Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cant understand faith. Some people are born, in other countries and raised in other religions. They believe that their religion is right.

If a different religion person was coming to you and was telling you stuff like "you must believe this religion, because it is the truth" you would say stuff like " no. Jesus is the only God"

If that different religion person cant change your mind or your faith in Jesus, why you expect to persuade him into becoming a Christian?

I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian but what about the other people?

I read somewhere in the Bible, something like that Jesus tell His disciples to go to other houses and tell about Him and that it would be really bad to those who will not listen.

If, people were coming to your house and started telling you about Jesus, would not be logic for some people to believe and for some other not to believe?

I cant understand faith. why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?

What about evolution? how does that goes with Christianity? what about the stoning children in Deuteronomy 21? It says something like to stone disobeying children but Jesus did not stone the woman.

I find some verses in the Old Testament very different and scarier than the verse in the New Testament. why?

What about some contradictions in ages and chronologies?

Isn't it logical for some people to believe the Scriptures because they give them hope and some people not to believe the Scriptures because they can not be proved if they are valid or not.

Reactions: public hermit

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant understand faith. Some people are born, in other countries and raised in other religions. They believe that their religion is right.

If a different religion person was coming to you and was telling you stuff like "you must believe this religion, because it is the truth" you would say stuff like " no. Jesus is the only God"

If that different religion person cant change your mind or your faith in Jesus, why you expect to persuade him into becoming a Christian?

I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian but what about the other people?

I read somewhere in the Bible, something like that Jesus tell His disciples to go to other houses and tell about Him and that it would be really bad to those who will not listen.

If, people were coming to your house and started telling you about Jesus, would not be logic for some people to believe and for some other not to believe?

I cant understand faith. why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?

What about evolution? how does that goes with Christianity? what about the stoning children in Deuteronomy 21? It says something like to stone disobeying children but Jesus did not stone the woman.

I find some verses in the Old Testament very different and scarier than the verse in the New Testament. why?

Isn't it logical for some people to believe the Scriptures because they give them hope and some people not to believe the Scriptures because they can not be proved if they are valid or not.
Hi K,
This may be shocking to some, but actually you happen to be right.

Jesus said HE was the Way, the Truth and the Life.
He was the awaited Messiah for the Jewish nation of Israel and He was also promised to anyone in the world that would be willing to accept Him. This refers to the covenant made with Abraham when God promised him he would be the father of many nations...but the N.T. tells us that not only those that are born of Abraham's seed are of Abraham...but all those that accept the promise made to him.

If you read Romans 1:19-20 you'll see that God has always revealed Himself to man.

If someone is living in India and knows only Krishna and follows his teachings, and that person love God Almighty, then that person will be saved because there is only ONE God. There is not a Christian God and a Jewish God and a Shiite God, etc.

As the bible teaches us, it's a matter of the heart.

As to the O.T....
God revealed Himself to the Israelites (beginning with the Hebrews in Genesis chapter 12, the story of Abraham. From that time forward anything that happened to that nation was attributed to God. If you can accept this, the entire O.T. will become clear: Otherwise it seems as though we are dealing with two different Gods: One that kills children and one that loves humanity and would not kill children.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Every person born into this world has a God-given conscience that a Creator does exist.

When the Gospel of Jesus Christ is heard, the conscience bears witness that you have just heard the truth.

There is no other religion that pulls on the heart of man as does the Holy Spirit when truth comes to visit.

There are many excuses throughout the world for not believing God, His Word, or His Son. But there is only one reason, they know they will have to change their life and they don't want to.

You are not struggling with unbelief, you are struggling with, "I don't want to."

If you come to terms with this, Christ will open a door for you walk through and the Journey will begin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Correct. Christianity is the best explanation of the One True God.
The other religions tell less accurate versions. But there is only one God.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi kostilaks,

As far as, 'how do we know which one of the plethora of religions is the 'true' religion'? Prophecy. God told Israel that prophecy was how they were to test the prophets and it also gives us assurance that the one who knows the end from the beginning, and has told us before things happened, is the one true God.

BTW you don't have to believe in Jesus, unless what you want is what the God of Jesus has to offer. You can live your entire life and not believe in Jesus. However, when we read the Scriptures and see what God offers us and decide that's what we want, then we have to seek for it on that God's terms.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Being raised in a christian family does not make a person a christian.

