• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont trust God anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wow I'm spool sorry about your spouse..I am really.

Watching YouTube videos is helping to calm me down....

I think I'll be okay for now.

Thank you guys for your support.

Thank you, see you cant be hated, if you can love!

Concentrate on your ability to be loving, let Christ teach you how much love you have to offer to the world.

God loves you like this:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Remember when you feel like ending your life God is there with you always loving you, that's his nature.

He even put brothers and sisters on the earth to be with you when you feel this way too.

Some have experience it just as you and some have been there for people like you.

So if you feel that way don't hesitate to reach out to us.

You can see God's loving nature.

Go outside during the day and feed some animals. Befriend them, love them and you will be rewarded with love in return. Be with His creation, watch its complex beauty and feel and smell its life. :)

God bless you, endure with Christ Jesus unto the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That way I can not blame god or be mad at someone that's not on the forefront of my mind,,..and I can be free in my own way.

Yeah I think this is what I'm going to do.

First learn different perspectives of your awesome loving Father and His creation.

Go outside and enjoy it as I mentioned. Learn God's love :)

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
First learn different perspectives of your awesome loving Father and His creation.

Go outside and enjoy it as I mentioned. Learn God's love :)
Idk... I'm not ready to trust God right now. Not now maybe some years from now.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Idk... I'm not ready to trust God right now. Not now maybe some years from now.

Take some time to enjoy God's creation, keep Him in your thoughts and reflect on the help your brothers and sisters provide here for you :)

God bless you.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My life hasn't gotten,better since I've gotten saved not with my effort or Gods, there's just obstacle after obstacle.. I'm 25 in 5 more years ill be 30 ...

I've prayed ,for help,healing and got neither... And I know now God isn't for me. He doesn't like or love me ...don't waste your breath because ill never be convinced....

I feel like an idiot for believing in Gods promises...there only for some people, people he likes and I'm not one of them...

Its crystal clear....

I just wonder if God just made me to be his punching bag,something to laugh at ,something to torment.?

I'm done....

I have alot of thinking to do.

There's a lot of false teachings in Christianity today that places unrealistic expectations upon God.

You are simply a victim of these false teachings.

It isn't actually God's responsibility to help you... but those who has been given more. It is their responsibility. It's in the Bible. God meant it this way to test humanity.

Just hang in there! My life is in terrible shape too! Just hanging by a thread as well!

• Agree
Reactions: LoyalToGod
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Far Side Of the Moon, why have you associated your pain and suffering with God? You have been conditioned to believe something that is not true. Pain and suffering is the result of sin. It isn't fair, but the reality is that other people's sins are the source of most of our pain and suffering.

Thinking God should rescue you requires you put yourself in the place of God. Our goal is to accept whatever God has chosen to allow, and trust him. He has promised to ensure whatever cost we paid in suffering will be paid back 10 or 100 times in good things. The only thing required of us is to trust him. Stick with him and do not reject him.

One thing that I think can help anyone's faith is to hear or read people recounting what God has supernaturally done in their lives. I didn't vet any of the videos here, but some look like they're worth checking out. There are also monthly publications that encourage with the truth, as well as books and devotionals.

The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23, NASB)

Remember to drink from the wellspring of life every day. Receive your daily bread from the Lord. Read some (encouraging) Scripture and pray. Persist in asking for what you need and want, but you must also do what you can do in the same direction. Short-term tempering of pain can come from other people, especially those who love you in ways that you perceive as love.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Far Side Of the Moon, why have you associated your pain and suffering with God? You have been conditioned to believe something that is not true. Pain and suffering is the result of sin. It isn't fair, but the reality is that other people's sins are the source of most of our pain and suffering.

Thinking God should rescue you requires you put yourself in the place of God. Our goal is to accept whatever God has chosen to allow, and trust him. He has promised to ensure whatever cost we paid in suffering will be paid back 10 or 100 times in good things. The only thing required of us is to trust him. Stick with him and do not reject him.

One thing that I think can help anyone's faith is to hear or read people recounting what God has supernaturally done in their lives. I didn't vet any of the videos here, but some look like they're worth checking out. There are also monthly publications that encourage with the truth, as well as books and devotionals.

The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23, NASB)

Remember to drink from the wellspring of life every day. Receive your daily bread from the Lord. Read some (encouraging) Scripture and pray. Persist in asking for what you need and want, but you must also do what you can do in the same direction. Short-term tempering of pain can come from other people, especially those who love you in ways that you perceive as love.
If we have to accept whatever, then what's the point of his promises? Does that mean I stop believing in them?

