North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
To be honest, it was more confusing than anything else. It was a new restaurant and you walked around a corner into a common sink area with a back wall and stalls on two-sides. The walls of the stalls went completely from floor to ceiling, and the door went from the floor to about 8 feet up, with a window above the door to let more light in, you had complete privacy.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gross. I mean I could use the bathroom if I had too but I don't believe in gender neutral bathrooms. What they should do is create a third bathroom for "gender neutral". Like at one place we usaed to go to there was a mans, a womans and a "family" bathroom. Where usually you would go if you had little kids so its just not one gender or the other.

I'm more concerned about pervy men looking at woman then I am woman looking at men. I mean the vast majority of americans (including christians) have looked at inappropriate content or have an addiction to it. So with that many polluted minds, a bathroom where both can use it is a bad idea. One of the most common "inappropriate content" things online aside from sex is hidden video stuff. Especially bathrooms. This gives pervs easy access to be pervy. >.<

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I first used a restroom with a similar layout as a young child, years before the term gender neutral was used to describe public restrooms open to everyone. The first one I actually remember going to was in Auckland in 04, and the sign on the door simply said Toilets. It wasn't in the slightest bit discomfiting for me or my brothers, though it was momentarily confusing because of uncertainty over whether we could use any stall, or if there was one side for males or one for females. We figured it out fast and were fine. We lived in Europe then, and it was common in some areas to have to pay to use public restrooms, and they were often coed, so that aspect wasn't bothersome at all. We'd know what to do there because of the attendant collecting the money. If there were separate sides for the genders that would be indicated, otherwise we'd just be directed into the room and the first empty stall.

On my campus there are gender neutral restrooms with a layout like described. They're preferred my many because they actually offer a higher level of privacy than in the single gender restrooms that have the doors that don't go all the way to the floor and little gaps on the side of them you can totally see through. Another perk for women is that the lines tend to be much shorter, so we can go and then get on our way. Our campus is massive, and if you only have ten minutes between classes waiting in line to use the restroom sucks up too time.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I've yet been in one that had stalls. Just the normal one-stall public restroom that's used by everyone.

I don't think it'd be a big deal, though. Just put the urinals around a corner, or even omit them completely and have everyone use stalls.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never quite get the fear that "pervy" men are going to look at women, since we already have men's restrooms, a lot of men are attracted to other men...so what makes that okay? Not arguing, just saying, seems like if that's a concern for unisex restrooms, that it would have been a concern already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I never quite get the fear that "pervy" men are going to look at women, since we already have men's restrooms, a lot of men are attracted to other men...so what makes that okay? Not arguing, just saying, seems like if that's a concern for unisex restrooms, that it would have been a concern already.
Not to mention the restroom I was in was even more private than a typical restroom, it would require a latter to see into the stalls, if the windows were even two way.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I think the big concern right now isn't about bathrooms that are labeled as unisex or neutral. It more like when there is a Men's and Women's restroom clearly marked, and then the policy of the establishment is to allow people of the opposite sex to go into the other's restroom.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are aware that "pervy man" are able to see women outside of bathrooms too, right?

Yeah! No reason not to give them access to women while their pants are down, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah! No reason not to give them access to women while their pants are down, right?

Maybe I've lived a sheltered life. It seems to me that men who want to behave poorly find and create plenty of opportunities to do so, and that hassling or attacking a woman when literally anyone could walk in and a whole store filled with people is just a scream away is hardly a "great" time to do that stuff...and if there IS no one around, then some evil man could just sneak in and be evil anyway.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I've lived a sheltered life. It seems to me that men who want to behave poorly find and create plenty of opportunities to do so, and that hassling or attacking a woman when literally anyone could walk in and a whole store filled with people is just a scream away is hardly a "great" time to do that stuff...and if there IS no one around, then some evil man could just sneak in and be evil anyway.

Then let them create their own opportunities. No need to create more for them. What's wrong with keeping safeguards in place? Don't you think there are men/women and boy/girl restrooms for a good reason?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To be honest, I was never really sure what the reason was, but that's just another on the long list of things I don't understand, which I guess is my own fault.