If you believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from The Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for the free gift of His Eternal Life. Then you have been born again and are now a child of God and have Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

LiquidCat

Nov 14, 2019
Warsaw
✟10,163.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Many questions here could try respond to few.

1.How do we know Christianity is true ? Basically God used his atribute of being outside of time so he foretold hunderds literally hundreds of time what will happen in future so when it does we know he exist, before that he was appearing in one form or another to selected people before we had the evidence that he exist so yea if you lived about 5500 years ago or so you could literally talk to God.

Some of these prophecy are so precise that you could count literally days untill they will be fulfilled and they match with historical events from just other history sources outside of Bible , like foretellling what will happen 400 years from now and it does kind of stuff with 100% accuracy , they were written by multiple people who didn't even know each other or what they wrote that validates this is divine inspiration and not some guess work by some crazy one guy.

Check out if you are interested AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: 356 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ

2.On top of that you have gospels which are written by 4 different people talking about the same thing from different perspective and are valid historical document , most historicans confirm that person like Jesus Christ was actually alive person and not myth. Moreover Christianity was considered a sect and was both punished by death by Jews and Romans if it was only few believers who made it up they would be simply destroyed and it couldnt become this big religion like it is now, some people would be crazy enought to die for something but most people would not , most Christians believed so hard Jesus rise from the death that they themselves would rather die than lie. Some people changed their mind from not believing Christ was the messiah untill he rose from death.

3.Yea most world is actually lost people , and no people born in India don't actually all become Hindu or Buddhists just because they had family roots there , likewise people born in "Christians" homes arent actually Christians most of the time because going to church does not make you one and it's not inherited after from your parents . What makes Christian is becoming born again by getting Holy Spirit.
People who got it know they are saved and know they have eternal life.

What with places where it seems that there are no Christians to hear about God from ? God uses dreams , visions and angels to preach in these places you can find testimony of many people over the interned youtube where people for example in India claim to had vision of Christ or dream and that lead them to investigate Christianity . In short if you would believe God will give you oppurtinity to hear gospel.

Upvote 0

Ilikecats

Dec 27, 2019
Alberta
✟49,744.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi K,
This may be shocking to some, but actually you happen to be right.

Jesus said HE was the Way, the Truth and the Life.
He was the awaited Messiah for the Jewish nation of Israel and He was also promised to anyone in the world that would be willing to accept Him. This refers to the covenant made with Abraham when God promised him he would be the father of many nations...but the N.T. tells us that not only those that are born of Abraham's seed are of Abraham...but all those that accept the promise made to him.

If you read Romans 1:19-20 you'll see that God has always revealed Himself to man.

If someone is living in India and knows only Krishna and follows his teachings, and that person love God Almighty, then that person will be saved because there is only ONE God. There is not a Christian God and a Jewish God and a Shiite God, etc.

As the bible teaches us, it's a matter of the heart.

As to the O.T....
God revealed Himself to the Israelites (beginning with the Hebrews in Genesis chapter 12, the story of Abraham. From that time forward anything that happened to that nation was attributed to God. If you can accept this, the entire O.T. will become clear: Otherwise it seems as though we are dealing with two different Gods: One that kills children and one that loves humanity and would not kill children.
I wouldn’t be so quick to attribute Krishna to God. God is the God of Israel and has a son. I wouldn’t say that without the knowledge of the gospel one can be saved even if they think they are worshipping the true God. As Paul stated how can they believe if they have never heard.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn’t be so quick to attribute Krishna to God. God is the God of Israel and has a son. I wouldn’t say that without the knowledge of the gospel one can be saved even if they think they are worshipping the true God. As Paul stated how can they believe if they have never heard.
Krishna is the light of God given to those to whom he presented himself.

ONLY Jesus understood Himself to be the Son of Man and the awaited Messiah, or Christ.

I was raised in the U.S. and knew about Jesus...not everyone does.
Those that reject Him are lost.

Those that reject God, in general, are lost.

There is only one God.

Do you believe God will forever cast into hell those that have not heard of Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I was raised in a Christian family, so I am Christian but what about the other people?

I think it would be good to understand first, Bible promises eternal life for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

People who have not heard of Jesus and Bible, can be counted righteous by this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

Jesus came to declare forgiveness. That message is for all people and it is useful, if one is not righteous, because it can give a new start in righteous life. But obviously, if one doesn’t want to receive that, he is free to reject it.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, Because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim release to the captives, Recovering of sight to the blind, To deliver those who are crushed, And to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Luke 4:18-19

...I cant understand faith. why believe in Jesus just because they are Scriptures about Jesus? how do we know if they are real? there are so many other religions, why Christianity is the right one?

