Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
If God wants you married he will provide just the right person for you.

This is not always true. Gifts can be withheld for reasons like sin, ignorance and such. You can also reject gifts based on your beliefs and God can acknowledge them. Your will and God's must be aligned for His gifts to be granted....

Reactions: Single Life
Upvote 0

Single Life

Apr 20, 2019
USA
✟22,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
If God wants you married he will provide just the right person for you. I know a lot of people who don't watch tv and are not into movies. If you set your mind to that you might hinder Gods will for you..
Blessings
If so it will be a complete act of God because I am not looking. If God wants me to marry then it is up to Him not me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
MINDLESS viewing? I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

That statement was predicated by one word. The ‘idea’ would not apply to the viewer but to its creator.

Everyone has their own interest.

However, I'm a movie junkie myself and to suggest it as "mindless viewing" is a little out there and in fact, what I'm seeing discussed here, I'm just kind of shaking my head as how as to some of the things being discussed here is pretty close to...tin foil hat way of thinking.

Yes they do and if you enjoy movies what’s the issue? If that’s your chosen form of entertainment that’s fine. Our preferences are rarely identical.

I spent time with a devout Christian woman last night. She's a major TV/Entertainment enthusiast. I was kind of surprised about it, but thank heavens we could relate to each other in a sense. lol. Shared interests does help keep the conversation going.

I’m glad you enjoyed your outing and conversed with someone who shares your interest. Common bonds are nice.

PS.. I mean, I hope I don't seem to offend anyone with the "tin foil hat" comment, but that's the best analogy I could come up with.

Do you feel the remark reflects Christian dialogue or tongue-in-cheek rhetoric?

The premise of this thread was the OP sharing his thoughts regarding his uniqueness and the impact it might have on his dating life.

My comments were given to provide reassurance and encourage him to trust God’s provision of a suitable companion in light of his interests.

I am uncertain what you hoped to contribute to that aim. Perhaps you can expound and shed light on your response and what you intended to add to the discussion.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have come to the conclusion that I am too unique to date. I Doubt I will get along with a other person in dating or marriage because of my uniqueness. For example, I dislike watching t.v or movies and I don’t think that I will find anyone who does not watch tv or movies. I guess I am to remain single in the name of Jesus.

You're not alone. I also don't watch TV.

The only TV I have is hooked to my computer for work. It can't be used to watch TV shows.

I am also unique that I have little need for leisure / entertainment. I can tag along but you can put me in the remotest part of the planet or underground, underwater and I'll be perfectly fine.

Reactions: Single Life
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I too like classical and some jazz. I dislike the way the media tries to get me to dislike or be disappointed in my situation and or makes me mad.

You are not dating the media. There are people like you. My family (as a child) got rid of our tv after I got to middle school. My husband liked tv and our compromise was no cable. The tv sat there but didn't rule our lives. We did watch plenty of documentaries from the library related to the topics were were studying (homeschool) as my kids grew up. I did get cable after my husband died (I can't stand a quiet house). I use it as noise in the background to keep me company and have more options with cable. Neither of my kids are big tv watchers now but they do watch movies and do a lot online.

If a guy asks you out by inviting you to a movie (a normal safe 1st date), just smile and tell him that you don't really like movies but are open to getting a coffee or going to a local festival/museum/etc. And even if do fall in love with a man who does watch movies and tv occasionally, you can set up a secondary room for him to watch his shows as a compromise that doesn't make the tv a center of your relationship. There are plenty of people who primarily use the tv as background noise.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am more into clean family friendly if I am to watch tv or movies but other then that I can do with out the media. In this fact I would rather stay single then have to date a t.v watcher.

Why do you think this is such a big deal? There are plenty of people who do not watch tv or just do in the absence of anything else to do and can take it or leave it. You admit to watching clean family friend shows. Date or don't date because that is your choice. Don't hide behind the tv as a reason to believe you are above others. Simply say that you are not interested in dating and like being single.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I have edited the post to not watching any tv. How can I hide behind something I don’t have. Thanks for your input but dating is not my choosing it is God’s.

Actually, it is easy to watch tv at places other than your own home. And there is nothing in the Bible about dating so "dating" isn't really God's choice. It is how our society gets people married. Other cultures do it other ways.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe God has more control over our dating life’s then we think He does. For He knows the number of our days.
Of course He does. He's sovereign. The question is; are people going to allow Him to micro-manage those minute details of their lives. I plan on making a blog post regarding this and how it relates to the ranks of Christians in His kingdom soon.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I believe God has more control over our dating life’s then we think He does. For He knows the number of our days.
I am missing the connection between dating and death? My husband died at 41 year old. As much as losing him hurt, I would go through it again even if knew he would die young.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For example, I dislike watching t.v or movies and I don’t think that I will find anyone who does not watch tv or movies.

Um... There's plenty of people who don't watch TV or movies.
They live in countries where there are no TVs or movies...

I can go a good movie every now and then, HATE commercials though. Won't do it anymore. So, almost no TV. I can't stand seeing them everywhere. In Pizza Hut - 7 TVs, all going all the time trying to capture and hold attention. It feels like a brainwash attempt. Much prefer live plays for entertainment.

Not going to see a Godzilla movie with me when it came to theater would be deal-breaker. I doubt you are as unique as you think.

Upvote 0