United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Whenever you have some answers...
I would suggest you read up on the subject of political rebellion yourself, I suppose you can start with Karl Marx if you havent already.. but I'm reading John Adams biography myself

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest you read up on the subject of political rebellion yourself, I suppose you can start with Karl Marx if you havent already.. but I'm reading John Adams biography myself

I'd still like some specific answers. You either have them or you don't. I'd like to know which.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd still like some specific answers. You either have them or you don't. I'd like to know which.

What answers are you so interested in hearing?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You've been following the thread. I don't need to repeat them.

At least refer me to a post where you asked the question you want the answer to.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At least refer me to a post where you asked the question you want the answer to.

All of a dozen posts ago...533.

And you were well aware of them as you'd been discussing the same matter with another poster 5 posts after that...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All of a dozen posts ago...533.

And you were well aware of them as you'd been discussing the same matter with another poster 5 posts after that...

Oh, that one. Where you asked a whole bunch of questions. It would be best to just ask one or two. Otherwise, it just makes it look like a bunch of rhetorical question that you're not looking for answers to.
In general, there are no definate answers until the time arrives. I doubt the people of Iraq, Venezuela, Argentina, or Libya had answers to those questions until their country collapsed. Then they had to play it by ear. Now, wherever you live, you can learn from history what people did, and can come up with ideas about what people might do in a similar situation. Problem is, too many people still hold to the "It can't happen here!" philosophy, and would end up clueless when the situation is upon them.

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that one. Where you asked a whole bunch of questions. It would be best to just ask one or two. Otherwise, it just makes it look like a bunch of rhetorical question that you're not looking for answers to.
In general, there are no definate answers until the time arrives. I doubt the people of Iraq, Venezuela, Argentina, or Libya had answers to those questions until their country collapsed. Then they had to play it by ear. Now, wherever you live, you can learn from history what people did, and can come up with ideas about what people might do in a similar situation. Problem is, too many people still hold to the "It can't happen here!" philosophy, and would end up clueless when the situation is upon them.

Like I said, it's a fantasy. 'Play it by ear' is the best answer you have? You want one question? Well, here it is. The most basic one. Who is going to organise this uprising? And there'll be a follow up: How?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, it's a fantasy. 'Play it by ear' is the best answer you have? You want one question? Well, here it is. The most basic one. Who is going to organise this uprising? And there'll be a follow up: How?

Probably nobody. If there's an uprising of any kind, it would most likely be independent actors or small groups. If it was something that ended up gaining traction, then groups can merge together. It depends on exactly what is going on at the time.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Probably nobody. If there's an uprising of any kind, it would most likely be independent actors or small groups.

So it's a fantasy that there'd be a general uprising against the government. Because there's nobody in charge. Nobody organising anything. Nobody plotting or planning what to do and when to do it. So all subsequent questions are therefore invalid. Just maybe an 'independent actor' who is going to rise up against the US and...well, I have no idea what this schmuck is going to do except get himself shot. Likewise any group of camo wearing, gun totin' good ol' boys who think, over a few beers, that they are part of the freedom loving new revolution. Like maybe the Wolverine Watchmen (you just gotta laugh) who did a lot of their planning on Facebook, for heaven's sake. And got as far as running around some private property pretending to be military types (a couple of whom are now facing life sentences). Michigan Attorney General details plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

Is it those sort of small groups you were thinking of? Are those the sort of guys who demand the right to take up arms against their government? But I'll grant you that they can be dangerous. Not because they are armed and smart. It's because they are armed and dumb.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it's a fantasy that there'd be a general uprising against the government. Because there's nobody in charge. Nobody organising anything. Nobody plotting or planning what to do and when to do it. So all subsequent questions are therefore invalid. Just maybe an 'independent actor' who is going to rise up against the US and...well, I have no idea what this schmuck is going to do except get himself shot. Likewise any group of camo wearing, gun totin' good ol' boys who think, over a few beers, that they are part of the freedom loving new revolution. Like maybe the Wolverine Watchmen (you just gotta laugh) who did a lot of their planning on Facebook, for heaven's sake. And got as far as running around some private property pretending to be military types (a couple of whom are now facing life sentences). Michigan Attorney General details plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

Is it those sort of small groups you were thinking of? Are those the sort of guys who demand the right to take up arms against their government? But I'll grant you that they can be dangerous. Not because they are armed and smart. It's because they are armed and dumb.