I think there are many levels in the Bible, historical, good and right and the future. I think you don’t need to believe in history or in the future, but I think you should understand what is good and right and be righteous, if you want to have eternal life, because eternal life is for righteous. So, to me it is not so much about believing, but about right understanding. Even if you would believe, it would not help, if you are not righteous. Bible tells that even demons believe that God is, and I don’t think it helps them.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
James 2:19

Faith means that person is loyal to Jesus and God. And I hope I would be loyal to Jesus, even if I would not believe that God exists, because loyalty to Jesus and God means that I love others as myself and I think it is good and right.

it is true that there are many religions and many things are called gods. I think the other gods are basically in same level as you are and I wouldn’t keep you as my God.

...What about evolution? how does that goes with Christianity? what about the stoning children in Deuteronomy 21? It says something like to stone disobeying children but Jesus did not stone the woman.

Evolution is basically modernization of Mother Earth cult. it is a belief where earth is basically the god that creates. I think it is not reasonable belief, because earth is lifeless dust that can’t really do itself anything.

It is true that there are many things that are wrong and people could deserve death, if they do so. But those who have the right to be judges, have also the right to forgive. And Bible doesn’t give right to be a judge for everyone.

...I find some verses in the Old Testament very different and scarier than the verse in the New Testament. why?

I think that is interesting, after all, in NT it is told that there is hell and not all people will live forever. I think OT is not scary, unless one wants to do evil things, and I don’t know why anyone would want to be evil.

...What about some contradictions in ages and chronologies?

I don’t think there is any contradictions, if the book is understood correctly and one doesn’t add own meanings to what is said.

...Isn't it logical for some people to believe the Scriptures because they give them hope and some people not to believe the Scriptures because they can not be proved if they are valid or not.

What would be needed to prove that it is good to love others as yourself? I think it should be understood, rather than believed.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it would be good to understand first, Bible promises eternal life for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

People who have not heard of Jesus and Bible, can be counted righteous by this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

Jesus came to declare forgiveness. That message is for all people and it is useful, if one is not righteous, because it can give a new start in righteous life. But obviously, if one doesn’t want to receive that, he is free to reject it.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, Because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim release to the captives, Recovering of sight to the blind, To deliver those who are crushed, And to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Luke 4:18-19

I think there are many levels in the Bible, historical, good and right and the future. I think you don’t need to believe in history or in the future, but I think you should understand what is good and right and be righteous, if you want to have eternal life, because eternal life is for righteous. So, to me it is not so much about believing, but about right understanding. Even if you would believe, it would not help, if you are not righteous. Bible tells that even demons believe that God is, and I don’t think it helps them.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
James 2:19

Faith means that person is loyal to Jesus and God. And I hope I would be loyal to Jesus, even if I would not believe that God exists, because loyalty to Jesus and God means that I love others as myself and I think it is good and right.

it is true that there are many religions and many things are called gods. I think the other gods are basically in same level as you are and I wouldn’t keep you as my God.

Evolution is basically modernization of Mother Earth cult. it is a belief where earth is basically the god that creates. I think it is not reasonable belief, because earth is lifeless dust that can’t really do itself anything.

It is true that there are many things that are wrong and people could deserve death, if they do so. But those who have the right to be judges, have also the right to forgive. And Bible doesn’t give right to be a judge for everyone.

I think that is interesting, after all, in NT it is told that there is hell and not all people will live forever. I think OT is not scary, unless one wants to do evil things, and I don’t know why anyone would want to be evil.

I don’t think there is any contradictions, if the book is understood correctly and one doesn’t add own meanings to what is said.

What would be needed to prove that it is good to love others as yourself? I think it should be understood, rather than believed.

I don't disagree with the above.
I just don't understand how you could believe in Jesus and not in God.
How is this possible?
Doesn't one have to believe in God first?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Krishna is the light of God given to those to whom he presented himself.

ONLY Jesus understood Himself to be the Son of Man and the awaited Messiah, or Christ.

I was raised in the U.S. and knew about Jesus...not everyone does.
Those that reject Him are lost.

Those that reject God, in general, are lost.

There is only one God.

