Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since you are not a Christian, you must choose from that listing, I suggest RELIGION-OTHER. You appear to have made your own. BUT WELCOME because good discussion is always welcomed, and who knows? You just might find the full love of Yeshua!

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grace, mercy and love came from God through Christ Jesus
“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery.5 The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”
Jesus=> They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!
Jesus=>Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”
11 “No, Lord,” she said.
And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

Jesus=>"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Jesus=>"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"- LOVING YOUR ENEMIES

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
Pretoria
✟7,739.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello

I am not looking to debate in this thread.

This is my first post, I would incredibly appreciate if someone could point me to a direction where similar views to my beliefs are shared. I can not call myself a 'Christian' because of certain doctrinal rejections and therefore I find it impossible to associate with any single movement within contemporary Christendom.

Brothers and Sisters, my beliefs may offend, but please show me the courtesy and respect that Jesus showed to everyone else.

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah
Jesus did not abolish or 'abrogate' the Laws, in fact he reinforced their importance.
I believe 'inspired' biblical text does not equate to inerrancy, in fact even the most conservative scholars accept early NT manuscripts are jam packed with errors/omissions/fabrications.
Jesus came to reform Judaism and give essence to the empty robotic rule following.
Jesus will have a second coming
Jewish law was never made void and Jesus never intended that people should start a new religion worshipping him as God. ("Why do you call me good...?")

I do not believe:
That Paul was an apostle, either he was deceived or was the deceiver. (Blasphemous to most Christians and therefore out of respect I do not call myself a Christian)
The rejection of Paul then ultimately leads to:
Rejection of Atonement
Rejection of Faith without work (as emphasised by James [ALWAYS forcefully misinterpreted by mainstream Christianity to reconcile with Paul, at least Martin Luther knew it was a contradiction])
Rejection of Christ's divinity
Rejection of any hypostatic union or any other technical theory relating to the nature/s of Jesus
Rejection of the Trinity (God is one [1] [o.n.e] in every way with no other numbers are associated with him)
Rejection of Original sin

Basically, I'm a Messianic Jew minus Pauline Christianity. Do I belong anywhere or will I forever be an individual without a congregation?
well, i guess yer in the denomination im in?
Law and Testimony, Isaiah 8:20, cause i keep Sabbath, but dont go to SDA meetings cause i scare them :( and not intentionally. You basically listed zactly what i believe, and i believe your waiting for Daniel 12:1 to kick in.

Your Biryonim Netsarim. like me.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-10-20_9-13-10.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Christian Advice
and now
Exploring Christianity.
for an even better fit.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

This is my first post, I would incredibly appreciate if someone could point me to a direction where similar views to my beliefs are shared. I can not call myself a 'Christian' because of certain doctrinal rejections and therefore I find it impossible to associate with any single movement within contemporary Christendom.

Brothers and Sisters, my beliefs may offend, but please show me the courtesy and respect that Jesus showed to everyone else.

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah
Jesus did not abolish or 'abrogate' the Laws, in fact he reinforced their importance.
I believe 'inspired' biblical text does not equate to inerrancy, in fact even the most conservative scholars accept early NT manuscripts are jam packed with errors/omissions/fabrications.
Jesus came to reform Judaism and give essence to the empty robotic rule following.
Jewish law was never made void and Jesus never intended that people should start a new religion worshipping him as God. ("Why do you call me good...?")

I do not believe:
That Paul was an apostle, either he was deceived or was the deceiver. (Blasphemous to most Christians and therefore out of respect I do not call myself a Christian)
Rejection of Atonement
Rejection of Faith without work (as emphasised by James [ALWAYS forcefully misinterpreted by mainstream Christianity to reconcile with Paul, at least Martin Luther knew it was a contradiction])
Rejection of any hypostatic union or any other technical theory relating to the nature/s of Jesus
Rejection of the Trinity (God is one [1] [o.n.e] in every way with no other numbers are associated with him)

Basically, I'm a Messianic Jew minus Pauline Christianity. Do I belong anywhere or will I forever be an individual without a congregation?
I used to believe exactly as you do regarding Paul. But, upon further inspection, he actually 100% endorsed keeping all of Torah as Jesus teaches us to.

I'd just say you're a follower of the way. I'd love to take a look at why you reject Paul though, because as I said - I once felt exactly the same about him.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah

I do not believe:
Rejection of Atonement

Per my research for years, Paul is being totally misrepresented, too often, in Churches. For example He did not change the Sabbath to Sunday with his "Let no man judge you" spiel, which was directed at new converts, encouraging them, in the face of pagan peer pressure, in their observance, not non observance, of the holy days. Does it say he changed the Sabbath to Sunday? Does anything in the Bible say that?

Of course Paul had no authority whatsoever to change a single thing ordained by the Almighty. But he never tried to do that, as falsely claimed. Look at Acts 21 with the KJV. There you see Paul taking a Temple vow to show that he kept the Law. (And no, there is not one set of laws for Jews and one for non Jews. In the Old Testament we are told there is one law for both the stranger in the land and for the native born Israelite. The New Testament says "There is neither Greek nor Jew.")

