Status
Not open for further replies.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Frogster,
Actually what is posted here proves the commandments are in effect! You listed Romans 13 above...What does Paul say here in the end..."these are briefly summed up in the saying thou shall love your nieghbor." They are summed up. They add up to!!!

As I posted earlier, the first four are summed up in "thou shall love God with all your heart" the last six of the ten commandments are "thou shall love your nieghbor"...Mark 12 as you posted above is a summation of the law!!!

As far as John which you post above are the same commandments...Remember...."I and my father are one."...Christ came to reveal the father. They are in total agreement with one another!!!

The only way the law is binding on a man is if he is knowingly breaking it. You ask what did Paul mean when he wrote, "For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor." Rather simple really. Once he accepted Christ and to obey or live by his commandments (God's law) at baptism he put on a new man. ie Look up new man...He is forgiven of his sins and goes forth under God's grace living a life of obedience to God. If he were to rebuild that old man then he would be a transgressor of the law.

The law only lets us know what sin is!!! Without it how would we know?

YosemiteSam
If the ten commandment law is inforce today for the born again believer why does the scripture tell us to throw out the law in Gal 4:30? Why does the Scripture say Christ is the end of the law Rom 10:4?

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian