✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello

I am not looking to debate in this thread.

This is my first post, I would incredibly appreciate if someone could point me to a direction where similar views to my beliefs are shared. I can not call myself a 'Christian' because of certain doctrinal rejections and therefore I find it impossible to associate with any single movement within contemporary Christendom.

Brothers and Sisters, my beliefs may offend, but please show me the courtesy and respect that Jesus showed to everyone else.

I believe in:
Jesus is the Messiah
Jesus did not abolish or 'abrogate' the Laws, in fact he reinforced their importance.
I believe 'inspired' biblical text does not equate to inerrancy, in fact even the most conservative scholars accept early NT manuscripts are jam packed with errors/omissions/fabrications.
Jesus came to reform Judaism and give essence to the empty robotic rule following.
Jesus will have a second coming
Jewish law was never made void and Jesus never intended that people should start a new religion worshipping him as God. ("Why do you call me good...?")

I do not believe:
That Paul was an apostle, either he was deceived or was the deceiver. (Blasphemous to most Christians and therefore out of respect I do not call myself a Christian)
The rejection of Paul then ultimately leads to:
Rejection of Atonement
Rejection of Faith without work (as emphasised by James [ALWAYS forcefully misinterpreted by mainstream Christianity to reconcile with Paul, at least Martin Luther knew it was a contradiction])
Rejection of Christ's divinity
Rejection of any hypostatic union or any other technical theory relating to the nature/s of Jesus
Rejection of the Trinity (God is one [1] [o.n.e] in every way with no other numbers are associated with him)
Rejection of Original sin

Basically, I'm a Messianic Jew minus Pauline Christianity. Do I belong anywhere or will I forever be an individual without a congregation?
That would make you a Messianic Christian Jew, there is a large community of those. As far as finding a church I don't know what to tell you except seek guidance and follow where the Spirit leads. It's not hard to find other believers but be careful, try picking up a doctrinal statement and unless there is something categorically opposed to your convictions take fellowship where you can find it.

Or you can always start a new denomination, always room for one more in Protestantism.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread had a clean up. Please review the
Exploring Christianity Statement of Purpose which includes (and I am highlighting some in red:
This is a forum where non-Christian Seekers are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where Christian members (see Faith groups list) can enter into discussion with them on these questions. The primary focus of this forum is Christian evangelism and discipleship, not to debate Christian Theology or challenge, attack, or argue against, Christianity. If any non-Christian member would like to challenge Christianity, they may do so in the Christian Apologetics forum. Please read and agree with this thread before posting in the Christian Apologetics forum.

We recognize that sincere non-Christian seekers are looking for real answers, and the first reply given may be insufficient to achieve this. It is acceptable for the Original Poster (OP) to probe the answers given, and to continue the discussion on lines which help to clarify their understanding of the Christian faith. If another non-Christian seeker wishes to ask questions about the Christian faith, they may start their own thread. No more than one non-Christian Seeker (the OP) may post in a thread.
Please focus on the OP and not debate each other or accuse each other. Only orthodox Christians and the OP can participate in this thread.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To the original poster, Ezekiel 1820: Is Judaism itself a good fit for you? If you see the Jewish law as a God-given guide to all people, and you're following the Jewish law, and you see Jesus as a Jewish reformer who taught people to follow the spirit of the law as well as the letter, and you don't see Jesus as divine or a redeemer -- maybe that's not too far off from conventional Judaism. Have you tried worshipping at your local synagogue?

Upvote 0