Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is abolished for the Christian.Wea re not under law.

The world is under law and wrath,until they come to Jesus.

Look..they had the law..yet....

John 7;19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?”

Actually..instead of adultery,one should get a divorce.;)

Rom 7:4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.
So as a christain I do not have to keep the law for there would be no law for me?

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So all the preachers that teach that the alw is abolished are liars and therefore must be spreading satan's lies?

Any preacher who says none of the 10 commandments apply to us today is indeed either a liar or an ignoramus.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me put it like this, if you have sex with a Mafia boss' wife or a made guy's wife you are going to get wacked. If you have sex with your pastor's wife or any other man's wife you are going to get spiritually wacked.

Spiritually I am covered with Christ who you tell me abolished the law.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So as a christain I do not have to keep the law for there would be no law for me?
No if you are a Christian there is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:2

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Then show me one verse that shows how the law can stop inner adultery,where it matters.

5 For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead

Notice verse 8..apart from the law..sin lies dead..hmmmmm;)

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No if you are a Christian there is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:2

bugkiller
927154.gif
What does this law of the spirit of life say? Were is it in the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then show me one verse that shows how the law can stop inner adultery,where it matters.

5 For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead

Notice verse 8..apart from the law..sin lies dead..hmmmmm;)
Then I can not sin there is no adultery.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The abolishing of the ten comandments.

Your OP stated "the Law" being abolished"

Anyway , why are you complaining about something being abolished that you have no intention of keeping in the first place ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The abolishing of the ten comandments.

The era of law,came to an end,for them that BELIEVE..it is a law of faith now.See Rom 3;27.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Gal 3:25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,

It means...the faith,this faith,,the gospel era..

look..written in stone..THE 10.

Cor 3:7But if the ministry of death, in letters, graven in stones, began with glory, so that the children of Israel could not fix their eyes on the face of Moses, on account of the glory of his face, a glory which is annulled;

Annulled..

2 Cor 3:11For if that annulled was introduced with glory, much rather that which abides subsists in glory.

Here is a neat word..ABOLISHED.:)

Eph 2:15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two,
so making peace,

Not under law,if we are,adultery will have dominion.But look what happens under grace.

Rom 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Look here,the answer is not the 10.It says we are not under law.The power of the Spirit,is what we live in,as per Rom 8.

Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your OP stated "the Law" being abolished"

Anyway , why are you complaining about something being abolished that you have no intention of keeping in the first place ?
It is not a matter of not keeping the law, but we teach that it is abolished, don't we? If it is, then there is no requirement to keep it!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Any preacher who says none of the 10 commandments apply to us today is indeed either a liar or an ignoramus.

Why didn't preacher Paul want the law for the Galatian churches?
According to your post,that would set aside the grace of God,and sever from Christ.

That..that..would be an ignoramus.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is not a matter of not keeping the law, but we teach that it is abolished, don't we? If it is, then there is no requirement to keep it!

You cant keep it.If Pharisee paul,educated under gamaliel could not,how can you?

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You desperatly need a new pair of
glasses.jpg
for these
eyes.gif
and perhaps a new one of these
bible.jpg

bugkiller
927154.gif
Are you trying to confuse me? You tell me that the law is abolished for the christian. What are trying to prove? Abolished but still required? That is rediculous!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.