Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Was Jesus single? That seems like speculation. I don't think we know for sure.

There is no valid biblical writing pointing to him having a wife. I also don't recall a marriage with him as the groom other than him with believers.

• Agree
Reactions: shelley1952
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no valid biblical writing pointing to him having a wife. I also don't recall a marriage with him as the groom other than him with believers.

The scriptures are silent on the matter. Then again the apostles wives really aren't mentioned either. He did have women who admired him so it's possible he had a wife. We really don't know. It's all just speculation.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seeking God's kingdom first means includes accepting whatever God has for you. It means keeping Jesus at the center of everything you say and do. If you are thinking in terms of Scripture passages "not working," a mindset change is need to that of a relationship with God. Do your part of a good relationship (as defined by God) and he will show himself faithful to what is best for you at the right time.

Let no one think they know what kinds of things they are ready for. God knows everything that will happen even if someone is "ready" in their own mind. And he alone knows the plans he has for you.

It would be just like God to give a person a wife after they have come to accept that they can't get a wife except through his grace alone. You can tell if you have kingdom thinking when you only want a wife if God wants you to have a wife.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seeking God's kingdom first means includes accepting whatever God has for you. It means keeping Jesus at the center of everything you say and do. If you are thinking in terms of Scripture passages "not working," a mindset change is need to that of a relationship with God. Do your part of a good relationship (as defined by God) and he will show himself faithful to what is best for you at the right time.

Let no one think they know what kinds of things they are ready for. God knows everything that will happen even if someone is "ready" in their own mind. And he alone knows the plans he has for you.

It would be just like God to give a person a wife after they have come to accept that they can't get a wife except through his grace alone. You can tell if you have kingdom thinking when you only want a wife if God wants you to have a wife.

Again, I have a really good relationship with God. I have already accepted the fact that I can only receive a wife through his grace. Why he is choosing to keep me single is what is a mystery to me. Genesis says that it is not good for man to be alone. So why would God keep me this way?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because you aren't ready for the wife he has for you, or she isn't ready. Getting married before being ready can defeat the purpose of marrying to be happier, less conflicted, or just less alone. I've always told the Lord I'd rather be single than be in an unhappy marriage. Praying for a wife has been one of my most prominent prayers for more than two decades. When I look back, I thank God he caused (or allowed) me to not get married.

• Agree
Reactions: macks116
Upvote 0

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The scriptures are silent on the matter. Then again the apostles wives really aren't mentioned either. He did have women who admired him so it's possible he had a wife. We really don't know. It's all just speculation.
That would have to have been a REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG Oversight for no one to mention his wife.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Meeting someone can be challenging... if there be things/situations/or personal idiosyncrasies that negatively impact the chances to incorporate someone into your life, even acquainting them with your family can pose problems, not to mention how the adversary(devil) can throw monkey-wrenches into your plans. Life ain't without it's challenges, that's for sure!
Issues have to be dealt with before seriously seeking out a future spouse, no sense in dragging those unresolved issues into a serious courtship and into a marriage...but I know many who have and they had to face the consequences, which sadly in the majority of those marriages lead to divorce and innocent children being deeply wounded by dueling parents who didn't resolve issues before tying the knot.

I see much mention about your health, expressed attitude towards wanting to die, poor choices, lack of this or that etc... challenges many of us face when seeking a love interest or a future spouse. !

Me and my health issues...my love married me anyway, at the time I didn't even have health insurance, I paid out of pocket for everything! I met him online, there not be much between dating online or out in the real world, you find liars, players, deceptions etc on and off line...I know because I experienced both for many years before meeting the man I got married to. Another thing, my husband ain't of the same denomination as I am, what we did was settle on one church to attend before we got married, we agreed to attend the nearest bible teaching church before we moved. We also agreed that we'd set in place a yearly bible study for couples, and that we'd take part in one another's hobbies. We've been doing that since we made the agreement prior to getting married...that was over a decade ago now, so when we purposed a thing we put into to practice from day one and we keep to it.

Now I've been part of different churches and have done my fair share of dating when I was single.
I also know that even if you date people within your own denomination, you will find deferring opinions on biblical things/beliefs...even when the bible be clear on something there'll be someone in the relationship or marriage who won't accept what the scripture teaches...specially on this thing about following your heart. I know men and women who have followed they hearts and they speak on the subject as if it's taught in the bible. That's why so many engage in affairs, they be following they hearts instead of following what the Lord say on the matter in the bible.

There be a Christian website for HIV positive christians and who knows what other websites be available... I know of a herpes dating site because a friend of mine found that site for people with herpes several years ago and that the HIV website was mentioned on the forum. She say it good because now she don't have to keep putting her illness out there, she dates and doesn't have to tell another guy who gets serious with her about herpes and isn't faced with the relationship ending at that very moment. She went through that way too many times before she found that dating website for people with herpes.