Do you believe God will forever cast into hell those that have not heard of Jesus?

Hi Godsgrace,

Krishna is not the light of God given to those to whom he presented himself. Krishna is merely another false religion just like all the ones that God condemns in His word as He worked with His people Israel. The gods of Egypt were not some other manifestation of the one true and living God. Molech and Baal were not some other 'version' of the one true and living God.

In our humanity and sorrow for others who don't know the one true and living God, many try to soften the blow of the message of the Scriptures be teaching others that, "Oh, what you believe about God is just as true and is serving the same God that I serve, but He has presented Himself differently to other cultures or people." I'm sorry, but that just isn't the truth and Jesus and the first apostles and Israel throughout the ages have always had to deal with the gods of other cultures. Never once!!!! No!!!! Not once, do we read or can it be inferred from the Scriptures that these other ideas about a god that other cultures or people hold to, is the same God, but in some different form as the God found in the Scriptures.

Jesus' name has been proclaimed all over the world and in every place on every continent and in every country it is the name 'Jesus' that is proclaimed as the living Son of the one true God. In fact, Islam teaches that God has no Son. Same God? Hinduism teaches that there are many gods. Same God? I don't mean to be difficult about this, but I'm convicted that you are teaching and preaching a false hope to people who will one day find themselves separated from the God that you're trying to convince them that they are seeking.

You're right! There is only one God and He has a Son named, Jesus. That isn't an American belief. That isn't an Asian belief. That is a belief that is found nowhere else but in the writings of the Jewish Scriptures. The people, who since the day of Abraham, were the people that God raised up to do His bidding to bring the knowledge and the way of salvation to all mankind. Teach that Gospel?

Oh, and BTW, it is not 'ONLY Jesus understood Himself to be the Son of Man and the awaited Messiah, or Christ'. According to God's word, God believed it. Paul believed it. Peter believed it. John believed it. I would encourage you to believe it and teach it also, if you are going to take upon yourself the mantle of teaching people the truth of the one true and living God.

Do you honestly think that when Paul was traveling about and came upon the city that worshiped Dianna that he wouldn't have just told them that what they were doing was fine and that Dianna was just another name for the one true God as He had introduced himself to them?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Godsgrace,

Krishna is not the light of God given to those to whom he presented himself. Krishna is merely another false religion just like all the ones that God condemns in His word as He worked with His people Israel. The gods of Egypt were not some other manifestation of the one true and living God. Molech and Baal were not some other 'version' of the one true and living God.
Sure Krishna is a light from God.
It's not like the gods of Egypt.
Not Molech or Baal (they were evil spirits, as you most surely know).

There are gods.
And then there is ONE GOD that reveals Himself to persons.
There is a difference.

In our humanity and sorrow for others who don't know the one true and living God, many try to soften the blow of the message of the Scriptures be teaching others that, "Oh, what you believe about God is just as true and is serving the same God that I serve, but He has presented Himself differently to other cultures or people." I'm sorry, but that just isn't the truth and Jesus and the first apostles and Israel throughout the ages have always had to deal with the gods of other cultures. Never once!!!! No!!!! Not once, do we read or can it be inferred from the Scriptures that these other ideas about a god that other cultures or people hold to, is the same God, but in some different form as the God found in the Scriptures.
Again, I'm not discussing other gods.
I'm discussing the ONE TRUE GOD.
Father...Yahweh
Jesus is the Son
The Holy Spirit
The Trinity or Triune God
This is MY belief...but I'd like not to put God in a tiny box.

Jesus' name has been proclaimed all over the world and in every place on every continent and in every country it is the name 'Jesus' that is proclaimed as the living Son of the one true God. In fact, Islam teaches that God has no Son. Same God? Hinduism teaches that there are many gods. Same God? I don't mean to be difficult about this, but I'm convicted that you are teaching and preaching a false hope to people who will one day find themselves separated from the God that you're trying to convince them that they are seeking.
Islam is a different religion.
Hinduism a different religion.
What I'm saying is that there is only one God.
It's unfortunate, for instance, that Muslims worship Muhammad instead of God,,,although they will deny this.

My point is that if there is a Muslim that truly loves God and is united to the Holy Spirit, God will honor that. After all, it's the heart that counts...even we Christians believe it's the heart that God sees.

BTW, if you care to discuss some other topics,,,I could show you how UNAFRAID I am of proclaiming the truth.

