I can't find anyone.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been single (unmarried) now since my divorce 10 years ago. During this time I did date a few non-christian women but I wasn't walking with God at the time. Now it's been 5 years since I've had a girlfriend. There are a couple ladies at my church that I find attractive but one is still in high school (too young) and the other one leaves right after church so I have never had the chance to talk to her. I've gone on some dating websites but I haven't had any luck. There was a girl on Plenty Of Fish who tried to get me to go to Las Vegas with her but I figured that might be a bad idea. The story of the Prodigal Son comes to mind. As I've stated previously I have some health problems. I am on disability. But I would like to meet someone. I would like to get married. It seems like when I go on dating sites women are either playing games or they are not interested. I don't want to die alone. How can I find someone? Now that I'm only interested in a strong christian woman it has seriously narrowed the field.

John,

By chance, are you familiar with these with these two passages?

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Psalm 37:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

Delight yourself also in the Lord,

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John,

By chance, are you familiar with these with these two passages?

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Psalm 37:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

Delight yourself also in the Lord,

Those verses don't seem to be working for me.

I think about the Lord all day long but he doesn't give me a wife.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I am sorry to hear these verses don't work for you. IMO these verses just might be the KEY to making yourself more desirable to Christian women. How much time are spending in Bible study and prayer? That would be my suggestion. Does your church have a home Bible study group? If not there are larger churches, even if it was an hour away it might be worth your while to find a church with a singles group. Go where the Christian women are.

One thought, you won't find a woman that really walks with the Lord in a bar.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry to hear these verses don't work for you. IMO these verses just might be the KEY to making yourself more desirable to Christian women. How much time are spending in Bible study and prayer? That would be my suggestion. Does your church have a home Bible study group? If not there are larger churches, even if it was an hour away it might be worth your while to find a church with a singles group. Go where the Christian women are.

One thought, you won't find a woman that really walks with the Lord in a bar.

I spend a lot of time in bible study and prayer. I go to two bible studies a week but my church has a lot of elderly people. Like I said there is probably only one woman at my church that I could see myself dating but I've never had the opportunity to talk to her. Maybe trying a church with more singles is the solution.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been single (unmarried) now since my divorce 10 years ago. During this time I did date a few non-christian women but I wasn't walking with God at the time. Now it's been 5 years since I've had a girlfriend. There are a couple ladies at my church that I find attractive but one is still in high school (too young) and the other one leaves right after church so I have never had the chance to talk to her. I've gone on some dating websites but I haven't had any luck. There was a girl on Plenty Of Fish who tried to get me to go to Las Vegas with her but I figured that might be a bad idea. The story of the Prodigal Son comes to mind. As I've stated previously I have some health problems. I am on disability. But I would like to meet someone. I would like to get married. It seems like when I go on dating sites women are either playing games or they are not interested. I don't want to die alone. How can I find someone? Now that I'm only interested in a strong christian woman it has seriously narrowed the field.

You have a long list of what you want and a mighty short
list (0) of what you plan to provide. Once you start providing
what the ladies need, they will notice you.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have a long list of what you want and a mighty short
list (0) of what you plan to provide. Once you start providing
what the ladies need, they will notice you.

I see the vultures have landed with their insults.

I actually didnt give a list of requirements, the only qualification I gave was that she be a Christian.

I provide my end of the relationship. I'm not looking for a prostitute or someone who just wants to use me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
John, you are a strong believer, knowledgeable in the Bible. You keep a positive attitude, you are down to earth and you are resilient in the face of health issues. From the sounds of things on the forum here, you have a lot of positive qualities. I'm pretty sure you know what you are looking for in a wife, and that you are praying for her daily...not just for to have a wife, but for a wife who seeks the Lord, who looks past health issues, who sees your heart, who has her priorities in place, and who is a woman of virtue.

Is there a church near you where they have a singles group, or are there any clubs you could join where you might meet a woman with similar interests to you? How about word of mouth among your family and friends? Put the word out there that you hope to meet a special someone.

And then I have no idea what to say... I mean, the older we get, I believe the harder it is to find someone compatible and who shares our goals, dreams, values, priorities.... I also think that as we get older, our own priorities change, and maybe companionship might be more important than romance. If that is true for you, maybe take the pressure off of looking for a wife, and just look for a good friend where there is potential for more.

Keep your mind positive, no matter what. Know that God has your best interests at heart - and hers.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John, you are a strong believer, knowledgeable in the Bible. You keep a positive attitude, you are down to earth and you are resilient in the face of health issues. From the sounds of things on the forum here, you have a lot of positive qualities. I'm pretty sure you know what you are looking for in a wife, and that you are praying for her daily...not just for to have a wife, but for a wife who seeks the Lord, who looks past health issues, who sees your heart, who has her priorities in place, and who is a woman of virtue.

Is there a church near you where they have a singles group, or are there any clubs you could join where you might meet a woman with similar interests to you? How about word of mouth among your family and friends? Put the word out there that you hope to meet a special someone.

And then I have no idea what to say... I mean, the older we get, I believe the harder it is to find someone compatible and who shares our goals, dreams, values, priorities.... I also think that as we get older, our own priorities change, and maybe companionship might be more important than romance. If that is true for you, maybe take the pressure off of looking for a wife, and just look for a good friend where there is potential for more.

Keep your mind positive, no matter what. Know that God has your best interests at heart - and hers.

ValleyGal,
as usual I am thankful for your response. There is a Calvary Chapel that is rather large in my area. I was on their website tonight and discovered that they have a singles group. The only problem is that meeting someone there might cause a slight compromise of my beliefs. I was hoping to meet someone in my denomination.

As far as my friends and family goes they all know I am looking for someone.

You are correct that I am more looking for companionship than romance.

Thanks again for your post it really lifted my spirits!

Reactions: ValleyGal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It means to seek Him. Make Him and His way of life first and foremost in your life. Work on building up a relationship with Him first, and once that happens, everythingggggggggggggg in life will begin to fall into place. All problems will gradually disappear and blessings in all areas and everything you do will begin to follow.

Now all you have to do is post questions on this forum asking others how they've successfully found God. God is looking for a relationship with everyone who seeks righteousness and stays away from sin. He loves righteousness and hates sin. It's hard for sinners to find God and get Him to answer their prayers. But if you do the things He loves, He'll answer prayers before you ask of Him.

Just remember this rule-of-thumb when trying to find Him. It's better to give than receive. In fact, just keep giving of yourself to Him and don't expect or ask for anything in return. 99% of your prayers should just be to thank and praise Him. 1% is asking for advice, His guidance. He already knows 100% of your needs. You don't need to ask Him.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It means to seek Him. Make Him and His way of life first and foremost in your life.

I know that, those verses are pretty self explanatory.

Work on building up a relationship with Him first, and once that happens, everythingggggggggggggg in life will begin to fall into place. All problems will gradually disappear and blessings in all areas and everything you do will begin to follow.

You are somewhat condescending by assuming that I don't have a good relationship with God. I already have a relationship with God. I have walked with God most of my life. I even went to Bible College when I was in my 20's and was a youth Pastor for awhile. Unfortunately following God doesn't mean that "everything falls into place". Many of the apostles had horrible problems. They were beaten and put into prison. Following Christ doesn't mean our problems disappear and sometimes it even means more problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus made his stance on remarriage known in Matthew 5:32 and Matthew 19:9. If you want to follow God as you said you do, then do not break what he commanded or entice others to do the same.

Jesus never commanded that people not get remarried.

Upvote 0