Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which promise is God not fulfilling in your life?

Primarily truth I suppose, there is others I felt were promises from God but I suppose they cannot be considered as such without God's truth behind them.

I've prayed for a long time for the things I've thought I've heard about God not to be deceits from the enemy, and for signs about the faith and how to follow him better.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Primarily truth I suppose, there is others I felt were promises from God but I suppose they cannot be considered as such without God's truth behind them.

I've prayed for a long time for the things I've thought I've heard about God not to be deceits from the enemy, and for signs about the faith and how to follow him better.
Which truths?

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which truths?

What church should I join, which people should I associate with, who should I marry, how should I live my life, what job should I do, all sorts of things really, I've just made countless mistake after mistake.

• Prayers
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm praying for you, Robert. I'm praying that God opens your eyes to his presence in your life. I know for certain that God loves you and I'm praying that you experience his love in a profound way.

Yours is a difficult post to read because it brings my own doubts to the surface. I don't know that this will work for you, but whenever I experience doubt I carefully consider how many people in the world are so much worse off than I am. It only takes a moment to realize I have been greatly blessed.

I pray that God will bless you in a way that brings you closer to him.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been praying for ages, for a sign or something, trying to get closer to God, what path in life I should take, what he has in store for me, I've contemplated joining all sorts of churches catholic, orthodox, protestant, I have friends who now question my faith who most of which converted because of me (seems petty I know) now saying I don't believe in God or have enough faith in him.

I've been searching for 20+ years almost, and I'm about ready to give up, its exhausting, I love God, and I don't want to give up, but my heart is wanting to give in, not a single promise God has fulfilled, I am no closer to the truth, I am no closer to the answers im looking for, anything I felt was from God clearly wasn't.....

Most people here will likely chastise me for my faith, but please pray for me, that God loves me enough to care, to actually fulfill something for me, I've been waiting for so long. I love God so much but I feel like a child waiting for their father to come back from a really long work trip, always waiting, looking at the window, always praying every day praying, nothing seems to work...

Does God even love me ? or am I one of those doomed people not of his flock ? I have confessed just about every sin I can imagine with my lips, to others and to God, pride sure, lust sure, envy sure, I'll admit it all here if it means that God will just fulfill one promise to me and not let me be decieved.

i know the feeling when for seven years straight i landed in the pit, clinically depressed and hurting life really badly. In the end i was preparing my suicide.

i learned to understand down there rock bottom that God is the truth, also the truth of the situation and that each situation can be experienced differently depending if what believe is true or not, and even when a situation is truthful how we respond to it, truthfully or not. Finding God has to do with how truthful our reality is. For God is the truth and if we are steeped in lies then we cannot know Him. This is why i learned to get to know God through loving Him because of the truths of the bible which made all God's promises to me come true.

Now if you request something from God and your whole faith depends on what you will receive from God then God is very unlikely to reveal Himself therein. Such is conditional love and not unconditional as His love is. It is about being at par with God so to speak each one of us in our truthful reality to be. He loves me unconditionally, i love Him unconditionally. I dwell in Scriptures truths just like He dwells in Scriptures truths. That is how relationship with the most high works.

Loving God is what getting to know God is all about. So if you love Him for He has forgiven your sins through Christ then you will cement a relationship with God in that love that you carry for Him, not otherwise, for sin inside of us just keeps on sinning and doesn't feel thankful to God at all about that. Neither may those demands you have of God have anything to do with your salvation but with gratifying your own needs and therefore He does not answer you.

So it is about having faith in God's loving truth Jesus Christ that sets us free and brings us His Kingdom to rule in our hearts.

Peace.

Jo 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Loving God is what getting to know God is all about. So if you love Him for He has forgiven your sins through Christ then you will cement a relationship with God in that love that you carry for Him, not otherwise, for sin inside of us just keeps on sinning and doesn't feel thankful to God at all about that. Neither may those demands you have of God have anything to do with your salvation but with gratifying your own needs and therefore He does not answer you.

Does God not offer truth to all those who search for it ? :(

• Prayers
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What church should I join, which people should I associate with, who should I marry, how should I live my life, what job should I do, all sorts of things really, I've just made countless mistake after mistake.

Do you mean that you thought God was leading you to a particular job, or a certain person to have a friendship with, but it turned out badly?

Or do you mean you feel you received no guidance/ silence from God regarding these matters?

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean that you thought God was leading you to a particular job, or a certain person to have a friendship with, but it turned out badly?

Or do you mean you feel you received no guidance/ silence from God regarding these matters?
Both to be honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Jesus prayed for His disciples in John 17:17: "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

Do you not have a Bible? Are you not reading it continually and evaluating what it teaches? And can you honestly say that you are walking in its directions and accepting its verdicts to the best of your knowledge and ability?

