I found myself in one of those gender-neutral restrooms

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The inappropriate content is created easily in normal bathrooms. Well yeah I'm sure some women film the stuff to, maybe GF of a guy. And thats true, its probably profitable.

Well if the walls go from top to bottom, then yes it would be harder. However unless theres a law that says the walls have to be like that, then no bathroom would have to have the high walls. Even if they did, that still leaves ways to do it. Ceilings. Holes in walls. Hidden cameras in the toilet. Not sure how people don't notice them but camera toilets seem to be a big thing. Of course I'm not sure if anyone really examines a toilet before using it. You just make sure its not dirty and sit down really.
But all of this already holds true for seperate bathrooms, so your "hidden camera inappropriate content" argument just holds no water. If hidden camera inappropriate content is created in seperate gender bathrooms, then steps should be taken to make all arguments safer, not to block gender neutral bathrooms, because they obviously aren't the root of the Problem.

And inappropriate content topic aside, I still don't want to be in a bathroom with anyone unless they are my sex. And obviously as a christian I don't believe a woman who became a man counts as a man. Though I'm sure way before these things were talked about, trans have used bathrooms of the opposite sex.

And I don't want to be in the same bathroom with Neo-Nazis or drunken musclemen twice my weight. Personal preferences of some individuals alone aren't enough. If you don't want to go into a gender-neutral bathroom, then don't, but don't make it illegal for them to exist.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you missed my point though. They can see the women outside yes, but in the bathrooms they can see them half naked and "using" the toilet. In the inappropriate content world of hidden camera stuff, the biggest thing is watching women pee and defecate. And in some cases they put cameras in toilets so they can see their lady bits and everything else that.... "expells" from them.

And sadly thanks to better technology people are putting minicams at the top of their shoes to look into other stalls. Or in some cases over stall walls...etc. Though in some cases the guys have their GF do it or mess with their shoes. Point on this is that with everyone using one bathroom, now its easy to record women (and men). On Google I typed in the key words and it has 8.1 million results for pages filled with pictures and videos (no I didn't go to the pages). Actually the subject of hidden video stuff turns up 267,000,000 results. So probably billions of stuff out there.

Also this is why I never use public restrooms period. Unless I have like no choice. Which is super rare.

I don't think that secret videos of women peeing is a "big" thing in inappropriate contentography or even common enough to be remotely a concern. If I had to guess, most of those 8.1 million results are the same video on multiple sites and filmed with inappropriate content actresses. You're making an issue where there is no issue, such videos you're concerned about, if they do exist, aren't going to be found outside of the dark web.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I don't want to be in the same bathroom with Neo-Nazis or drunken musclemen twice my weight. Personal preferences of some individuals alone aren't enough. If you don't want to go into a gender-neutral bathroom, then don't, but don't make it illegal for them to exist.
Well if they remove gender bathrooms and replace them with just one bathroom, then I do care and don't want to use that kind of bathroom. But if they have one separate, then thats fine.

I don't think that secret videos of women peeing is a "big" thing in inappropriate contentography or even common enough to be remotely a concern. If I had to guess, most of those 8.1 million results are the same video on multiple sites and filmed with inappropriate content actresses. You're making an issue where there is no issue, such videos you're concerned about, if they do exist, aren't going to be found outside of the dark web.
The videos aren't inappropriate content stars. Hence hidden camera illegally spying on real people. The whole "voyeur" thing is very common. By voyeur I mean more then just bathroom stuff. Hidden cameras in everything you can think of. Locally there are stories to often of people using hidden cameras in restroom, changing rooms, locker rooms, shower rooms, coed places, even in homes...etc.

The dark web is mainly where child inappropriate content is (well and necrophilia). Because every other kind of inappropriate content is on the regular web sadly.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hidden cameras in everything you can think of. Locally there are stories to often of people using hidden cameras in restroom, changing rooms, locker rooms, shower rooms, coed places, even in homes...etc.

No, hidden cameras are not placed everywhere by voyeurists trying to spy on people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but usually when it does, people find out about it quickly, but it's not something that people really have to worry about.

The dark web is mainly where child inappropriate content is (well and necrophilia). Because every other kind of inappropriate content is on the regular web sadly.

It's illegal to film people like that without their consent so if these videos were on regular inappropriate content sites, the sites would be shut down.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, hidden cameras are not placed everywhere by voyeurists trying to spy on people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but usually when it does, people find out about it quickly, but it's not something that people really have to worry about.

It's illegal to film people like that without their consent so if these videos were on regular inappropriate content sites, the sites would be shut down.
Unless the person sees themselves in the video then they will never know nor complain about said videos. Hence it won't get shut down. And even though it is illegal per say, they just can't shut the site down. Its why so many of the sites exist. There are always loopholes that let them get around it.