You're right! There is only one God and He has a Son named, Jesus. That isn't an American belief. That isn't an Asian belief. That is a belief that is found nowhere else but in the writings of the Jewish Scriptures. The people, who since the day of Abraham, were the people that God raised up to do His bidding to bring the knowledge and the way of salvation to all mankind. Teach that Gospel?
And you have made my point.
See Matthew 15:26 Jesus said it's not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs. Who are the children in this case? The Jews.

See Matthew 10:5-6 Jesus tells the Apostles NOT to go to the gentiles, but only to the lost sheep of Israel.

It's not until the parable of the Marriage Feast that the "others" are welcomed.
Matthew 22

It is not until John 10:16 that Jesus proclaims He has other sheep, which are not of "this" fold...the Jews.

Jesus came to the nation of Israel, as God had promised Abraham.
But God has made Himself known to other peoples of the world also.
Romans 1:19-20

Oh, and BTW, it is not 'ONLY Jesus understood Himself to be the Son of Man and the awaited Messiah, or Christ'. According to God's word, God believed it. Paul believed it. Peter believed it. John believed it. I would encourage you to believe it and teach it also, if you are going to take upon yourself the mantle of teaching people the truth of the one true and living God.
Yes, I know James 3:1 very well.
However, I'm not here to teach anyone, but only to discuss.
I have taught kids, however, and I've taught them exactly what you state above.

Do you honestly think that when Paul was traveling about and came upon the city that worshiped Dianna that he wouldn't have just told them that what they were doing was fine and that Dianna was just another name for the one true God as He had introduced himself to them?

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Diana was a god.
I'm talking about GOD.
Again, there's a difference.
A person must believe and have faith in GOD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GG,

Thaks for your response:
There are gods.
And then there is ONE GOD that reveals Himself to persons.
There is a difference.

No. There are not gods that actually exist. There are gods that are the makings of man's search for the one true God that the Scriptures tell us has been going on since the days of Seth when men began to call on the name of the Lord. Despite your protestations, Krishna is the same as all of the god's of Egypt and all of the gods of Laban. The one true God regularly commanded that His children not bow down to the gods of the other nations and peoples.

Isaiah declares what other gods are:

"They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by human hands."

The carpenter measures with a line and makes an outline with a marker; he roughs it out with chisels and marks it with compasses. He shapes it in human form, human form in all its glory, that it may dwell in a shrine. He cut down cedars, or perhaps took a cypress or oak. He let it grow among the trees of the forest, or planted a pine, and the rain made it grow. It is used as fuel for burning; some of it he takes and warms himself, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. But he also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it. Half of the wood he burns in the fire; over it he prepares his meal, he roasts his meat and eats his fill. He also warms himself and says, “Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.” From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it and worships. He prays to it and says, “Save me! You are my god!” They know nothing, they understand nothing; their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand. No one stops to think, no one has the knowledge or understanding to say, “Half of it I used for fuel; I even baked bread over its coals, I roasted meat and I ate. Shall I make a detestable thing from what is left? Shall I bow down to a block of wood?” Such a person feeds on ashes; a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, “Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?”

These wood and graven images are what we find are Krishna and Buddha. They are not gods and they are not alive as the one true and living God is alive. They are the imaginings of men. No different than the imaginings of men that created all the many gods of Egypt and the golden calf of Israel. There is one true and living God and He has a Son, named Jesus. According to the Scriptures, there is no other name given in heaven or on the earth by which men may be saved. The name of Krishna cannot save anyone. Nor the name of Buddha or Molech.

I'm afraid that you are the one who is contradicting the Scriptures. You wrote:

That just is not the truth according to the Scriptures. The man cannot mold the Scriptures, but the Scriptures will mold the man. If someone is living in India and knows only Krishna and follows his teachings, and that person comes to love God Almighty, then that person will smash and burn all of the false gods and practices that he has followed in his ignorance. That man will repent of his wickedness. You are correct that there is only one God, but that God does not represent Himself through other gods of man's imagining.

I unequivocally renounce any teaching that would lead one, who practices the worship or teachings of the many other gods of the many various cultures, to believe that within their practice and belief, they are actually worshiping the one true God. That the one true God is somehow fashioned differently by a culture or a people. The God, who reveals Himself to us through His people Israel; the God who, through those same people, delivered unto the world His Christ and our Messiah, Jesus, is one God and He is the same God, called by the same name in every culture and nation upon the face of the earth. For it is true, as the Scriptures declare, that one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.