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus prayed for His disciples in John 17:17: "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

Do you not have a Bible? Are you not reading it continually and evaluating what it teaches? And can you honestly say that you are walking in its directions and accepting its verdicts to the best of your knowledge and ability?
I can honestly say I am trying to the best of my ability, I use my own KGV bible and I also have a KGV bible app on my phone.

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can honestly say I am trying to the best of my ability, I use my own KGV bible and I also have a KGV bible app on my phone.

Then God has given you Truth like you've asked Him to.

If following the Truth hasn't led you to the opportunities or experiences you expected, then that is another story. But God has still given you Truth- and as long as you choose to love and follow everything in His Word honestly to the best of your ability, you're not going to be ashamed in the end- and that would include justifying God and confessing His faithfulness even in our disappointments.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both to be honest.

Okay, so it's a mixture of both...that's tough... and two decades between Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant churches seem like a long time. Has anyone in these churches helped you to confirm God's guidance in your life? If not, this might be helpful for you.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One of the first things that I learnt was not to listen to feelings.
What are the facts?
John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that all who believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life
I pray for you to enjoy the promises of God, find them in your Bible and thank God for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been praying for ages, for a sign or something, trying to get closer to God, what path in life I should take, what he has in store for me, I've contemplated joining all sorts of churches catholic, orthodox, protestant, I have friends who now question my faith who most of which converted because of me (seems petty I know) now saying I don't believe in God or have enough faith in him.

I've been searching for 20+ years almost, and I'm about ready to give up, its exhausting, I love God, and I don't want to give up, but my heart is tired, not a single promise God has fulfilled, I am no closer to the truth, I am no closer to the answers im looking for, anything I felt was from God clearly wasn't.....

Most people here will likely chastise me for my faith, but please pray for me, I I've been waiting for so long. I love God so much but I feel like a child waiting for their father to come back from a really long work trip, always waiting, looking at the window, always praying every day praying, nothing seems to work...

Does God even love me ? or am I one of those doomed people not of his flock ? I have confessed just about every sin I can imagine with my lips, to others and to God, pride sure, lust sure, envy sure, I'll admit it all here if it means that God will just fulfill one promise to me and not let me be decieved.
All strength to you brother.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, God does offer truth to all those who search for it.

I remember praying to God to show me the truth, not religious dogmas which has nothing to do with the real God. I wanted to find the absolute truth because I was so confused of what belief/s I should follow.

Fast forward to xyears later, I know the truth now because I asked and sought after it.

If you really really want the truth, don't just sit around all day waiting for it to come to you because it won't. For this miracle to happen in your life, you have to do your part.

BUT don't pressure yourself because everyone's walk is different. It may take you months or even years, but I just want you to know that it's a growing process.

(this is unbiblical) but you know, God, sometimes, requires you to be empty in order to be filled.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes he does.

You will find it in Jesus.
He is the Life, the TRUTH and the Way to get to God.

If you are looking for truth, go to church with those friends and get stuck in.

In the OT God said,
What does the Lord require of you,
to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humble before the Lord.

Go to church with your friends.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've been searching for 20+ years almost, and I'm about ready to give up, its exhausting, I love God, and I don't want to give up, but my heart is tired, not a single promise God has fulfilled, I am no closer to the truth, I am no closer to the answers im looking for, anything I felt was from God clearly wasn't.....

Most people here will likely chastise me for my faith, but please pray for me, I I've been waiting for so long. I love God so much but I feel like a child waiting for their father to come back from a really long work trip, always waiting, looking at the window, always praying every day praying, nothing seems to work...

Instead of this demand --

John 6:30 So they asked Him, "What sign then will You perform, so that we may see it and believe You? What will You do?

Matthew 12:38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."

Instead of that path...

Do this instead: listen to all of His words, really listening, with a silent humble listening, so that all the stuff you've heard -- all the doctrines/ideas and such, all the noise of others, of the world, are put aside -- and you are truly listening.

Imagine if you were there in person, almost 2000 years ago, when Jesus was preaching.

You'd hear he had arrived, suddenly, perhaps like this:

"Jesus has come! He's here. He's by the lake, on the shore, speaking!!"

And you'd drop everything, literally drop things, and they would lay fallen on the ground, forgotten, and you'd run to get there as soon as you can, to hear Him speak.

And you'd strain to hear every last word, and not even miss one syllable.

Here's a place to start (or John is also a great place to start):
Matthew 3 NIV

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sure, for it is written search and you shall find, but that is in the truth after the truth, however when we seek to pick apples from a thorn bush then we are going to be disappointed no matter how long we search for apples like that. It is also written however seeks life shall loose it and whoever looses his life for Christ name sake shall find it.

God loves you to find Him and so do i.

Peace

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Upvote 0