• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am the most scared I’ve ever been in my life

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out to receive the most help from as may fellow Christians as possible.

I woke up today at 3am,I was unable to Go back to sleep,so I’m typing this because I’m feeling stuff that I never thought I’d ever feel.
For some reason,I feel unwanted hate towards Jesus that’s scaring me very badly,I keep begging Jesus to please bring peace and comfort to my troubled soul.
Everytime I pray I repent of what I thought 2 days ago,I’m bombarded with “why be repentant yo a God who created sin” in my mind
To help,I watched a few clips from Movies of Jesus,but when I watched crucifixion scenes I was getting feelings that “ he somehow deserved it” and that scared me so badly that I immediately went to the Lord in prayer.To make matters worse,I had a horrible nightmare last night where in a fictional large mansion that belonged to my family in it,there was a secret evil society in it that had a giant white face idol with an upside down cross on it.I’m even more scared and worried than I was yesterday.I feel like somehow demonically possessed or Going insane.Please,for the mercy of Lord Jesus Christ please please pray for me.I’m extremely scared

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you. It's good that you have repentance that's a good sign. I'm sure a lot of Christans have said and felt what you're feeling. Remembee in the end God isn't going to lose any of his sheep and oneday you'll see your family from CF. That's what keeps me going. Might be helpful to you.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was getting feelings that “ he somehow deserved it”

We are conditioned by society to think that way to justify all the violence we see in the news. It's not a genuine thought.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For some reason,I feel unwanted hate towards Jesus that’s scaring me very badly,I keep begging Jesus to please bring peace and comfort to my troubled soul.
Everytime I pray I repent of what I thought 2 days ago,I’m bombarded with “why be repentant yo a God who created sin” in my mind
To help,I watched a few clips from Movies of Jesus,but when I watched crucifixion scenes I was getting feelings that “ he somehow deserved it” and that scared me so badly that I immediately went to the Lord in prayer.

Blaise, I am willing to bet that these thoughts and feelings only came to you because you've been locked in a state for so long where you have been terrified of them happening. It's small wonder then that every time you try to pray or find comfort in Christ in some way, that your brain discovers a new sentence that sounds evil to you or blasphemes the Lord in some way - such as what you've said above: "why be repentant towards God" - to run through your constantly troubled mind. It's OCD, man, nothing more. A very emotionally and mentally harmful form of OCD, in my opinion. You clearly don't want these thoughts and feelings. I will pray that God has mercy upon you and frees you from this trouble. Surely He knows and understands.

And if it helps at all, I can give you a prime example from back when I suffered through the same kind of OCD that you appear to, where my brain kept coming up with new ways to be fearful, to be terrified at the possibility that I am "not really saved" or that I "am not a true believer in Christ", etc. I will try to keep this brief. My struggle with this kind of OCD in 2012 first came when one morning that February I felt a surge of what I can only describe as demonic, negative energy. I felt sick, actually. A few seconds of experiencing it, I yelled out "Why are you trying to take away my joy, Satan?!" .... And then I immediately thought, just in the pure emotion of the moment, oh no! What if that was the Holy Spirit doing that to me, and I just called Him Satan?! There it is! I've committed the unforgivable sin!

Never mind the sheer absurdity of the possibility that it would be the Holy Spirit, also called the Comforter by Christ Himself at one point in the gospels, who would give me such a negative feeling as I felt that morning. Why would He ever do that? The point is, even after having calmed down from that time and deciding in my head that I did not commit the one unforgivable sin of blasphemy of the Spirit, over the next two weeks or so I kept fearing doing something else, saying or thinking anything else that would then be counted as unforgivable, that would blaspheme the Holy Spirit in some way, because now due to that first experience I was put in a ridiculous mindset that, even after coming to believe in Jesus Christ for years now, and knowing of and accepting the fact of His great sacrifice for all of our sakes', that now God was out to get me by either testing me Himself or allowing some test to come to me at any time for the rest of my life that would render all of that belief and faith and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ null and void for me should I fail the test. So, like I said in the first paragraph, just like with how I think this might be happening to you right now, I sure enough eventually had a blasphemous thought cross my mind one night about two weeks later after that first incident ... precisely because I was so fearful of it happening. The thought was a particular curse against the Holy Spirit. Despite my confidence that the Lord knows my heart and that I would only be doing so in order to show candor and a desire to help you, I will not type out exactly what that thought was. Again, not out of a fear that somehow it would "count" as the unforgivable sin if I did, but I fear it would actually do more harm than good for you and anyone else here struggling with blasphemous or fearful thoughts right now (no need to plant another possible thought in your heads right now for you to worry about thinking and then fearing that you "mean it"). The point is, that thought that was a curse against the Spirit only popped up in my mind for the first time in my then entire 28 years of life, because I was already in a mental state (due to the first incident I described above where I first had that demonic feeling and panicked for a second that I was calling the Holy Spirit "Satan" when I rebuked the feeling - again, it was only foolish that I so much as entertained the notion for the slightest bit of time that it was the Holy Spirit who would make me feel so ill and downtrodden all of a sudden) where I would be fearful of anything, anything happening in my mind or in my actions or whatever that would suddenly render me condemned.

