Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I just don't understand how you could believe in Jesus and not in God.
How is this possible?
Doesn't one have to believe in God first?

Sorry, I was little unclear. Obviously, it is not possible to believe in Jesus and not in God, because Jesus is son of God. If one believes in son of God, it is logical to believe also to Father. But still, my point is, believing in their existence is not the crucial thing, righteousness is and one can be counted righteous, even if he doesn’t know that God and Jesus exist. However, I don’t think righteous person would claim that God doesn’t exist, because righteous person is truthful.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cant understand faith. Some people are born, in other countries and raised in other religions. They believe that their religion is right.

If a different religion person was coming to you and was telling you stuff like "you must believe this religion, because it is the truth" you would say stuff like " no. Jesus is the only God"

If that different religion person cant change your mind or your faith in Jesus, why you expect to persuade him into becoming a Christian?

I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian but what about the other people?

I read somewhere in the Bible, something like that Jesus tell His disciples to go to other houses and tell about Him and that it would be really bad to those who will not listen.

If, people were coming to your house and started telling you about Jesus, would not be logic for some people to believe and for some other not to believe?

I cant understand faith. why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?

What about evolution? how does that goes with Christianity? what about the stoning children in Deuteronomy 21? It says something like to stone disobeying children but Jesus did not stone the woman.

I find some verses in the Old Testament very different and scarier than the verse in the New Testament. why?

What about some contradictions in ages and chronologies?

Isn't it logical for some people to believe the Scriptures because they give them hope and some people not to believe the Scriptures because they can not be proved if they are valid or not.
You ask the same questions I have been asked by nonbelievers many times.

I try to be as open to other people believes as I want them to be to my believes, which means we study both believes together. I try to answer their questions with questions to get them to answer their own question, it has to become their own believe and not just what I believe.

You said: “I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian…”, but can you find that idea in scripture or does every individual have to make their own commitment?

I think you might be confusing “blind faith”, with believer faith. Trust in God’s Love might be a better way of expressing it, so do you believe God Loves you and how about everyone else in the world?

You asked: “…why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?”

I am not trying to convince people about some book, some doctrine, some theology or philosophy, but I do want them to know about Christ/God/Love, so how best to teach them? How did Christ teach them when he was in the flesh?

As a Christian, I am to just allow Christ to work through me: listening to people, befriending people, spending time with people, talking with people, helping people, serving people, and always Loving on people. Just as Christ served back in the Bible times, He can still be serving today through me. So, what is He teaching today?

As a Christian, I use the Bible as just one of many tools to help people, but my main assurance is found in the indwelling Holy Spirit which I personally know is with me if I am not quenching Him. He can be your guarantee in you, but I cannot proof to you my guarantee, so you can have my guarantee to be your guarantee. So how to help nonbelievers accept Christ and Him crucified?

If the nonbeliever, I am Loving on, rejects my charity (unconditional, selfless help) he is rejecting God who is this Love, but if the nonbeliever accepts my charity as something, he/she really likes, needs and desires, then they have accepted God and Christ (Love). If they desire to have such Love themselves for others they can, will they become a Christian?

I need to know what specific “religion’ you are talking about, but for the most part all religions have you doing something (a work) to get something and keep doing stuff to get more. God can’t get stuff from beings He created, but is just wanting to give wonderful stuff to those who are just willing to humbly accept His gives as they were given (as pure charity).

You have lots of other less significant questions like: evolution. Mutations and natural selections are happening right now and have always happened, so what is the issue?

What do you really want to ask about, because when Jesus got personal with the woman at the well, she quickly changed the subject? John 4:1-26

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I was little unclear. Obviously, it is not possible to believe in Jesus and not in God, because Jesus is son of God. If one believes in son of God, it is logical to believe also to Father. But still, my point is, believing in their existence is not the crucial thing, righteousness is and one can be counted righteous, even if he doesn’t know that God and Jesus exist. However, I don’t think righteous person would claim that God doesn’t exist, because righteous person is truthful.

Hi 1213,

I'm not sure, as God understands righteousness, 'righteousness is and one can be counted righteous, even if he doesn’t know that God and Jesus exist', is a true statement.

What is the first command of the law to fulfill God's righteousness. Yes, one can certainly be a good person as we humans define 'good person', but the very first command of God's expectation of righteousness is to love Him with absolutely everything that you are. I think it would be hard for someone to attain that righteousness without knowing that God does exist.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kostilaks,

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Did the O.P. sound like a sinner to you??
The above is referring to habitual sinners.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think righteous means? (in biblical terms)
Righteous just means being right with God.
To be right with God we have to believe He exists and we have to trust in Him...as Jesus said in John 3:3, 5.

