Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

If you were to stick me on the planet Mars I may have a few seconds to make sandcastles out of the iron based compounds before succumbing to the cold. Put me on the planet Venus and I would be baked as if in an oven on the way down. Compared to the intellect and power required to make this universe I am in the vicinity of being mentally ill.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well then... Time to play with creatures closer to my mass, spirituality, and intellect. Here is a friend I have named, "pups."

Pups3.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am Mentally Ill
What is "Mentally III"?

Do you mean "Mentally ILL"?

And compared to an omniscient being, our Mensans know very little.

And I mean VERY LITTLE.

Almost nothing little.

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

- The Love of God is Greater Far, by Frederick Martin Lehman

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe Albert Einstein himself was a creationist as he once said... “Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe- A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.” -Albert Einstein

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe Albert Einstein himself was a creationist as he once said... “Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe- A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.” -Albert Einstein
Did he identify this spirit by name?

If not, I'd be careful in giving such advice as to "feel humble" around him.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Ahh .. he was confessing his deepest, hitherto undisclosed thoughts on quantum mechanics then, eh?
:p :D

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Antony Flew, an English philosopher and outspoken atheist who stunned and dismayed the unbelieving faithful when he announced in 2004 that God probably did exist. He was best known, however, for his books arguing against the existence of God and for atheistic principles. “Theology and Falsification,” a short paper presented to the Socratic Club at Oxford and published in 1950, brought him immediate attention. In a little more than 1,000 words, it argued that the idea of God is philosophically meaningless, since it cannot be falsified, that is, believers cannot posit an instance that would cause them to deny the existence of God. Genuine assertions, by contrast, can be falsified. These are the four scientific evidences, and philosophical implications, which convinced Flew that God exists:
  1. The Laws of Nature require a Law-Giver
  2. The finely-tuned universe requires a Fine-Tuner
  3. The origin of life requires an Originator
  4. The origin of the universe requires a Big Banger
1551192765-fc297a86738682a8fecb17c542e77ef2.jpg

A8426382-1451-456F-B60A-721977199055.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am a product of two very much different type people....

Mother:
* Born in the South
* Wonderful personality - Very loving and kind-hearted
* Intelligence - No possibilities for major universities
* Physically short along with the tendencies to be overweight
* Unhealthy - Very much susceptible to sicknesses. My mother died in her fifties

Father:
* Born in the North
* Terrible personality - Very cold hearted
* Intelligence - Much possibilities for major universities
* Physically tall and can eat anything unaffected
* Healthy - My dad is in his mid-eighties and still is in great health

All my family prefers my mothers side and here is a picture of my sister along side my mother...
320415831_1605507816586332_1578931006697180045_n.jpg

Genetic engineering... It would have been nice if I had been able to pick the best of both worlds!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
f E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Gene mutation (In biology, a mutation is an alteration in the nucleic acid sequence of the genome of an organism, virus, or extrachromosomal DNA. Viral genomes contain either DNA or RNA) ... Can spiritual character be programmed in the genes? My dad recently got two Australian Shepherds that were beautiful and affectionate dogs. The problem was that they were un-trainable. I don't know if they learned the first command. It was tough letting them off the leash as they would want to run into the next county once freed. I would try to transfer them from chain to leash and they would fight me for an hour. Once settled down, though, they were wonderfully affectionate dogs. I have read in material that these are traits in this breed of dogs. It was heartbreaking, though, having to take them to the dog shelter not knowing their fate.

Question... Can character be transferred through the DNA? We got a Collie to replace the Australian Shepherds and the change in breed characteristics was profound. The Collie does not at all fight me and seems more than willing to respond to my wishes.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Question... Can character be transferred through the DNA?
Of course. Character is expressed through behaviour and some behaviour is assuredly genetic. Swallows migrate because of genetics, not because they read about it in a travel magazine.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Of course. Character is expressed through behaviour and some behaviour is assuredly genetic. Swallows migrate because of genetics, not because they read about it in a travel magazine.
Except... Except for human beings. Study the history and there are great changes from generation to generation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Except... Except for human beings. Study the history and there are great changes from generation to generation.
You are mistaken.
1. The changes you reference are cultural changes, made possible by language, spoken and written.
2. The use of language, the inventiveness that led to writing (and to printing and the internet) are genetic predispositions.
3. The "great changes" you claim, are for the most part superficial.
4. The underlying, fundamental human character changes slowly.

Nature and Nurture. But please do not foolishly ignore Nature.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,011.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You are mistaken.
1. The changes you reference are cultural changes, made possible by language, spoken and written.
2. The use of language, the inventiveness that led to writing (and to printing and the internet) are genetic predispositions.
3. The "great changes" you claim, are for the most part superficial.
4. The underlying, fundamental human character changes slowly.

Nature and Nurture. But please do not foolishly ignore Nature.
All came about by the 30 trillion cells in our human body... All genetically programmed for a specific function.

Upvote 0