It's not your fault, man. Keep praying for the Lord's healing and be determined to cling to Him no matter what, no matter how badly you might ever feel over these thoughts and feelings. Be determined to believe that the bad thoughts are not the true you. It's a mental sickness you cannot help on your own right now. It's very difficult to live with, I know, but take heart.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To: OP/Blaise
---
As I mentioned..on another thread,
- You need a Christian counselor/counseling session.
- It can be helpful..
I remember..you said,
- You are having difficulty.. finding one.
- Continue to search..
---
Can you find people who have spiritual maturity?..(& had similar experience/challenges)
- They might be able to help you.

More of His grace to you.
- In the midst of challenges..

• Winner
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stay calm, God doesn't judge you, he is not with a stick waiting for you to make a mistake, but the devil is the one who can take advantage if you are all stressed up and scared.
Go to a church that deals with spiritual issues @Sabertooth knows some good ones i think.

Repeating some scriptures can help, read psalms or something and stay calm and know God loves you and has infinite patience almost.

Whatever happens, try not to freak out, let me tell you something, if you do not want to do something then its not you who is doing this stuff, its not your fault!.

Upvote 0

jesuslover811

Dec 3, 2021
Nowhere
✟6,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I have similar issues with anxiety. Taking magnesium really helped me. I still feel fear but it keeps my heart from pounding so hard and generally makes me calm. It will not cure you but it certainly helped take the edge off for me and many people. Magnesium oxide works for me but do your own research on what will work for you.

God bless praise jesus

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the best thing to do isn't to deny your hate, but to acknowledge it. Jesus understands better than anyone how broken we are, and if you feel a hatred for Him, it probably isn't baseless, and He will be there to show you the cause.
Jesus may be perfect, but we are not, and even if we were, we still don't know everything He has planned. If you feel you hate Him, address it to Him. Even the most loving relationships have fights and moments of anger and hatred. There probably is a reason you feel this way; if a demon is trying to corrupt your thoughts, then it probably isn't free-floating. Demons are unfortunately very smart; a free-floating hatred would have no support and therefore be very easy to dismiss. More than likely, any demonic oppression would come from poking at past hurts and blaming them on God. Maybe it's something that happened to you, maybe it's the state of the world or things that happened to others close to you, maybe it's Christians who wronged you and tainted your view of Jesus... I can't say, as I don't know your mind. But the best thing to do is to bring it to God. He won't always give you an explanation, but He loves you, and that means He will do all He can not to leave you hanging.

As for worrying about God creating sin, I have heard this argument, and this is my rebuttal that I hope will give you a firm foundation next time something like that weakens your resolve:
Love cannot exist without free will. Free will cannot exist without the potential to make wrong decisions. Wrong decisions cannot exist without pain and misfortune. God is Love, therefore He is a being of free will. He gave us free will because, without the potential to make the wrong decisions, it is meaningless to make the right ones. Sin isn't some abstract concept of morally corrupt "evil"; evil itself is a word we no longer properly understand. Evil and sin both mean the same thing: brokenness. Morality isn't about random concepts, it's the set of instructions for a very complicated machine; for example, God commanded humans not to sleep around casually, while numerous species of animals He created to mate in such a manner. It is not a case of random rules, but rather of very precise rules that apply to our unique circumstances, a code for a program which will run perfectly... but only if the code is properly followed. Sin is driven by ignorance; we do not know God's plan for everything, and so, even when we have good intentions, we make wrong decisions. God does his best to give us the instructions and repair us, but either through our own malfunctions, or the malfunctions of those around us, repairs are a regular and ongoing process.
Of course, the concept of why God would allow sin to exist in the first place isn't something I can provide an entirely solid answer for. I have some beliefs that Lucifer's rebellion began with intentions like our own: He didn't see God's full plans, assumed that God's plans were unfair, and that he could do a better job. (Why I believe he is a hateful nihilist now is something for another discussion.) But yes, I believe even the angel themselves have been confused at times. Perhaps that is why God let us taste sin in this fleeting life, so that when we get to Heaven, we might know the consequences of disobedience, and be perfected in our knowledge so that we may never be tempted to fall again.