So there's much hope and resources available for all kinds of people whether they be sick or healthy. Pray on this matter...then make notes of the resources available in your own area, also sit down and go over what your strengths and weaknesses are, then make a realistic list of what you actually need to be looking for in a future spouse according to biblical teaching...like Boaz did. He already had a good fix on the type of wife suitable for himself and he found those qualities in Ruth...she being faithful and true in her devotion to God and to her mother in-law. Boaz found Ruth gleaning in his field...the Lord still brings people together, we need to be about making ourselves ready, learning to be a godly woman or godly man, following humbly with the Lord, showing mercy, acting justly...which be how Boaz and Ruth behaved not only towards one another but also towards others.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would have to have been a REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG Oversight for no one to mention his wife.

Not really, women weren't held in very high esteem in those days so it wouldn't be surprising that a possible wife not be mentioned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking about going to Vegas with that woman who contacted me on POF. Her profile says she is a Christian. Maybe she wants to get married there. People do go to Vegas for shotgun weddings. But on the other hand maybe she just wants to fornicate and gamble away all my money. I think the Holy Spirit is telling me no but my flesh is telling me yes. What do you guys think about going to Las Vegas with someone I don't know? This could be my chance to meet someone and get married.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking about going to Vegas with that woman who contacted me on POF. Her profile says she is a Christian. Maybe she wants to get married there. People do go to Vegas for shotgun weddings. But on the other hand maybe she just wants to fornicate and gamble away all my money. I think the Holy Spirit is telling me no but my flesh is telling me yes. What do you guys think about going to Las Vegas with someone I don't know? This could be my chance to meet someone and get married.

The choice is yours, but if you feel the Holy Spirit telling you no, then I would advise against this.

Just because her profile says "Christian," doesn't mean she really is. Why does she want to go to Las Vegas? How much have you spoken to her? What do you really know about her? For all you know, she is not who she says she is. Why can't you just meet in a more conventional way and skip the LV thing?

Don't give up. Keep praying, and hopefully God will bless you with a wife soon.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The choice is yours, but if you feel the Holy Spirit telling you no, then I would advise against this.

Just because her profile says "Christian," doesn't mean she really is. Why does she want to go to Las Vegas? How much have you spoken to her? What do you really know about her? For all you know, she is not who she says she is. Why can't you just meet in a more conventional way and skip the LV thing?

Don't give up. Keep praying, and hopefully God will bless you with a wife soon.

I don't know very much about her. But I can't wait forever to get a wife my health is not real good and I don't know how much longer I will be on this earth. I already bought my funeral plot and it is a double space. I need to find a wife to be buried next to me. I don't want to die alone so I can't afford to keep waiting. I'm strongly leaning toward messaging her and telling her I'll go. But I have some reservations. This could really be a bad idea and turn out poorly.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know very much about her. But I can't wait forever to get a wife my health is not real good and I don't know how much longer I will be on this earth. I already bought my funeral plot and it is a double space. I need to find a wife to be buried next to me. I don't want to die alone so I can't afford to keep waiting. I'm strongly leaning toward messaging her and telling her I'll go. But I have some reservations. This could really be a bad idea and turn out poorly.

Are you really thinking of marrying her right after you meet? She's a stranger. This could turn into a huge disaster. I suggest talking and getting to know her more, so that you don't end up hurt.

• Agree
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you really thinking of marrying her right after you meet? She's a stranger. This could turn into a huge disaster. I suggest talking and getting to know her more, so that you don't end up hurt.

Yes, I am willing. I want to get married. I don't want to die alone. You are right though it could be a disaster but it's possible that it could turn out good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am willing. I want to get married. I don't want to die alone. You are right though it could be a disaster but it's possible that it could turn out good.

That's a big risk. She could be trying to take advantage of you and take your money. She could have STDs. She could really be a "he". Who knows.

I'm not trying to scare you, but I think you're selling yourself short. You don't have to run off to Vegas with a stranger.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a big risk. She could be trying to take advantage of you and take your money. She could have STDs. She could really be a "he". Who knows.

I'm not trying to scare you, but I think you're selling yourself short. You don't have to run off to Vegas with a stranger.

Yes, I know it is a big risk. I'm scared to go forward with it. But I've been having trouble meeting someone and I don't know if health wise I really have time to wait for a long courtship.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the Holy Spirit is urging "no," there is nothing more to think about, although there may be more struggle. Consider the things in the Bible that happened because someone made a single bad decision.

God sometimes works on a person until they are humble before him and willing to wait on him. That is a facet of being able to receive a gift from God with good consequences. God doesn't give people gifts before they are ready, because they would be harmful. It is a frequent pattern in his behavior.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the Holy Spirit is urging "no," there is nothing more to think about, although there may be more struggle. Consider the things in the Bible that happened because someone made a single bad decision.

God sometimes works on a person until they are humble before him and willing to wait on him. That is a facet of being able to receive a gift from God with good consequences. God doesn't give people gifts before they are ready, because they would be harmful. It is a frequent pattern in his behavior.

I may not have much longer to live. Is it too much for me to ask for a little happiness with a wife before I die?

Surely God understands my desire for this.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not too much to ask, but God has your happiness in mind more accurately than you. Presumably, you don't want to spend your last days in a worse condition than you are now.

Upvote 0