BTW I should point out I was a former inappropriate content addict. So I know the world of inappropriate content deeply (again sadly). There are also videos of men recording themselves having sex with whoever then they post it online. Again its supposedly illegal but the sites don't get taken down. inappropriate content is more and more accepted sadly. Now... there is the new law about revenge inappropriate content can get you in trouble. As in you use private media you had of someone you were with then posted it online after a split, it can be taken down and you go to jail.

I should also mention inappropriate content doesn't just mean videos of inappropriate content stars. inappropriate content can mean anything with nudity that is explicit. Also this is why I know about hidden cameras so well, while I was never really into that, people would talk about how easy it is to find ways to record people and put it online without getting in trouble. Especially if they do so anonymously or through a VPN (essentially they can't trace your IP).

Then again maybe I am just paranoid. I realize odds are that 99% of the places you "could" be seen naked are safe. But with technology getting better and cameras the size of a pen tip now, you never know anymore.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well if they remove gender bathrooms and replace them with just one bathroom, then I do care and don't want to use that kind of bathroom. But if they have one separate, then thats fine.

Don't frequent places that lack a bathroom of your choice. The market will do the rest.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Unless the person sees themselves in the video then they will never know nor complain about said videos. Hence it won't get shut down. And even though it is illegal per say, they just can't shut the site down. Its why so many of the sites exist. There are always loopholes that let them get around it.

BTW I should point out I was a former inappropriate content addict. So I know the world of inappropriate content deeply (again sadly). There are also videos of men recording themselves having sex with whoever then they post it online. Again its supposedly illegal but the sites don't get taken down. inappropriate content is more and more accepted sadly. Now... there is the new law about revenge inappropriate content can get you in trouble. As in you use private media you had of someone you were with then posted it online after a split, it can be taken down and you go to jail.

I should also mention inappropriate content doesn't just mean videos of inappropriate content stars. inappropriate content can mean anything with nudity that is explicit. Also this is why I know about hidden cameras so well, while I was never really into that, people would talk about how easy it is to find ways to record people and put it online without getting in trouble. Especially if they do so anonymously or through a VPN (essentially they can't trace your IP).

Then again maybe I am just paranoid. I realize odds are that 99% of the places you "could" be seen naked are safe. But with technology getting better and cameras the size of a pen tip now, you never know anymore.
Would you mind posting.. let's say, 3 cases of people being filmed on the toilet against their will?

Not the videos, of course. Just some news report about an indictment or something like that. Just so that I know that such things truly exist outside of your head.

• Agree
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Awesome.

So, how do we deal with this problem?

For one thing, not making it even easier by having policies that allow "men" to use the women's restroom.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
For one thing, not making it even easier by having policies that allow "men" to use the women's restroom.

How does that help? It doesn't seem like the stories you mentioned are about 'men' 'pretending' to be 'women' being in the women's restroom in order to use it for its intended purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Comeon, you were doing well and proposing a step to stop the problem from worsening. Now, what should be done to lower the problem?

Surely this is about stopping the problem, right?

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think I have learned more about inappropriate contentography from CF than any other place. I am a bit surprised that there are so many experts on the subject however.

(Disclaimer - popping on here from phone for a second, and did not read the posts prior to yours, but this one stood out. So sorry for lack of context, and for length; I ramble like crazy when I'm stressed, ha). I'm not being hyperbolic when I state that on this forum I've been exposed to the vilest inappropriate content I've ever seen. I joined here young, but I'd been active on the internet for years prior to that, and wasn't sheltered, though I never ventured to sites that are purposefully for inappropriate content. I did have a horrible ransomware virus on my laptop in middle school that put grotesque inappropriate contentographic images on it, but what was here was even worse than that. There was this thread in the teen section about boys and sexual temptations, and a link. I looked at the poster's profile before clicking on it and saw that he'd made the same thread in the Baptist section hours earlier, and it hadn't been deleted, so I thought it was safe. I clicked the link and immediately wanted to scrub my eyes and pour a gallon of bleach into my brain. It was beyond sick. Like literally just thinking about it today still makes my stomach sour.

I also learned about all sorts of freaky fetishes through here.

And then there was the guy who had started off really friendly in our section, soliciting my advice, who just exploded in anger when I refused to connect with him on Facebook, and so he bombarded me with gross inappropriate content images. Just last week there was a thread ranting about atheists who "believe" in evolution, followed by cartoon inappropriate content. Not even kidding. There's actually cartoon inappropriate content. o_O Why. Oh why.

