Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to sin a lot before i was with god 2 months now and sometimes when i have a lot of fun i don't control my thoughts and sometimes want to swear or something sinful that i did in the past before i came to god or sometimes i say something sinful when something happens on accident.What can i do to stop this kind of things from happening?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I used to sin a lot before i was with god 2 months now and sometimes when i have a lot of fun i don't control my thoughts and sometimes want to swear or something sinful that i did in the past before i came to god or sometimes i say something sinful when something happens on accident.What can i do to stop this kind of things from happening?

1 Thessalonians 5
"16Rejoice at all times. 17Pray without ceasing. 18Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

Ask Abba to be your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc...and to Breathe His Ruach ha Kodesh (Holy Breath) into every aspect of your being...and raise you up in Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What can i do to stop this kind of things from happening?
Are you getting to church? Surrounding yourself with Godly friends helps.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And we need how God corrects our character > Hebrews 12:4-14.

And the Bible gives plenty about how to submit to God and relate in His love. But this comes with first how God changes our character so this is more and more natural for us.

We need to become submissive to God in His peace of His love which has us loving and caring for any and all people, and not only seeking to please ourselves.

"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Growing in the faith in not a straight line moving upwards.
It doesn't necessarily happen fast either.

One of the things you have to realize is that it is not us who grow, but rather our faith in us.
We fall short either way, so we have to become smaller and God (in us) has to increase.

So it's about faith in Him, not faith in ourselves.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear brother please don't be alarmed that this is happening to you. What you are experiencing now is the testing process to see if your love and faith are genuine. Please know in the Lord you will overcome anything the old throws at you and in the new you will grow into His glorious Kingdom, each day a bit more.

Yet now, during this time of falling away, it is for you to seek Jesus. What is taking you over now is your old life unredeemed from the flesh, your old habits and ways. All of this must die out of you. Before you can receive the new we need to die to sin. It is the process the bible calls sanctification where we keep dying to the old to receive the new.

Do understand that life in the flesh has no new Spirit and our existence in this part of ourselves isn't saved therefore. Rather we need to be saved from it by dying to its ways and finding new life in Christ in those parts of ourselves.

This is priority one on my daily to wish list. That Jesus would come and rescue me from my persecuting sinful existence and take me more and more into His glorious one. Where i die to the old me and am resurrected into the new.

Each day again this process is important to understand. For the rest of our lives we Christians fight the flesh we are dressed in. Until Jesus comes back on the clouds of Heaven or until we die to the old order of things.

As a new Christian i used to dread this process. Thinking that i would miss out and my life would become boring like my Church. Yet when i experienced what Jesus does for real in my heart, through His loving truth living within me, i changed my mind. A whole new life, me fighting my sins, brought me a whole new life.

For each time i would stop doing a sinful thing because i loved Him more than my sin He would bring me His kingdom in that part of my life. Ten thousand times ten thousand times better than before because of the love and His truth living within me. So instead of being ruled by selfishness and greed, as it is in the old order of things, i am more and more being ruled by God's truthful love. He is such an awesome king who teaches me about His holiness each day again and set me free to serve even with my flesh.

These gifts of new life are God's gifts His children with. Not because of anything believers didn't do or did do because they felt they felt they had to that - for with God's Spirit there is no must, do or rule by force - but the need to love truthfully. for God's Word tells us that only true love doesn't desire wrong and keeps us save from the sin persecuting us.

So please brother fight for your life with God and find the new - time and again - as your sinful existence slowly dies out and new life in and with Jesus is granted to you as well. It is awesome to be ruled by Jesus, not just because He feels good but much more because He brings us a new existence that never dies.

Each time you have faith in God's love you will have hope for better - and hope in God never goes disappointed for true love teaches us right and renews our minds.

Ultimately it is about dying to the old order of things and to our big I, this way we are being born into the new order of things. A daily process where love for Jesus grows us a new life.

Do understand your old life will try very hard to win you back, yet do understand that when the old grows the new in you dies, leaving you bereft of His goodness and leaving you ever growing in unrighteousness.

i myself took awhile learning the lessons of grace fighting my sins. At first i thought i couldn't sin at all and thought Jesus hated me when i sinned. i was more scared of God than loved Him. Serving God like that didn't help me fight my flesh and i had few victories. My life was do and mustn't do. Little joy in Christ then.

Then I thought I could just sin and that Christ didn't mind any more. So I left sins unconquered for so many years. My relationship with Jesus was poor then and often I didn't get enough to get me by as a believer in Him. I don't recommend doing this for sin and its misery grew sharply during this time in my life.

Yet then i learned that loving truthful as He commands brings new life. A life where love for Jesus brings new ways and new thinking in which we have a blessed relationship with Him and the old ways die.

Now in my old i fear God and seek Him to help me die to my ways for i know i haven't found true freedom in that part of my spirit yet. Yet now i know that learning to love Him is the key to dying to my old ways. Eating grace each day again. i know that sin living within me hates Jesus and doesn't care at all about Him. By now i have had more than enough of sin and the crap that it brings me while it destroys my good life with Him. i sure don't mind fighting it any longer.

Jesus growing in us is unbelievable much better. To have His loving truth ruling and serving us as King, Redeemer and Friend is best ever. i love Him with my life for rescuing me from living a life of lies. It brought me nothing but harm but now He has set me free to find myself back in the new that He brought alive inside of me with His loving truth.

All glory to Him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2019
Central Florida
✟16,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First remember, no one who had ever walked on the earth has been perfect...will be...or is...no one but Christ Jesus!!! Don’t beat yourself up!
Do you love God? Is Jesus your savior? Are you letting the Holy Spirit direct your life? Are you reading and studying scripture? Are you in prayer?
You can never read the Bible too much. You can never pray too much. Yes sit down in set aside times to pray but also talk to God all day.
Praise Him. Thank Him. Talk to Him.

All of us are growing daily. All of us are learning.

Upvote 0