• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel worthless...

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First of all let me say that you are not worthless. The Bible tells you that you are fearfully and wonderfully made...meaning God took his time to make you and make you great. You are not worthless because God the Father made you.

I know you may feel alone, but God is always there. He will never leave you. Pray and ask him for strength, not death. Go and find a good loving church. You know, sometimes fellow Christians and church family will be more loyal than biological family.

I will certainly pray for you and remember, to trust God. Things will get better!
(((((Melinda))))) and a BIG BIG welcome to CF, I thank you so much for your advice my dear sweet loving sister.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
...I am in the way here on this earth. I hate me. I have no family (they disowned me about 3 years ago), I have social phobia and I can't keep male friends. I really don't want to be here, I have been begging God to allow me to go home cause I feel that I am so worthless. As you can see in my sig the only male who cares for me is my guardian angel and I am 38 years old too.
I have always had a low selfesteme I was never taught the right way to cope and my mother was so into looks is everything and my father told me that I was boring a lot of times that I need to become more interesting.
I blame me for everything especially when people leave me out or gang up on me. I think it is me me me me all the time.
I hate me. :cry:
I just wanted to get my feelings out about my self esteme., thanks for listening.

Dear Flower, you are more important than you realise. I am sending you loving thoughts. Love, xTx

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...I am in the way here on this earth. I hate me. I have no family (they disowned me about 3 years ago), I have social phobia and I can't keep male friends. I really don't want to be here, I have been begging God to allow me to go home cause I feel that I am so worthless. As you can see in my sig the only male who cares for me is my guardian angel and I am 38 years old too.
I have always had a low selfesteme I was never taught the right way to cope and my mother was so into looks is everything and my father told me that I was boring a lot of times that I need to become more interesting.
I blame me for everything especially when people leave me out or gang up on me. I think it is me me me me all the time.
I just wanted to get my feelings out about my self esteme., thanks for listening.

MercyMe - Beautiful - YouTube

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Flower, you are more important than you realise. I am sending you loving thoughts. Love, xTx
:hug::hug::hug::hug: Thank you so much my dear sweet loving sister.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Sister in Christ you are so hard on yourself but you do so much to help others. Stop putting yourself down or I will come back to haunt you. I am dying of cancer so the Lord is using me to preach his gospel now. You want to know the complete and absolute gospel message? It is to learn to be compassionate not just with others but with yourself. Too simple? Not intellectual enough for you? I wrestle with God day and night (Jacob's ladder). It brings tears to my eyes that at my last moment of life I truly understand. I will always love you because love is eternal. I hope this does not make you cry but you have a very special place in heaven. I will be glad to see you there. I am just the janitor here. I am everyone's servant.
MY dear sweet loving brother. It should be ME not you dying of cancer. I feel that God is being unfair. You have a wonderful place in this world, I WISH I could take your place so badly. I am so teared up to hear that you are dying. Thank you for your kind words. Learning to love myself is a lot harder than it sounds, when you had no family who showed how to love one self cause they didn't love themseves. THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVING WORDS, YOU ARE A HUGE BLESSING dear brother REALLY you are. ((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))) I will miss you so much, who knows maybe there will be a maricle and God will let me take your place. I am so very saddened at this news. :( :( :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you dear brother.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Dan4Jesus

Apr 4, 2008
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are an angel, aflower4God, never forget that. You are beautiful and loved. We all love you here. Please don't feel bad about yourself. You said you haven't learned to love yourself? Its easy. Let it go. Let all your hurts go. The people who hurt you didn't know any better, and if they did, you are better off without them. You are loved by God. Don't let yourself be consumed by so many worries. Just let it go. You are a bright, beautiful, amazing lady. I want to build up your confidence so badly. You are a precious child of God, you know that? God loves you!! Rejoice in that! You may not feel that love, but if you would quiet yourself like a child and just let all these worrying thoughts flow by...God would reach your heart. He loves you and is going to take good care of you. DON'T WORRY!

I wanted to talk to you in private, but you disabled your PM's.

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are an angel, aflower4God, never forget that. You are beautiful and loved. We all love you here. Please don't feel bad about yourself. You said you haven't learned to love yourself? Its easy. Let it go. Let all your hurts go. The people who hurt you didn't know any better, and if they did, you are better off without them. You are loved by God. Don't let yourself be consumed by so many worries. Just let it go. You are a bright, beautiful, amazing lady. I want to build up your confidence so badly. You are a precious child of God, you know that? God loves you!! Rejoice in that! You may not feel that love, but if you would quiet yourself like a child and just let all these worrying thoughts flow by...God would reach your heart. He loves you and is going to take good care of you. DON'T WORRY!

I wanted to talk to you in private, but you disabled your PM's.
Thank you so much my dear sweet loving brother. ((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))) I will enable my PM's so we can talk. :) God bless you and LOTS of love to you :hug:'s

Flower, you have got to be one of the kindest and gentlest people I have met on this forum. Your heart is so sincere and you really love the Lord as well as others. I really mean that. I am blessed to call you my sister in Christ and my friend.

I am praying for you!
Awe thank you so much my dear sweet loving sister. You are so very sweet as well, you like a mother hen on here even though you are younger than me, but you and Sister Criada are always so kind and loving to everyone. Very fair and understanding as well. That is awesome.
God bless you as well sweet sister. :hug:
Much love to you both!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

hi i just want to let you know i can relate to how hard things must be for you right now.

because i had diff yet similiar exp....

many of my problems are still work in progress.

but God has always been there for me eventhough i do not deserve any of it, but maybe that is grace and love from our Heavenly Father is all about, He loves us simply because we are His beloved child, not because we earned it.

people may let you down, but He NEVER WILL.

i remember there was time when my life was at rock bottom ( i am slowly getting out of that place), and one day i was at the farewell party for this Christian. And her parting gesture was to give me a huge hug, and whispered in my ear " doesnt matter what happens, you need to have faith in Jesus"

at the time i though to myself " not likely". but you know what, she was right.

I'll pray for you....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums