't want to molest women.
One Bathroom for women who don't want to molest men.
aaaand one Bathroom for people of either gender who want to molest both genders.

• Winner
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They often don't think these ideas through, then complain about gender-neutral bathrooms, a completely separate topic.

They don't want people that look like men in the same space as people that look like women, but that's what they demand in the scenario stated above. Ironically, they hate the idea of gender-neutral bathrooms because it would create a space where people that look like men would be in the same space as people that look like women.

Those men who look like women only look that way because they want to look that way. They themselves made that change. But you want me to accept a man going into a women's restroom because of a decision they made. They weren't "forced" to change their appearance into that of a woman. So they aren't being forced to use their own restroom either.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not so sure racism isn't going to be "in" again. While Trump doesn't have a mandate from the people, his more... deplorable... supporters definitely think they do...

Hillary? Is that you? No wonder you didn't win when you say things like that! ^_^

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Those men who look like women only look that way because they want to look that way. They themselves made that change. But you want me to accept a man going into a women's restroom because of a decision they made. They weren't "forced" to change their appearance into that of a woman. So they aren't being forced to use their own restroom either.

So you still think that trans men should be forced to use the ladies room?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you still think that trans men should be forced to use the ladies room?

Were they forced to look like a man? If not, then they're not forced to do anything as a result.

Upvote 0