If somenone does not know God exists and does not believe in God,,,then he surely will not fulfill what Jesus stated in John 3. There can be no salvation unless one believes in God.

Just because a person is righteous does not mean he believes in God.

The secular meaning of righteous is:

Definition of righteous

1: acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
2a: morally right or justifiablea righteous decision
b: arising from an outraged sense of justice or moralityrighteous indignation

As you can see, it has more to do with being moral than believing in God. And what good is it if one is morally correct but is not saved?
Even atheists are moral persons. (not all of course).

Upvote 0

Qwertyui0p

Dec 20, 2019
New South Wales
✟41,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I cant understand faith. Some people are born, in other countries and raised in other religions. They believe that their religion is right.

If a different religion person was coming to you and was telling you stuff like "you must believe this religion, because it is the truth" you would say stuff like " no. Jesus is the only God"

If that different religion person cant change your mind or your faith in Jesus, why you expect to persuade him into becoming a Christian?

I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian but what about the other people?

I read somewhere in the Bible, something like that Jesus tell His disciples to go to other houses and tell about Him and that it would be really bad to those who will not listen.

If, people were coming to your house and started telling you about Jesus, would not be logic for some people to believe and for some other not to believe?

I cant understand faith. why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?

What about evolution? how does that goes with Christianity? what about the stoning children in Deuteronomy 21? It says something like to stone disobeying children but Jesus did not stone the woman.

I find some verses in the Old Testament very different and scarier than the verse in the New Testament. why?

Isn't it logical for some people to believe the Scriptures because they give them hope and some people not to believe the Scriptures because they can not be proved if they are valid or not.
A lot of questions! I will do my best to answer them.
Evolution is incompatible with the Bible. 10 dangers of theistic evolution - creation.com
This video
explains why Christianity is right.
Which 'contradictions in ages and chronologies' are you talking about? There're many alleged contradictions in the Bible, however all of these can be explained. This website might help: https://christiananswers.net/q-comfort/contradictions-bible.html
Remember that the Bible is a book recording history. A lot of stuff the Bible records, especially in the old testament, it doesn't endorse.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi qwerty,

You wrote:
Remember that the Bible is a book recording history. A lot of stuff the Bible records, especially in the old testament, it doesn't endorse.

That's a good point. Cain killed Abel. However, I don't think that a believer should then believe that because God created the rock with which Cain killed Abel and brought Abel to Cain so that he could kill him; that God, therefore must approve of a brother killing his brother.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure Krishna is a light from God.
Hi GodsGrace,
This is absolutely false. Krishna is a false god and does not represent the light from God. It is darkness.

Islam is a different religion.
Hinduism a different religion.
What I'm saying is that there is only one God.
These are false religions that worship a lie.

It's unfortunate, for instance, that Muslims worship Muhammad instead of God,,,although they will deny this.
Muslims do not worship Muhammad. They worship Allah. Allah is the moon God, a false God.
My point is that if there is a Muslim that truly loves God and is united to the Holy Spirit, God will honor that. After all, it's the heart that counts...even we Christians believe it's the heart that God sees.
If there is a Muslim that serves Allah and prays to Allah, he does not love God, because Allah is not God. He is a god, a false God. No man comes to the Father but by the Son and Islam teaches God has no son.

If a Muslim does what his god commands, he will kill Christians and Jew with the sword. My God says thou shalt not kill. This is not the same God.[/QUOTE]

• Agree
Reactions: Qwertyui0p
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.
Guess most of the earth's population is headed for hell.
The God I know is merciful, loving and just.
And He's not caught in a small box.

It really doesn't matter what you think, or what I think, or what anyone thinks. All that matters is the truth which we find in the Word of God.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It really doesn't matter what you think, or what I think, or what anyone thinks. All that matters is the truth which we find in the Word of God.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Good post...

Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did the O.P. sound like a sinner to you??
The above is referring to habitual sinners.
All men and religions outside of Jesus Christ are both doomed and false.
That is what I responded to.
The verses in Roman's 1 are the Divine commentary on them as given over in judgment .

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know they do, and I believe they are wrong.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you check out other religions you will find they don't have a saviour at all.

We don't, that's for God to do.
John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day."