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If we have to accept whatever, then what's the point of his promises? Does that mean I stop believing in them?

Tell us the promises you're struggling to understand :)

E.g. Why did God promised this "" and I see/feel/hear this ""

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people seem to have forgotten this is a support forum.

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. (bold mine, 2 Corinthians 1:8-11, 1984 NIV)

Based on my own experiences, @Far Side Of the Moon is experiencing greater pain than Paul did. She doesn't have Paul's strength. One cannot apply ideas about pain to others. It's even inaccurate to apply one's own experience of pain to another. We're all different. The best and only way is to see how it is affecting them and trust that if it is disabling it is severe. If I stub my toe and it throws me into years of wishing I was dead, only the "wishing I was dead" part is useful for understanding what I'm going through.

It can be comforting to read the book of Job, because one can see that he wrote things that the person could have written themselves in describing their pain.

Hardly any of God's promises have a guaranteed time frame. Believing the truth of Scripture is the only way to know God correctly, and at the root of it all is that God is love (1 John 4:8, 16). His nature is love; he cannot act outside his nature. Every act of his has sacrificial love as its root motivation. Allowing any experience to influence one's understanding of (or relationship to) God can be deceptive.

Personally, I attribute the good things in my life to God (James 1:17) and the bad things to the sin in the world. Except when I'm suffering, in which case I acquire a blaming heart and don't understand why he is allowing it. Like it or not, it is through battling that contradiction with the truth that healing and strengthening comes, because it opens up greater access to you by God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I have felt worse in my past.
I guess you're right.

I just wish I had faith in myself...myself esteem is just not the best.
One thing that helps me is that I always know who I am in Christ- precious enough for Him to suffer and die. Hold onto that, always.

I would say, something that might help you is finding a Bible verse that will speak to your heart and memorize it, that way you can remember it when you have false ideas about yourself playing in your head.

Mine is Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

He loves us that much.

• Agree
Reactions: LoyalToGod
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One thing that helps me is that I always know who I am in Christ- precious enough for Him to suffer and die. Hold onto that, always.

I would say, something that might help you is finding a Bible verse that will speak to your heart and memorize it, that way you can remember it when you have false ideas about yourself playing in your head.

Mine is Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

He loves us that much.
Things have gotten better, I'm gonna be starting work on Thursday and getting a new car. I could really bawl right now.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
@Far Side Of the Moon,
It is very good to hear things have gotten better. New job, new car. That is fantastic. But you know what is ever more fantastic? You, feeling better and hopefully....keeping that faith in God. Hold on tight, even in the middle of a tempest.

Best wishes :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The OP is written in the language of depression, one that I speak fluently. I, too, have felt sometimes that my role is to be life's punching bag, that I exist for bad things to happen to. That way, or so my reasoning goes when I am depressed, society can look at what happened to me, and say "That's bad. Let's not let it happen again." Then changes get made, attitudes get rethought, laws get written, and other people are spared what happened to me. Not a bad reason for existing, I suppose, if in the long run it benefits society.

But again, that's depression talking. Depression can warp logic. If it really were my designated role to be life's punching bag... what happens when we are truly living our purpose? Don't we feel fulfilled? If I were supposed to be the punching bag, and I'm serving the purpose I'm meant to serve, I would *love* it. If I don't feel fulfilled, if I don't love it, then it's not my role.

I hope that bit of rambling helps. And congratulations on the new job and new car. Go ahead and bawl if it cleans out your system.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP is written in the language of depression, one that I speak fluently. I, too, have felt sometimes that my role is to be life's punching bag, that I exist for bad things to happen to. That way, or so my reasoning goes when I am depressed, society can look at what happened to me, and say "That's bad. Let's not let it happen again." Then changes get made, attitudes get rethought, laws get written, and other people are spared what happened to me. Not a bad reason for existing, I suppose, if in the long run it benefits society.

But again, that's depression talking. Depression can warp logic. If it really were my designated role to be life's punching bag... what happens when we are truly living our purpose? Don't we feel fulfilled? If I were supposed to be the punching bag, and I'm serving the purpose I'm meant to serve, I would *love* it. If I don't feel fulfilled, if I don't love it, then it's not my role.

I hope that bit of rambling helps. And congratulations on the new job and new car. Go ahead and bawl if it cleans out your system.

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses ...of really love if this thread could be closed

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-3-11_13-5-40.jpeg

BY the OP's request.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT

Posts have been removed for violating the SOP of this forum, or quoting someone who was violating the SOP.

This forum is for peer encouragement, compassion, prayer.

Debating, criticizing, judging is not allowed in this forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.