And finally, sin is horrible, but it really isn't as big of a deal as we think. Sure, it's big, but Jesus is bigger. The whole point of the Crucifixion and the Resurrection was to break the power of sin. It sucks when people sin against others; there is so much pain in life because of our malfunctions. He tells us not to sin not because we will lose His grace, but because sin, like any malfunction, has consequences that would hurt us. (Hence why labeled such things as sin; God doesn't make random rules, we just don't always understand them.) But all our sins and malfunctions are dealt with, and in the long run, sin is meaningless; Jesus broke its power long ago.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not trying to cause more fear, but that’s definitely Satan attacking you. Thoughts like that happened to me when I started reading the Bible again. Pray, read the Bible, and DEFINITELY go to church.

Upvote 0

thewayforme

Believer
Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Pacific NW
✟53,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I prayed for you @Blaise N as soon as I read your post. When we become believers in Christ, the bible tells us we will have much troubles in this world. Your's sound like satan coming at you with big guns! But his guns are nothing but puny, harmless spit-balls compared to God and His Word. Arm yourself now, and pray for God to make you hungry for His Word. He's done that for me, and I have some horrible thoughts come at me as well, and what I'm recommending to you is what I am practicing myself.

I didn't do it on my own, it is God answering a prayer I've prayed for years, to help my unbelief (those nagging thoughts from the enemy) help me when I doubt, help me Lord, to love others as myself, help me to not look at where churches are failing, but help me to follow You no matter what others in the church-building are doing, or not doing to truly follow Jesus.

There is a lot of good replies here, but what I now know is that I need to arm myself with God's Word. Especially Ephesians on the Armor of God. The bible can be like a 50 pound rock for me, and hard to understand, and I still have to re-read, I don't believe it's meant to just read once, it's our life-line to the infinite God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, 3-in-ONE GOD,

Ephesians 6:10-18
The Whole Armor of God
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Here's the whole reference to The Armor of God @Blaise N

Ephesians 6

Upvote 0

thewayforme

Believer
Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Pacific NW
✟53,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not trying to cause more fear, but that’s definitely Satan attacking you. Thoughts like that happened to me when I started reading the Bible again. Pray, read the Bible, and DEFINITELY go to church.
Wow, you and I are so on the same page @Vesper_Jaye✝️ What a God-shot that is to read your post! I was busy typing out my reply, posted it, and saw yours! Praise God, it was like an affirmation from God Himself!! With love,

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, you and I are so on the same page @Vesper_Jaye✝️ What a God-shot that is to read your post! I was busy typing out my reply, posted it, and saw yours! Praise God, it was like an affirmation from God Himself!! With love,
Your post was worded a whole lot better than mine was though

• Friendly
Reactions: thewayforme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thewayforme

Believer
Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Pacific NW
✟53,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your post was worded a whole lot better than mine was though
Yours is perfect in Christ, I had chills when I read it @Vesper_Jaye✝️ because I felt nervous maybe mine was too me me, and not enough God, but He's using us, I know it with zero doubts!! I'm so glad to find the forum, and so pray @Blaise N replies soon :prayer:

Upvote 0

thewayforme

Believer
Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Pacific NW
✟53,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's what is written in His Word, how people like Paul's experience on the road to Damascus! Those that had demons removed, people raised to life when their friends and family knew they were dead, then share their stories with others. It's how the Gospel is shared with so many. The disciples doing signs and wonders, it's all there in the Word.

Upvote 0

ChristopherJO

Dec 22, 2019
ARKANSAS
✟8,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure how true this is but seems like I read that try breathing through your nose as much as u can and feel comfortable with, could help idk butI am struggling with anxiety to for awhile now but God loves u deeply and know he cares deeply about u

• Friendly
Upvote 0