• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This started a few years ago. When I was 17, it seemed like my attraction to women just went away within the space of a few days. This affected me a lot.
Then I slowly lost my interests in other things: I lost interest in what I was studying at school, lost interest in watching sports and lost interest in doing anything.

Nowadays I am my only company and entertain myself with the internet and that is it for the most part. I have no friends and no interest to get on with my life. While other people grow up, get a wife, family etc. I feel I will never make that step - it doesn’t feel natural for me.

I don’t feel like there’s a point to anything. There’s no point meeting people as they are all fake and don’t even really care about me - just themselves. There’s no point going out because I’m not even enjoying myself, it’s like I’m just finding a way to pass time.

Also, I don’t love or care about anyone - I don’t even think I care about myself. There’s nothing I can do about this, I can’t have feelings that I don’t feel.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"It is the Spirit which quickens, the flesh profits nothing: the words which I have spoken unto you are spirit and are life." John 6:63 So encourage you to read some of your favorite Scriptures

Here's a few Scriptures you might want to mull over -
-"But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:7 (The number of hairs on your head is constantly changing).
-You are wonderfully and fearfully made (Psa 139)
-The spirit of God made you, and His breath gives you life. Job 33:4
So that next breath is from Him. And the one after that - it's from Him, too. Again.

"God's Prescription Book" by Dr Avery Jackson, a neurosurgeon and a Christian. From the chapter on laughter - Says our bodies can't tell the difference between an authentic laugh or when we make ourselves laugh. But "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." (Pro 17:22) A merry heart improves our immune system. Probably more benefits.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know this sounds kinda like , as another member here loves to say, a "deepity" (I think this was it...been awhile), but joy is not about what you get, instead, it's about giving what you got.

And being thankful for getting to give anything away since it's all from Him.

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

I've been blessed of late to view things through the lens of stewardship.

And when this flesh attempts to rise up with its lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life, I am reminded of that fast approaching day, wherein I will have to give an account for what I did with everything, including the time allotted.

• Informative
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There’s nothing I can do about this, I can’t have feelings that I don’t feel.

As has already been said, it sounds like you are depressed, not feeling sad but suffering from a form of mental illness.

Please make the effort to talk to your parrents, or to your doctor or even samaratans.

You need help.

There is medication that can help you start to recover from this.

Please talk to your doctor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This started a few years ago. When I was 17, it seemed like my attraction to women just went away within the space of a few days. This affected me a lot.
Then I slowly lost my interests in other things: I lost interest in what I was studying at school, lost interest in watching sports and lost interest in doing anything.

Nowadays I am my only company and entertain myself with the internet and that is it for the most part. I have no friends and no interest to get on with my life. While other people grow up, get a wife, family etc. I feel I will never make that step - it doesn’t feel natural for me.

I don’t feel like there’s a point to anything. There’s no point meeting people as they are all fake and don’t even really care about me - just themselves. There’s no point going out because I’m not even enjoying myself, it’s like I’m just finding a way to pass time.

Also, I don’t love or care about anyone - I don’t even think I care about myself. There’s nothing I can do about this, I can’t have feelings that I don’t feel.
Sounds like a medical issue, possibly chemical imbalance.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My parent says she doesn’t believe in depression and that it is demons and because no Holy Spirit. I don’t like the idea of taking pills for a mental problem - that sounds very scary and something that could have bad side effects. Does counselling without medicine help people?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Severe depression. I recognize it because I struggle with it. Find a Christian counselor please. Call on Tuesday and let us know when your first appointment is, if you would.
How do you get on? I kind of just feel empty inside. I don’t care about my own feelings nor anyone’s anymore and so don’t care if I’m mean to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
depression is a common problem for teens & university students
medicines are often only temporary
do not be afraid to seek help & get better!
What kind of help? I’m not very trusting with doctors - they misdiagnose and put you on a range of drugs which damage you.

• Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0