But if that's the case, why not have separate restrooms for adult men and young boys, since many men (sadly) have shown interest in violating boys when they have the chance, and young children are even more vulnerable? I don't understand why this argument is never made.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are aware that "pervy man" are able to see women outside of bathrooms too, right?
I think you missed my point though. They can see the women outside yes, but in the bathrooms they can see them half naked and "using" the toilet. In the inappropriate content world of hidden camera stuff, the biggest thing is watching women pee and defecate. And in some cases they put cameras in toilets so they can see their lady bits and everything else that.... "expells" from them.

And sadly thanks to better technology people are putting minicams at the top of their shoes to look into other stalls. Or in some cases over stall walls...etc. Though in some cases the guys have their GF do it or mess with their shoes. Point on this is that with everyone using one bathroom, now its easy to record women (and men). On Google I typed in the key words and it has 8.1 million results for pages filled with pictures and videos (no I didn't go to the pages). Actually the subject of hidden video stuff turns up 267,000,000 results. So probably billions of stuff out there.

Also this is why I never use public restrooms period. Unless I have like no choice. Which is super rare.

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think you missed my point though. They can see the women outside yes, but in the bathrooms they can see them half naked and "using" the toilet.
First of all, what?

Second of all, I would be just as uncomfortable with a transitioned transman having to share a bathroom with me as I would be having a biological male walk in. It's not like I would know that the person doesn't have a penis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And sadly thanks to better technology people are putting minicams at the top of their shoes to look into other stalls. Or in some cases over stall walls...etc.
And how is this kind of inappropriate content created without gender neutral bathrooms?

Could it be that women create it? They wear shoes too, right? They don't even have to like the stuff themselves, just be willing to create it for the money.

Anyway, such a thing would be impossible in this gender neutral bathroom, read its description, the walls went from floor to ceiling. If you are so afraid of such a thing, this bathroom would be far safer than any normal one.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, what?

Second of all, I would be just as uncomfortable with a transitioned transman having to share a bathroom with me as I would be having a biological male walk in. It's not like I would know that the person doesn't have a penis.
Well I can't put into detail because of the rules here obviously.

True, if they are like that you can't really know. Still I'd be creeped out not knowing.

And how is this kind of inappropriate content created without gender neutral bathrooms?

Could it be that women create it? They wear shoes too, right? They don't even have to like the stuff themselves, just be willing to create it for the money.

Anyway, such a thing would be impossible in this gender neutral bathroom, read its description, the walls went from floor to ceiling. If you are so afraid of such a thing, this bathroom would be far safer than any normal one.
The inappropriate content is created easily in normal bathrooms. Well yeah I'm sure some women film the stuff to, maybe GF of a guy. And thats true, its probably profitable.

Well if the walls go from top to bottom, then yes it would be harder. However unless theres a law that says the walls have to be like that, then no bathroom would have to have the high walls. Even if they did, that still leaves ways to do it. Ceilings. Holes in walls. Hidden cameras in the toilet. Not sure how people don't notice them but camera toilets seem to be a big thing. Of course I'm not sure if anyone really examines a toilet before using it. You just make sure its not dirty and sit down really.

And inappropriate content topic aside, I still don't want to be in a bathroom with anyone unless they are my sex. And obviously as a christian I don't believe a woman who became a man counts as a man. Though I'm sure way before these things were talked about, trans have used bathrooms of the opposite sex.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The suggestion that unisex bathrooms will lead to more sexual assault is ridiculous. If there is a hidden camera in a gendered bathroom stall, it should tell you that someone installing a camera is obviously not stopped by whether a bathroom is gendered or unisex. As for the claims of inappropriate contentography, did you ever think that such websites might actually be fake hidden camera sites? Not every website with "hidden" in the title is genuine, much like YouTube prank videos (which are all staged).

• Agree
Reactions: lunastella
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They've always had access to women in girl bathrooms. It's not like there're security guards at every bathroom.

Upvote 0