Why not ask who organized all the BLM violence in this country after some random guy dies while being arrested? Who caused black people all over America to suddenly decide at the same time to start rioting in the streets?
That's what an uprising is. Some group of people starts it, and then it catches on with others who identify the same way, and then it spreads.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why not ask who organized all the BLM violence in this country after some random guy dies while being arrested? Who caused black people all over America to suddenly decide at the same time to start rioting in the streets?
That's what an uprising is. Some group of people starts it, and then it catches on with others who identify the same way, and then it spreads.

You want to compare an organised armed uprising against the government with some morons looting shops? That's your comparison? Breaking windows, running off with some white goods and a new pair of Nikes and setting fire to cars? You think that's valid..?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You want to compare an organised armed uprising against the government with some morons looting shops? That's your comparison? Breaking windows, running off with some white goods and a new pair of Nikes and setting fire to cars? You think that's valid..?

Yes, it is. There was clearly organization being done, and it wasn't in just one place. It happened in cities all over the country. You mock the idea that people can organize, but it's been demonstrated time and time again among groups that are said to not even be organizations, but rather "movements".
If people of a particular skin color can collectively come together all over the country to become violent due to a random news story, then why couldn't people of similar values come together when the government involves itself in an action that collectively sets those people off to do whatever they decide to do?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is. There was clearly organization being done, and it wasn't in just one place. It happened in cities all over the country. You mock the idea that people can organize, but it's been demonstrated time and time again among groups that are said to not even be organizations, but rather "movements".
If people of a particular skin color can collectively come together all over the country to become violent due to a random news story, then why couldn't people of similar values come together when the government involves itself in an action that collectively sets those people off to do whatever they decide to do?

I'm sure you really think that's the way it works. Stealing a humvee or a tank or going up against professional well armed soldiers with no organisation or plan and no central command is exactly like a riot where people steal high def TVs. In which case, if that's your Plan A then I don't think that the government has anything to worry about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to reality...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure you really think that's the way it works. Stealing a humvee or a tank or going up against professional well armed soldiers with no organisation or plan and no central command is exactly like a riot where people steal high def TVs. In which case, if that's your Plan A then I don't think that the government has anything to worry about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to reality...

Have fun.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To ask OB's question in another way, why is it only in the US that people feel the need to protect themselves in that way? Where on earth do you live? Is it that dangerous? If it is, then you have some real problems that you need to solve. Your home must be like some kind of fortress.
I moved outside of the city limits of the city where I was born--this year the city set the record for murders. A school I attended (the building is no longer a school) was right in the area of a Black Lives Matter riot where many buildings were burned down--I don't know if it burned down or not I just am not interested in going there to see. In the U.S. law enforcement is going after parents who speak out at school board meetings and those who are not vaccinated instead of the violent criminals. School choice is a long term solution, let parents send their kids to schools where they don't teach racism (Critical race theory) and/or teach them to hate law enforcement. The short term answer is to boot out the leadership that is soft on crime, sadly, it has to get pretty bad before some people act. Despite the suppression of free speech many are waking up.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In the U.S. law enforcement is going after parents who speak out at school board meetings and those who are not vaccinated instead of the violent criminals.

Law enforcement are going against people who threaten violence to government officials (the FBI as it's a federal offence). So let's get that right. And no law enforcement is going after people who are not vaccinated. But they may well take an interest with people who break laws associated with access to venues that have vaccine requirements. Don't get the jab and you lose some freedom. Them's the rules.

Seems a pretty weak argument for buying a gun, but that's your call. And the homicide rate in Minnesota is one of the lowest in the country. If you lived in Louisiana you might have a better argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.