New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I have been having thoughts that are saying similar things to what the pharisees said in Matthew 12:24 when they called the Holy Spirit demonic. I have these thoughts and I don't want to believe them but I think I can't be forgiven. I don't want to believe it but I don't know if I am doomed. I don't know what to do. What happens if you accidentally believe these thoughts? I don't know if I believe these thoughts.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I have been having thoughts that are saying similar things to what the pharisees said in Matthew 12:24 when they called the Holy Spirit demonic. I have these thoughts and I don't want to believe them but I think I can't be forgiven. I don't want to believe it but I don't know if I am doomed. I don't know what to do. What happens if you accidentally believe these thoughts? I don't know if I believe these thoughts.
This isn't a if you think a certain thought or say certain words you've doomed yourself situation. If you truly think Jesus was an agent of the devil or had a devil in him, then you can't be saved because you wouldn't have any belief and faith in Jesus as the Son of God.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This isn't a if you think a certain thought or say certain words you've doomed yourself situation. If you truly think Jesus was an agent of the devil or had a devil in him, then you can't be saved because you wouldn't have any belief and faith in Jesus as the Son of God.
Yes, but I don't have conviction for my sins and I think that I committed this sin. What happens now?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tried not to have those thoughts and to believe them but I think I did it
Again, this isn't a single time thing. It's a prevailing thing that in a sense would make you an atheist. And If you're atheist you wouldn't think you were doomed, because you wouldn't believe in any of that.

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, this isn't a single time thing. It's a prevailing thing that in a sense would make you an atheist. And If you're atheist you wouldn't think you were doomed, because you wouldn't believe in any of that.
Can you explain in more detail? I don't understand what you are trying to say

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I don't have conviction for my sins and I think that I committed this sin. What happens now?
The fact that you are worried about it shows that you are not doomed. If you had blasphemed The Holy Spirit you would not care anymore. You would have no conviction. Pray and ask God to give you peace about this.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you explain in more detail? I don't understand what you are trying to say
Maybe I can do that better if you explain what you mean by being doomed. What does being doomed entail?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

That is not a correct understanding of Matthew 12.

First the pharisees did not call The Holy Spirit demonic.

They stated that the miracles Jesus was doing was by the power of the prince of demons. They said nothing about the Holy Spirit.

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not a correct understanding of Matthew 12.

First the pharisees did not call The Holy Spirit demonic.

They stated that the miracles Jesus was doing was by the power of the prince of demons. They said nothing about the Holy Spirit.

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
They attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub. That is why Jesus said whoever blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It sounds like you are having intrusive thoughts. This could be a sign of OCD/Scrupulosity. You may want to research the topic if you haven't already.

"Scrupulosity OCD is a common Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) subtype in which a person experiences intrusive, unwanted thoughts, images, or urges about violating their religious, moral, or ethical beliefs. These obsessions cause the person significant distress, anxiety, and guilt, which they then try to relieve by engaging in compulsive behavior, like avoidance and excessive praying." - Religious or Scrupulosity OCD: Symptoms and Treatment | NOCD (treatmyocd.com)

Excessive prayer would mean repeatedly praying because you don't feel "right" or forgiven yet. Maybe your mind keeps telling you that you didn't say the prayer right, so you have to pray again, and again, and again.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For a start, you have not committed any sin that is unpardonable. The cross covers all of our sins from the day we were born to the day we die:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

The unpardonable sin that is being talked about in that verse is the Pharisees had seen all of Jesus's miracles, his signs, and wonders, and would rather call Him a devil than believe. In that state, there was nothing more Jesus could do. He had shown all of the evidence that was possible. So essentially their sin was unpardonable.

There is no sin of ours that technically can't be forgiven, but we need to come to Jesus, not move away from Him.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub. That is why Jesus said whoever blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven

No, it never states that in Matthew by the pharisees ,
it was Jesus who stated this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God made you - so that by design - your healthy function is in this way
1. Accept Christ as your savior.
2. Spend time with God in meditation, Bible reading prayer.
3. Always engage in "out flow" - sharing the good news with others. uplifting others with Bible truth.

As long as you run on all three of those cylinders you will have healthy thoughts. Until then "The holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and righteousness and judgment" John 16 -- so avoid worldly entertainment and keep your mind on things above.

The reason the Dead Sea is so salty is that it has no "outflow". Fresh water comes in and then it all dies without any outflow.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you are having intrusive thoughts. This could be a sign of OCD/Scrupulosity. You may want to research the topic if you haven't already.

"Scrupulosity OCD is a common Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) subtype in which a person experiences intrusive, unwanted thoughts, images, or urges about violating their religious, moral, or ethical beliefs. These obsessions cause the person significant distress, anxiety, and guilt, which they then try to relieve by engaging in compulsive behavior, like avoidance and excessive praying." - Religious or Scrupulosity OCD: Symptoms and Treatment | NOCD (treatmyocd.com)

Excessive prayer would mean repeatedly praying because you don't feel "right" or forgiven yet. Maybe your mind keeps telling you that you didn't say the prayer right, so you have to pray again, and again, and again.

Listen to this in particular, @stars1777 . There are plenty of people here at this very site who have gone through or are still suffering an almost identical experience as you. You aren't alone, and this definitely does not sound in the least like you are truly reprobate or doomed or anything. Remember what Jesus Himself also had to say in the gospels, as well as about an unforgivable sin: "Knock and the door shall be opened." When taking Jesus' ministry and everything He said as a whole, I think it is obvious that the Gospel will always be open to anyone who seeks it, and the unforgivable sin is only thus because the transgressor does not care or want forgiveness, not because it is some one-time mess-up and suddenly God's all "welp! Sorry! That's that. You done failed the test. I don't care what you feel about it afterwards or if you still want to believe in my Son and be in My graces; My hands are tied, can't help you anymore!"

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

They didn't call the Holy Spirit demonic .... they claimed that Jesus was using the power of the devil (rather than that of God).

No the Holy Spirit is not demonic ... the Holy Spirit is from God .... demons are of the devil (satan and the fallen angels)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No..it does not work like that. The fact you are asking it :) See Jesus said if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains. I think one would have to KNOW that they know that they know the sweet sweet holy Spirit.. I mean know Him to do this. Again I think almost all would agree the fact you have to ask..so the enemy is just lying to you :) so if you want.. just tell Him what you said here...then forgive your self and let His peace come! its ok

Upvote 0