I am never dating for the rest of my life!

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So if any of these women came up to you, said they were Christian and loved God, and showed major interest in you and wanted to date you, you'd say no hey?
natural-beauty_2.jpg

beautiful-woman.jpg

f2b6eee4a7fea5cca693127cfd8fc49d.jpg
That's what I thought. And don't say something like this can't happen because it happens all the time, especially to men who love God. Maybe the woman won't be as beautiful as this but many women have some form of beauty to them. Woman can spot a good heart like you wouldn't believe. So if who you are morally is the stumbling block... seek God's grace and seek to be a better person. Otherwise, never say never... because God can bring people your way with a flick of his fingers if he so wills.

I'd also like to note that yeah looks isn't everything, but I posted beautiful women to prove a point that he (and others dedicated to "celibacy") probably aren't as serious as they think. Men are fickle and are known to be swayed, especially in matters that aren't sinful, such as marriage.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you aren't meant to be truly celibate, and very few people are as Paul wrote the principle "let every man have a wife, every woman a husband", then fighting against your passions is actually counter productive to serving God because scripture writes it's better to seek marriage than to burn with natural passions.

So it's better to be honest with yourself. In either case, even if you are, it makes you no greater than anyone else, only a better version of yourself if you are meant to be celibate. Celibate people aren't super saints, they're just called in a different way than most, and so people who are meant to be genuinely celibate but resist the call harm their potential... but again, single or celibate people aren't holier/better than married.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not dating for the reason that God wants me to be a person after Him without anyone in the way.

That's all well and good. Seriously, it is. But nevertheless do not immediately close your heart to a lovely woman with a good heart should she grace your path. I too feel I may be destined to be a loner all of my life, and I am strangely fine with that for now, but I definitely welcome any opportunity to love and be loved by one of God's fairer creatures. :angel:

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not dating for the reason that God wants me to be a person after Him without anyone in the way.

part of me has felt this way. Though my medical issues will keep me single and alone for life, I also feel that a partner would distract me from God. I rely solely on Him and communicate to Him only. Someone coming in and interfering could be an issue and He knows that. It doesn't mean I'm called to being single but end up so due to circumstances.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
A lot of the time, saying this is just a self-preservation tactic.

I'm odd, in that I consider falling in love and getting emotionally involved with a woman as a failing. To me it's like giving up.

I've not quite worked out my own logic on that...

Upvote 0

Rebuilding Season

Jul 3, 2018
Somewhere in the Word
✟17,765.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In a deeper way I don't what to have kids. Many women who don't have kids want kids and there very few women who don't what kids so that is a reason. Another reason is I don't want another person to put ther toubles on the toubles I already have.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As you grow in Christ, people won't be "in the way." They'll be there for you to bless. If a Christian man and a Christian woman who both listen to the Holy Spirit get together, I fail to see how they would be in each other's way when following God's will, outside of one of them having a very clear and specific ministry call to do something that is 100% incompatible with responsibly raising a family.

In a deeper way I don't what to have kids. Many women who don't have kids want kids and there very few women who don't what kids so that is a reason.
That can change over time.

Another reason is I don't want another person to put ther toubles on the toubles I already have.
I would say focus on overcoming your troubles, rather than using your troubles to limit your own options and thereby build a cage for yourself. Someday, you're going to want to be out of that cage. This doesn't mean you have to marry, but it does mean that you'd be choosing to be a healthier, happier single person.

Upvote 0