And it is not an 'American' thing or an 'Italian' thing. It is a worldwide truth that Jesus is Lord. In Japan, in China, in Australia, in South America and Canada and Great Britain and Ireland and Germany and Russia and all the nations in between, it is only the name of Jesus by which men may be saved.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GG,

Thaks for your response:

No. There are not gods that actually exist. There are gods that are the makings of man's search for the one true God that the Scriptures tell us has been going on since the days of Seth when men began to call on the name of the Lord. Despite your protestations, Krishna is the same as all of the god's of Egypt and all of the gods of Laban. The one true God regularly commanded that His children not bow down to the gods of the other nations and peoples.
Some gods are man-made....such as the ones you bring up.
Some are real persons that seek to bring persons to the one true God, since there is only one.

The gods of "other nations and peoples" that the bible speaks of are the gods of Mesopotamia at the time of Jesus....these were not persons but made up gods of which you speak. They were made of gold, or wood and we are not to bow down to fake gods.

Isaiah declares what other gods are:

"They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by human hands."

The carpenter measures with a line and makes an outline with a marker; he roughs it out with chisels and marks it with compasses. He shapes it in human form, human form in all its glory, that it may dwell in a shrine. He cut down cedars, or perhaps took a cypress or oak. He let it grow among the trees of the forest, or planted a pine, and the rain made it grow. It is used as fuel for burning; some of it he takes and warms himself, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. But he also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it. Half of the wood he burns in the fire; over it he prepares his meal, he roasts his meat and eats his fill. He also warms himself and says, “Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.” From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it and worships. He prays to it and says, “Save me! You are my god!” They know nothing, they understand nothing; their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand. No one stops to think, no one has the knowledge or understanding to say, “Half of it I used for fuel; I even baked bread over its coals, I roasted meat and I ate. Shall I make a detestable thing from what is left? Shall I bow down to a block of wood?” Such a person feeds on ashes; a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, “Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?”

You didn't post the scripture...but if you read what you posted and read my above reply, you'll see that I agree.

These wood and graven images are what we find are Krishna and Buddha. They are not gods and they are not alive as the one true and living God is alive. They are the imaginings of men. No different than the imaginings of men that created all the many gods of Egypt and the golden calf of Israel. There is one true and living God and He has a Son, named Jesus. According to the Scriptures, there is no other name given in heaven or on the earth by which men may be saved. The name of Krishna cannot save anyone. Nor the name of Buddha or Molech.
Again, there is a difference between those you name above.
You really should try to understand the difference.
Was Buddha a real person, or was he made out of someone's imaginings with wood?

I'm afraid that you are the one who is contradicting the Scriptures. You wrote:

That just is not the truth according to the Scriptures. The man cannot mold the Scriptures, but the Scriptures will mold the man. If someone is living in India and knows only Krishna and follows his teachings, and that person comes to love God Almighty, then that person will smash and burn all of the false gods and practices that he has followed in his ignorance. That man will repent of his wickedness. You are correct that there is only one God, but that God does not represent Himself through other gods of man's imagining.
You didn't post what I said,,but no matter.
I won't repeat what I've already stated.

I unequivocally renounce any teaching that would lead one, who practices the worship or teachings of the many other gods of the many various cultures, to believe that within their practice and belief, they are actually worshiping the one true God. That the one true God is somehow fashioned differently by a culture or a people. The God, who reveals Himself to us through His people Israel; the God who, through those same people, delivered unto the world His Christ and our Messiah, Jesus, is one God and He is the same God, called by the same name in every culture and nation upon the face of the earth. For it is true, as the Scriptures declare, that one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
Could you please explain Romans 1:19-20?
Thanks.

And it is not an 'American' thing or an 'Italian' thing. It is a worldwide truth that Jesus is Lord. In Japan, in China, in Australia, in South America and Canada and Great Britain and Ireland and Germany and Russia and all the nations in between, it is only the name of Jesus by which men may be saved.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Sure, for those that know about Him.

What happens to those that do NOT know about Him?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GG,

Well, I'll just leave it that I'm not in agreement with your understanding of the things of God. I think the Scriptures are clear enough about what happens to those that don't know Jesus.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Agreed.
Guess most of the earth's population is headed for hell.
The God I know is merciful, loving and just.
And He's not caught in a small box.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kostilaks,

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

• Winner
Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0