✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 9:34

You are missing something in you reading of my post. When the person who started this topic he stated. saying similar things to what the pharisees said in Matthew 12:24 when they called the Holy Spirit demonic.

The pharisees never called The Holy Spirit demonic. The pharisees stated that Jesus was healing by the power of Beelzebub.

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are missing something in you reading of my post. When the person who started this topic he stated. saying similar things to what the pharisees said in Matthew 12:24 when they called the Holy Spirit demonic.

The pharisees never called The Holy Spirit demonic. The pharisees stated that Jesus was healing by the power of Beelzebub.

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
By saying that they attributed what Jesus was doing by the power of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub. That's why Jesus said what he did.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I have been having thoughts that are saying similar things to what the pharisees said in Matthew 12:24 when they called the Holy Spirit demonic. I have these thoughts and I don't want to believe them but I think I can't be forgiven. I don't want to believe it but I don't know if I am doomed. I don't know what to do. What happens if you accidentally believe these thoughts? I don't know if I believe these thoughts.

But you see, if you were of a sort with the Pharisees who accused Jesus of casting out the demonic by the power of the devil, you wouldn't be worrying about having the thoughts you've had. What made the Pharisees so unforgiveable was that they didn't think twice about slandering Jesus. They didn't go away from Christ biting their nails, fretting about having said the awful things they had about him. But you are. Those who are truly "unforgiveable" are those who are so far gone into sin they don't have the slightest qualm about their sin, or the briefest thought about God. That isn't you, obviously. I mean, you're here stressing over having had bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, right?

So, relax. If/when you're so far gone as to be unforgiveable, you won't be aware that you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟614,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am talk about going to hell forever. Being unforgivable.
If you had committed the unforgivable sin, you would not believe in that. The unforgivable sin is unbelief. It's not so much what the Pharisees said that was the problem, it was refusing to believe in Jesus that was their problem. If you refused to believe in Jesus, you would not believe anything he said, including what he said in Matthew 12:24. If one does not believe in Jesus, then one can not be forgiven of their sins.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By saying that they attributed what Jesus was doing by the power of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub. That's why Jesus said what he did.

Again you are missing my point to my post addressing the topic starters statement, that he said the pharisees were saying the Holy spirit was demonic. That is not what they said they said that Jesus was doing his miracles by beelzebub. The focus of the pharisees was Jesus and what he was doing. Jesus was the one who stated that, he was healing by The spirit of God.

That is it for me i am through with this back and forth, believe what you want.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,059,214.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I don't have conviction for my sins

If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting on a Christian forum and asking for advice from Christians.

The Pharisees did not just have thoughts that Jesus might be demonic, they publicly said that the only reason he was able to do miracles was by the power of Satan.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0