• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am scared of my Schizophrenia

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I am scared of my Schizophrenia and why the lord created me with it. I have been praying that the Lord would take this cup away from me yet I am sure one day God will use it for His honor and glory.

Schizophrenia is so terrible! Lord, please sustain your servant. Bring healing. Amen.

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. I am scared of my Schizophrenia and why the lord created me with it. I have been praying that the Lord would take this cup away from me yet I am sure one day God will use it for His honor and glory.

I also have Schizophrenia, but I've been able to succeed in life and live as a normal person because I take my medication for it. I take 20 mg of Abilify every day; it works well and only has one side effect, an increase in appetite, which is no big deal.

I used to refuse to take my medication. This happened while taking other medicines that had severe side effects, so I didn't want to take any. My life was a complete wreck during this time. I eventually got on an atypical anti-psychotic which didn't have any major side effects, then began taking it daily, and my life is fine now.

From my experience, the key to dealing with Schizophrenia is being on the right medicine and taking it daily. If you can commit to doing this, and it's very easy, then you will be happy and live a normal life.

Which anti-psychotic are you taking?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will b praying for you. May i suggest a counseling agency on youtube and they have wonderful videos that truly may b able to help you. Above and Beyond Christian Counseling, look them up and Be healed and set free in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't be discouraged, God always tells us to take heart. He will fight for your life.medicine have been proved to be successful. after you are stable you can Study God's love and help others to get over their disease.
「约16:33」 我将这些事告诉你们,是要叫你们在我里面有平安。在世上你们有苦难,但你们可以放心,我已经胜了世界。”
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

读圣经⛪
dis

Upvote 0