Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pastor siad that the Ten Commandments are Abolished we are under Grace not the law. The law says.
1And God spake all these words, saying,

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13Thou shalt not kill.
14Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15Thou shalt not steal.
16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
I now understand why the pastor could say that a man that never cmae to church, drank run and did as he likes was now in heaven at his funeral.
We are wasting our time in church. there is no need to be perfect or to do good. Grace will save us or has saved us. there is a free for all. Make sure that the courts free the murderers God does not condemn them why should we? Let the thief steal, why if God does not condemn him why should we?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Elder 111. In Matthew, chapter 22, verses 35 - 40, a Lawyer asked Jesus: " Master, which is the great Commandment in the law?" Jesus said unto him: " Thou shalt love thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first, and great Commandment. And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the law and the prophets." If you love the pastor, as you love yourself, would you do that to him? Would Jesus help you, and guide to heaven? We know that without Jesus, we have no chance to reach Heaven. Jesus died that we might live, Jesus reconciled us to God, Jesus kept telling us: You must repent, exchange your old sinful character into loving selflessly, with no strings attached, AND you must forgive others, as God has forgiven you. I say this with love and assurance, Elder. Sincere greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like you need to study up on Romans.Paul anticipated your views,which reflect an elemental understanding about the power of God.He asked your question,then answered.Please note,it says we are not under law.

Rom 6:15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems like you need to study up on Romans.Paul anticipated your views,which reflect an elemental understanding about the power of God.He asked your question,then answered.Please note,it says we are not under law.

Rom 6:15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

^_^:thumbsup:

Romans 3:8 And not [rather], (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
^_^:thumbsup:

Romans 3:8 And not [rather], (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

Yep..plus we have rom 6:1.
They were also teaching that Paul promoted apsotasy.When they said "forsake" Moses im Acts 21.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pastor siad that the Ten Commandments are Abolished

Nope.

The law says.

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13Thou shalt not kill.
15Thou shalt not steal.
16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

These were not abolished, but summed up in two commandments, by Jesus - love the Lord your God (1st 4), love your neighbour as yourself (last 6).

I now understand why the pastor could say that a man that never cmae to church, drank run and did as he likes was now in heaven at his funeral.

I don't.
He can't say that unless he KNOWS for a fact that the man accepted Jesus as his Saviour.

We are wasting our time in church.

No, we meet together to worship God together, pray together, hear his word together, get spiritual support and encouragement and learn how we - TOGETHER - are the body of Christ in our community.
Heb 10:25 says,
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing".

there is no need to be perfect or to do good.

We CAN'T be perfect, and while dood deeds/works will not save us, they are an expression of our love for God and of how real our faith is.
Eph 2:10 says,
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Grace will save us or has saved us. there is a free for all. Make sure that the courts free the murderers God does not condemn them why should we? Let the thief steal, why if God does not condemn him why should we?

Rom 6:1;
"What then? Shall we go on sinning that grace may increase? By no means!"
Romans 6:15;
"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!"

Anyone who has repented of sin and accepted that Jesus died for them, has been baptised also into his death (Rom 6:2-4). If we have been baptised into his death, we have died, with him, to sin. If we have died to sin and are in Christ, we are new creations.
We will not want to keep on deliberately and continually sinning,
a) because this does not glorify God
b) sin is not our master, so why should we give into it?
c) it is not a very good witness to claim that you love God, are his child and a new creation - just before you rob a bank, or beat someone up.
d) John the Baptist warned people to show the fruits of repentance - in other words, don't just say the words, show that you mean them. Prove that you mean to repent = turn from your previous lifestyle. Don't insult God by saying one thing and doing another.
e) Jesus commanded us to love as he loved us - he died for us while we were still sinners and did not deserve his love. You cannot love someone if you are intent on causing them pain or harm.

I hope the pastor isn't/wasn't teaching all that you've just said. If he was, I suggest you either send him to Bible college or sack him

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The pastor siad that the Ten Commandments are Abolished we are under Grace not the law. The law says.