Anyways. So back to the topic! It's final exam week, with tests running from 8:30 to 11:30, 12:15-3:15, 3:30-6:30, and 7:00-10:00 now through Friday. Most people only have one or two finals in a day, and hopefully not back-to-back. But one of my friends has three today. Gender neutral restrooms legitimately help out because everyone is needing to use the restroom at the same time, and the lines for them are considerably shorter than the ones only for women. Minutes count when you need to try to make it across campus, go to the restroom, and have a snack / lunch / dinner with that short of a turnaround time. And I've yet to meet anyone who gives a flying frickadoodle about the presence of someone opposite sex in the same restroom. Maybe it's a blessing of having far too many other things to think about in your day.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you mind posting.. let's say, 3 cases of people being filmed on the toilet against their will?

Not the videos, of course. Just some news report about an indictment or something like that. Just so that I know that such things truly exist outside of your head.
I'm not sure I follow. I mean any video of someone being "voyeur'ed" is against their will. The whole point is to record them without them knowing it so someone can share it online and be pervy. So go to any inappropriate content site and you will see tens of thousands of "against their will" recordings.

I mean if you don't know the camera is there then its against your will. If they seen the camera then obviously they would probably smash it to pieces because no one wants to be filmed like that.

I think I have learned more about inappropriate contentography from CF than any other place. I am a bit surprised that there are so many experts on the subject however.
Shouldn't be surprising really. Last number I seen was something like 85% of christians have seen inappropriate content or have an addiction. I'd imagine the "have an addiction" number of that 85% is higher. Looks at the inappropriate content addict forums here. Many people there. Its a massive problem in the church because inappropriate content is so taboo to christians that no one wants to admit it nor talk about it. So it just goes unchecked.

Lets face it, if you admitted to someone, even your pastor you had an addiction that would feel awkward. And even worse if someone started telling other people. I remember a small church we went to for 2 years or so. The pastor had me clean out viruses on his computer. He had child inappropriate content on it. Heck being a computer tech I'd say about 90% of computers I work on have inappropriate content on them. And out of all the "christian" computers I worked on about 50% do. Granted most of them ar from much older people. Where as the younger people usually fix their own pcs or know how to hide their stuff they look at.

Technology is a double-edged sword for christians.

Awesome.

So, how do we deal with this problem?
We don't. More so we can't really. Its just like with hackers. For every step you take, they take two more steps ahead of you. Its a cat and mouse game forever. And like I said with microcameras existing and getting to the point of impossible to see just by glancing quick, things may get worse. However I'm sure maybe someone will event something that you carry in your pocket and when it detects a device that has a lens or something along those lines, it alerts you.

Exactly. I mean recording will take place even without these new bathrooms. But these new bathrooms mean pervs will try even harder because they no longer have to sneak into the other sexs bathroom.

And I've yet to meet anyone who gives a flying frickadoodle about the presence of someone opposite sex in the same restroom
Well on campus obviously things are fast paced. But trust me, theres plenty of voyeur junk from colleges. Not just bathrooms. Though if its a christian campus I am sure people don't care because they trust other christians not to do such things.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well on campus obviously things are fast paced. But trust me, theres plenty of voyeur junk from colleges. Not just bathrooms.

People have been the victims of depraved exploitative voyeurism in their own homes - through seedy landlords and repairmen who installed hidden cameras, and even by family members and friends who had been trusted. It's happened in hotel rooms, changing rooms, dorm rooms, locker rooms, hospital rooms, classrooms, and yes, bathrooms. Christians have violated the privacy of congregants and members visiting their church. So I'm aware that it happens on campus, too, but I'm not going to live in a state of perpetual paranoia about it. I see no logical reason to be worried about my privacy being invaded in gender neutral bathrooms, especially the ones on my campus where more privacy is provided in them than in single-gender ones.

Though if its a christian campus I am sure people don't care because they trust other christians not to do such things.

I go to Stanford; it's not a Christian college. The most infamous case of sexual assault in recent history took place by a dumpster, not in a bathroom, and it was stopped by two men biking past who saw and leapt into action to help her. Neither are Christians; they're just decent men who did the right thing. I think most of the men who are using gender neutral bathrooms at the same time as me would as well if anything inappropriate happened there. At conservative Christian colleges where there are no coed bathrooms, voyeurism and sexual assaults have occurred, too. I don't think we should trust that no Christian would do such things, but I also don't believe we should dwell in a state of mistrust and fear.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well, apparently, there is nothing that can be done and we just have to live with some perverts making voyeur inappropriate content on public restrooms. There is no solution to the problem and no steps can be attempted.

Except stopping gender neutral bathrooms, of course.

Upvote 0