1 Corinthians 2:14
14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

It doesn't matter how someone was raised and being raised in a Christian household doesn't make anyone a Christian.
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Yes this is for God to do, only he knows who will listen or not.
Matthew 13
The Parable of the Sower
18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

Christianity is a relationship with God.
Firstly the scriptures are 'alive'
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Secondly, the person must come with an open herat to them.
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Then if they are ready God draws them.

It doesn't. Some people try and avoid looking at how evolution disagrees with the Bible and try hard to interpret Genses as being non-literal. There are some very important doctrines such as no death before sin which requires that Adam be a literal man. A person can be saved but be mistaken.
Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned-
17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

Sorry I missed the second question. The verse in Deuteronmy 21:18 the son there isn't a child but a grown man. If you carry on to verse 20 you will see he is a drunkard. and they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
This was a different culture and parents had much more authority over grown children than we do.

God gave the law to show the people that they could not keep his law. He needed people to see they weren't strong enough by themselves, they needed a saviour. God deals with us differently because Jesus paid the penality with his blood. Forgiveness of sins has always required blood. We might ask why is that? I do not know, only that it is so. In the Old Testament, they would sacrifice an animal, but it was merely a shadow of what would happen later because the blood of animals really didn't forgive sins. One man, Adam caused mankind's spiritual death so another perfect man-Jesus had to pay that debt back. Jesus gives us a way to awaken our spirit with God the Father and repays the sins that we have done and will do in the future.

Sometimes the Bible uses a grandfather in the genealogies and sometimes they may skip over some. I believe everyone who is of importance is listed. I don't believe the genealogies were meant to be used as a calculator but to show us the lineage.

What ages do you mean?

Proof is the catchphrase of modern life. But what is proof? Is using an element in the here and now proof when this element wasn't there or acted differently in times gone by? Is a 'miracle' being performed publicly and caught on camera proof? Is someones personal experience proof? Just because someone has some evidence, if it can't be repeated is it proof? What if the same evidence can be interpreted in a variety of ways? Some things can't be proved, God being one of them. God does not want to be proved scientifically anyway, he wants faith.
Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Luke 16:31
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GodsGrace,
This is absolutely false. Krishna is a false god and does not represent the light from God. It is darkness.

These are false religions that worship a lie.

Muslims do not worship Muhammad. They worship Allah. Allah is the moon God, a false God.

If there is a Muslim that serves Allah and prays to Allah, he does not love God, because Allah is not God. He is a god, a false God. No man comes to the Father but by the Son and Islam teaches God has no son.

If a Muslim does what his god commands, he will kill Christians and Jew with the sword. My God says thou shalt not kill. This is not the same God.
[/QUOTE]
I agree with all of the above.
Allah is the Arabic name for God.
I believe there is only one God.
We're not discussing the differences between the religions here...
but why one must believe in Jesus to be saved.

Did Jesus appear to India or to Israel and that area?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 7

Sure. So? Most men are not aware of God and do not believe in Him.
Jesus also said not to go to the gentiles.
Matthew 10:5-6
5These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;
6but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

It was not till later on that Jesus decided to allow the gentiles.
See the parable of the Wedding Feast.
Matthew 22

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All men and religions outside of Jesus Christ are both doomed and false.
That is what I responded to.
The verses in Roman's 1 are the Divine commentary on them as given over in judgment .
I'm not going to teach you what Romans 1:19-20 means.
The fact that you do NOT understand it is what is giving you the problem of understanding that God is ONE, and God has ALWAYS revealed Himself to man.
It did not start with Jesus...the ultimate revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It seems to be of great advantage but,
not sure that's how it works?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to be of great advantage but,
not sure that's how it works?
M-Bob
What do YOU think MB?
Is everyone that does not know Jesus lost forever?

I mean KNOW, as in exists or who He really is.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I mean KNOW, as in exists or who He really is.

Seems the ones who know who he really is

The Son of God

would follow him

ones that don't -- don't know him
and He never knew them.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You need to believe in Jesus because it's said that there's a covenant between God and men that you need such a faith to be saved.

Not all religion's gods have a covenant which concerns your life.
Not all religion's even invite your faith as the way for your redemption.

What we humans can possibly get to is a future, especially one concerning our own life. That's where humans need a God. They need a God to tell them or warn them about such a future. Humans also need a solution for this, which is a redemption.

Thus what we humans need to do is to evaluate how systematic it is for such a message/warning to convey. The gospel should have been preached all over the world if it's not rejected at some point by human will. Freewill is another factor included in the theology of Christianity.

It is a command from Jesus for the gospel to be preached all over the world. Again, not all religions have the mission set for their dogma to be preached all over the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0