• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont whats wrong with me. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishBoy

Jul 30, 2006
Tennessee
✟15,430.00
Faith
Christian
I dont know what's wrong with me but I worry constantly, my girlfriend says that I'm freaking out which I do if she doesn't answer her phone for like 2hours bc im just always worrying about wether she got in a wreck or I dont know whats going on... i need prayer guys as im trying to give this to God.. Thanks and any advice would be much appreciated. :(

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You most likely have Generalized anxiety disorder or GAD. Paxil can help for this. Go to your primary care giver.

Sounds like something to check into & it's not as uncommon as you might think. More people even take medication to help with physical symptoms & the obsessive thoughts as well. Some take it & work on behavior therapy & others choose not to..it's up to you:hug:
But please talk to your pastor or trusted friend & seek out some good Christian counciling...nobody should have to deal with this alone. There are some good Christian books you can find as well as web sites...the more you know the easier it will be to tell the professional helping you what you are going through & what help you're looking for.
God Bless.

*Stop by the prayer site on here:wave:

Upvote 0
M

mebby02

hun there is nothing wrong with you my boyfriend is like that too. If l don't pick up on him he starts worrying about me calling me again and again until l pick up and then he starts texting me and emailing me.
The reason why your like this is cause you love your girlfriend and you care for her
my advice is not to worry about it just take a deep breath say this in your head a million times stop it really loud in your head my girlfriend is fine and say stop it and say your name in your head eg amish boy your stop it! my girl friend is fine over and over if you have to.

Upvote 0

everlast

area 25
Sep 23, 2006
Texas
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with everyone so far, love is powerful and it can overwhelm a person, but you also do not want to jeopardize a relationship if its uncomfortable to the other person, however, if you feel that something is wrong with you as judging from your post, then like others stated, it might be safe to say that you can get some treatment for it, to bring your worry to a safe stable level thats compatible with both sides. But alas ther may be other factors such as past events that can cause you to worry, so its very difficult to say for sure, but just incase talk to your doctor or a counselor about it and remember to trust in God.

Upvote 0

unpardoned1

Aug 31, 2006
South Florida
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those kind of worry can lead to depression etc, be careful and do not let those worry last too long months or years...find some support.
I'm serious about the anti-anxiety medication. I just went to my Dr. for a refill. He is a family doctor and it was a 15 minute process. This will really help you. Paxil takes a couple weeks to start working so in the meantime, Klonipan or xanex may help. I would say Klonipan is the better of the two. Take it from me...please...I am the queen of freaking out!!!

Upvote 0

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beyond meds there are support groups and various techniques for helping overcome these problems. My job prevents me from taking meds, but I have been able to make great strides just by talking it out and through various breathing/meditation techniques....

Good luck.

Reactions: rita727
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheWakeUpCaller

WHITE KNIGHT
Aug 9, 2006
USA
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
A little worry is ok and even good for you, but excessive worry can be damaging to your health. In everything you do let meds be your last option. If you get to the point where the worry consumes you, are grows into something else, you may indeed need professional help. If the first thing they want to do is put you on a med for it, run as fast as you can. Find someone else that will take the time to show you how to deal with your worry and what it is that triggers this problem. Honestly, prayer works well. Put your trust in God. I always try this approach before I even consider suggesting a med for my patients... May God bless you.....michael

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I dont know what's wrong with me but I worry constantly, my girlfriend says that I'm freaking out which I do if she doesn't answer her phone for like 2hours bc im just always worrying about wether she got in a wreck or I dont know whats going on... i need prayer guys as im trying to give this to God.. Thanks and any advice would be much appreciated. :(

God Bless You!!!

HB:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.