New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All my life, I grew up in the church and loved God and the Trinity. I always loved when God healed people and I felt the power of the Holy Spirit whenever I prayed and very strongly in the church. However,y life changed completely later on. When I was 14, I first heard about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I never gave it much thought until later kept thinking about it. I looked up the verses and it spoke about what the pharisees about Jesus Christ. I don't even suffer from OCD or racing thoughts. I kept having these thoughts in my head and I didn't want to really do it. It sucks badly. One day, I was having these thoughts and I had some doubts and I actually believed one of these blasphemous thoughts about what the pharisees said about Jesus's miracles when they accused him of demonic power and I tried to rebuke it from my heart but it was too late. I tried to come to Christ and repent several times but nothing happened. No heart conversion or conviction of my wrongdoings. I hate myself. I just wished that I never heard about the unpardonable sin. It seems too late and I don't know what to do next.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Relax…………………. you are fine.

You did not commit the unpardonable sin …. And from what I have read …you can’t!

First ….just the fact that your are freaked out about this is one indication …if you had... you wouldn’t care.

Secondly ….it is impossible for anyone who has been born again to commit the unpardonable sin.

In order to do so ….you would have to with full knowledge and do a complete 180. It is not something anyone can do accidently or unintentionally. Unpardonable sin is a deliberate action and commitment and you would absolutely know what you were doing when you did it …

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I tried to come to Christ and repent several times but nothing happened.

Have you ever read 1 John 1:9, If we confess our sins God is faithfull and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrightousness.

If God has forgiven you, just what are you expecting when you repeatedly ask for forgiveness for sins that are already forgiven!

May I suggest that you talk to your minister and get his advice.
If you don't have a minister, please explain why you think you are a christian?

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All my life, I grew up in the church and loved God and the Trinity. I always loved when God healed people and I felt the power of the Holy Spirit whenever I prayed and very strongly in the church. However,y life changed completely later on. When I was 14, I first heard about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I never gave it much thought until later kept thinking about it. I looked up the verses and it spoke about what the pharisees about Jesus Christ. I don't even suffer from OCD or racing thoughts. I kept having these thoughts in my head and I didn't want to really do it. It sucks badly. One day, I was having these thoughts and I had some doubts and I actually believed one of these blasphemous thoughts about what the pharisees said about Jesus's miracles when they accused him of demonic power and I tried to rebuke it from my heart but it was too late. I tried to come to Christ and repent several times but nothing happened. No heart conversion or conviction of my wrongdoings. I hate myself. I just wished that I never heard about the unpardonable sin. It seems too late and I don't know what to do next.

Unpardonable sin seems to be a trap for a lot of people to get hung up on. Either the Lord God almighty is going to do a work in your life and save you from his wrath or he isn't. You are still breathing and on this planet, the Gospel is still translated into your language and its message hasn't changed.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'd recommend you focus on the Love of God ... satan just loves to play with the mind and place doubts about Gods love for you ... ie you're not good enough ... well ... none of us are "good enough" but Jesus IS and we believe it!

Whatever one focus's on effects our emotions .... change your focus.

Colossians 3:1-2
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

May the Lord bring peace to your mind ... AMEN

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The problem you are having is the one where you sit in God's chair and decide for Him. Why not let God do His part and you do yours without getting so worked up about looking over God's shoulder to see if He is doing His job right in the case of judging you?

The devil has just one job - find 1001 reasons that would be good for convincing you to stop cooperating with God. Your history of past failures will do just fine for his needs.

God offers you eternal life - day after day. Just accept it. Your thoughts are being hijack3ed because you are not giving your mind something good to focus on ...

start here --

Steps to Christ

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The unpardonable sin that Jesus mentioned was the Pharisee's attitude toward Jesus, even after seeing all of Jesus's miracles they would rather call Him a devil than repent of their sins. In this state, they were unpardonable, for there was no more proof Jesus could give to them.

For the Christian, there is always the ability to repent or turn away from sin and back to God. The cross covers a lifetime of failures.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

So there is really no sin that is truly unpardonable. It is our attitude toward Jesus that counts.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not what blasphemy of the sweet sweet holy spirt is. You are washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. You are in His hands and His hands are in the Fathers. We walk by faith not sight not feelings. See if we all did this we all know we are lost blew it so many times yet Christ died for our sins. Its what HE did not us. So stop trying to be what you will never be with out HIM! Because you believe in Yeshua/Jesus Christ who came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin was buried rose the 3rd day is seated at the right hand of the Father you are in right standing with God aka righteousness. Sorry you have to like all of us just believe. You are grafted in to the vine. You are SO LOVED! And GOD never ever talks to you like they thoughts you were having. He never uses fear since fear is not of God nor is doubt :) So tell that devil to flee in JESUS name tell Him you...oh oh oh oh the song playing perfect timing "WE BLEIEVE"

So tell the enemy to flee in Jesus name tell those fear doubts to leave you alone because you (WE BEBELIVE) believe and are washed in by the blood of JESUS! Then watch fear leave and the peace of God will come. You put on the whole armor of God.. you have His joy .. be strong in the power of HIS might. You have HIS Joy... on and on.. all that is written.

Upvote 0