Everything you need, to clear up your doubts and confusion - common with many - will be found starting with this highly scholarly, heavily Scripture based, vid.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Kit Sigmon
Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The op has rejected the atonement, the deity of Christ, the Trinity, and the biblical writings of Paul, which are the words of God. What else needs to be said?

Repent and put your trust in Christ to be saved.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is real.. Jesus nor the Father or the sweet sweet Holy Spirit belong to any denomination. My self I try to find people Church that believe the word and all it says.

So.. you ask your Father of your lord YESHUA/JESUS Christ.. where He would like you to go. Thats who I would ask 1st. JESUS IS REAL! More real they anyone you know.. just believe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not believe:
Rejection of Atonement

I cannot think of any Christian denomination that rejects these Christian truths.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well, obviously if you're not a Christian, then you're not a Christian.

You might check the Messianic Judaism forum here. From memory, there are some like-minded people there (or there used to be, at least).

Be aware, though, that much of CF is Trinitarian-Christians-only. The paragraphs in red are from the rules:

Faith groups and individuals that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF. Posts that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation are considered non-Christian theology and are not allowed in "Christians Only" forums. Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs.

Challenging Paul's position as an Apostle of Jesus Christ who (although not one of the original twelve) was sent forth by Christ after his conversion [Acts 9:15-16], or arguing against the inclusion of Paul's writings in the New Testament canon, is not allowed in any "Christians Only" forums (including the Controversial Christian Theology forum). You may disagree on the interpretation and application of his writings, but not their place as canon or Paul as an inspired author of Scripture.

I do not believe:
That Paul was an apostle, either he was deceived or was the deceiver.

... Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Christianity & World Religion forum and the Debate Non-Christian Religions forum. ...

Rejection of the Trinity

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why would you follow the laws of Torah if you are a goy? Their entire reason were to keep the Jews segregated from the nation's so they won't melt into them. This is why Jews could sell non-kosher meat to the goyim because it's only sinful to consume if you were a Hebrew but the goy were exempt. They could sell certain things to the goy but buy it back after the end of certain feast days etc.
Also if you reject Paul then you reject most of the NT. This includes the gospel of Luke and book of Acts and the epistle of 2Peter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah

I do not believe:
Rejection of Atonement

Your deepest need is not to find a church or denomination that believes what you believe - it is to find the Church that teaches Truth. Your beliefs can change, as you grow in knowledge and understanding of all that God has revealed of Himself. Truth will not change.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you don't believe in the divinity of Jesus, then you're not a religious Christian. You're probably more like a person who has some idea of what Christianity is, and you loosely follow some of the cultural traditions. To be a Jew, your mother would have to be a Jew, or you'd have to find some official way to convert. The easiest way to become a Christian is to change your stance on the divinity of Jesus, and then you become religiously Christian like most baptists or evangelicals. The Book of Matthew was written for a Jewish audience, so I would recommend reading that as the core of your scripture reading. I'll put an audio link to it below. If you feel a connection to the Jewish part of Christianity, try celebrating Passover at home. There is a part where modern Jews put out a glass of wine for Elijah and open the door to their home so that he will come back, and during that part, imagine that John the Baptist was the spirit of Elijah, and remember that John baptized Jesus, and that Jesus's Last Supper was also a Passover meal, so when you take communion in a Christian Church (or at home with family or friends or by yourself,) you are celebrating the the final Passover Jesus had before he was killed for being King of the Jews. I'm not really sure why you wouldn't believe in the Trinity because the Holy Spirit is what came back to the apostles from heaven after Jesus was resurrected, and the Father is who sent Jesus in the first place. You could probably go to any church where the people are tolerating in their community. Your list of theological requirements makes it sound like you would almost have to go to a super liberal Unitarian Universalist kind of place to find a group of people who don't believe in any thing enough to care what you come up with, but regular Christians will probably let you in if you don't make a scene about it. Or start your own group. Here's the audio of the Book of Matthew: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.: Audio

Hello

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah

I do not believe:
Rejection of Atonement

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Messianic Judaism first came to my mind when I was reading the OP, but by the end of it, I had concluded that the denomination indicated was Unitarian Universalist.

Whether or not that constitutes a Christian denomination is left to be answered. Some UUs would say it is and others would say it is not.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I took from the OP that Ezekiel had not completely ruled out Christianity if there were an appropriate denomination that was accepting of his beliefs as stated. That's why I thought, "It does seem like a *Looking for a Church* thread."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah

I do not believe:
Rejection of Atonement

Welcome to CF. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Everyone seems to have a different interpretation of that statement from the OP. I took it to mean that he thinks he is not considered to be a Christian, but that he was holding open the possibility that there might be some Christian denomination that is compatible with the views he outlined. He just didn't know of any and was putting that matter before us.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0