13Thou shalt not kill.
15Thou shalt not steal.
We are wasting our time in church. there is no need to be perfect or to do good. Grace will save us or has saved us. there is a free for all. Make sure that the courts free the murderers God does not condemn them why should we? Let the thief steal, why if God does not condemn him why should we?
Your misunderstanding and shameless mocking will not convince people to become you elder 111. Galatians 5:16-21

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Elder 111. In Matthew, chapter 22, verses 35 - 40, a Lawyer asked Jesus: " Master, which is the great Commandment in the law?" Jesus said unto him: " Thou shalt love thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first, and great Commandment. And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the law and the prophets." If you love the pastor, as you love yourself, would you do that to him? Would Jesus help you, and guide to heaven? We know that without Jesus, we have no chance to reach Heaven. Jesus died that we might live, Jesus reconciled us to God, Jesus kept telling us: You must repent, exchange your old sinful character into loving selflessly, with no strings attached, AND you must forgive others, as God has forgiven you. I say this with love and assurance, Elder. Sincere greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Emmy If the law is not then I can not sin. Do you forget that sin is the transgression of the law? I am going by the very words of the pastor. If the law is abolished then it is!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is either abolished or not. Sin is transgressing the law if you tell me the law is abolished whyare you telling me about sin?

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope.

These were not abolished, but summed up in two commandments, by Jesus - love the Lord your God (1st 4), love your neighbour as yourself (last 6).

I don't.
He can't say that unless he KNOWS for a fact that the man accepted Jesus as his Saviour.

No, we meet together to worship God together, pray together, hear his word together, get spiritual support and encouragement and learn how we - TOGETHER - are the body of Christ in our community.
Heb 10:25 says,
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing".

We CAN'T be perfect, and while dood deeds/works will not save us, they are an expression of our love for God and of how real our faith is.
Eph 2:10 says,
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Rom 6:1;
"What then? Shall we go on sinning that grace may increase? By no means!"
Romans 6:15;
"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!"

Anyone who has repented of sin and accepted that Jesus died for them, has been baptised also into his death (Rom 6:2-4). If we have been baptised into his death, we have died, with him, to sin. If we have died to sin and are in Christ, we are new creations.
We will not want to keep on deliberately and continually sinning,
a) because this does not glorify God
b) sin is not our master, so why should we give into it?
c) it is not a very good witness to claim that you love God, are his child and a new creation - just before you rob a bank, or beat someone up.
d) John the Baptist warned people to show the fruits of repentance - in other words, don't just say the words, show that you mean them. Prove that you mean to repent = turn from your previous lifestyle. Don't insult God by saying one thing and doing another.
e) Jesus commanded us to love as he loved us - he died for us while we were still sinners and did not deserve his love. You cannot love someone if you are intent on causing them pain or harm.

I hope the pastor isn't/wasn't teaching all that you've just said. If he was, I suggest you either send him to Bible college or sack him
This is broadcasted every day over radio and TV even in the forum. So we need alot more bibles. I fail to follow all of you. one minute the law is abolished and the next you should not sin. It can not be both!!! Is Paul saying that the Ten commandements is abolished or not?

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you ?

Think of the profound hurt to all involved ... ai yi yi :(
What hurt? Once I am in Christ and He has done away with the law, what are you talking about?
This supported by all major Christain Faiths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The pastor siad that the Ten Commandments are Abolished we are under Grace not the law.

You are saying that your pastor is your mediator between you and the Father instead of Jesus . That is interesting . If you were under the Law , you would be listening to the Levitical priests in charge of the Law .

The above quote would only be a surprise to you if you have always thought that you were under the Law . Who told you that ?

Now you are saying that "going to church" earns salvation . Where did you get *that* idea ?

If you don't like what your pastor says , why not go to them about it so that there is a better understanding and perhaps a change of heart for one or both of you ? Or , you can leave the group . Complaing about your not agreeing with your pastor to us won't make them change their tune .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Elder 111. If you have sex with the pastor`s wife, you might get away with it for a short time, God`s Holy Law will give you the fitting consequences, and you may be sure of this.We are on Earth to learn to love as God wants us to, Love God with all our being, WHY? God is not to be mocked, God will know, and He will mete out the fitting lesson for you. God is a righteous and fair Judge, God does not enjoy teaching us just deserts, BUT God`s Holy Law stands forever, and God has given us the Commandments out of Love for us. God wants holy sons and daughters, and God`s Law will make sure we learn how to become as God wants us to. The second Commandment is to love our neighbour, i.e. all others, friend or foe. And this Commandment stands too, if we ignore it, or wilfully go against, we will have to bear consequences to learn from and to realise that God is Love, but His Law will teach us, often with painful rewards. I say this humbly and with love, Elder. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. God knows our hearts, He knows our thoughts and wishes, and OUR GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.